Official Bulldogs sign Bronson Xerri for 2024 season on two-year deal despite doping ban

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just started watching footy?
I'll pay that hahaha.

I can barely remember what I did 3 weeks ago, let alone how fast a Sharks player suspended years ago.

But from looking at his highlights package again, he does appear to have a decent amount of pace.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Kiraz is a natural born centre imo. Id move Xerri to the right wing and kiraz inside him. The way cc plays them he has his wingers and centres swap around on the field when required. Alamoti and Skelton to fight over the left centre position with one of them going into the back row rotation. Big strong centres. Fast wingers.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is zero chance he could be nearly the quickest player in the NRL but have issues with agility
Speed in a straight line does not mean he is able to change direction quickly. I hope Roger has him doing lots of cone drills too

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speed in a straight line does not mean he is able to change direction quickly. I hope Roger has him doing lots of cone drills too
If someone is nearly the fastest in nrl, he will not turn like the Titanic. Name a player that's like what u describe

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So you guys are saying xerri has gained weight and off peds and is faster now,Yeah cool story

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Will he play on the right edge? He prefers the left edge, Alamoti prefers the right edge. I'm not sure why we would keep them on their least dominant edges for an extended period of time. Anyway I'd be shocked if Xerri walked into the round 1 team, 4 years out of league is a very long time.
Agree play him left with Kikau and Fox. Oloapu, Alamoti, Kiraz would be that powerful edge that opposition scared of close to the line.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The **** is looking like a unit from the media I have seen from him, can we have him already lol

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ʙʀᴏɴꜱᴏɴ xᴇʀʀɪ’ꜱ ʙᴜʟʟᴅᴏɢꜱ ꜱᴛᴀʀᴛ ᴅᴀᴛᴇ

Via Telegraph Sport [emoji438] Michelle Carayannis and Brent Read

Bronson Xerri will begin training with the Bulldogs two months before his ban is due to officially end.

Bronson Xerri has been given a firm date for his comeback.

Xerri, suspended for four years by Sport Integrity Australia and the NRL after returning a positive test to a cocktail of drugs, will be allowed to resume training with Canterbury on September 24 - two months before his ban is due to officially end.

Sport Confidential understands that Xerri was notified of his return date by the NRL in the past week. It means the 22-year-old finally has some certainty around his future as he prepares to make his return with the Bulldogs, having agreed to join the club for the 2024 and 2025 seasons.

Xerri was one of the rising stars in rugby league before his career was placed in jeopardy when he failed a drug test in November 2019. He was provisionally suspended in May 2020 before he was formally handed a four year ban in March 2021, which was backdated to the date of his initial test.

Having struck a deal to make his comeback with the Dogs, Xerri now has confirmation of when he will be able join his new teammates under the roof at Belmore Sports Ground.

“I’m going to come back and prove everyone wrong,” he said in January. “My journey has been an up-and-down roller coaster. “I would love to come back and make every rep team possible. I want to win a premiership.”

The way things are tracking, he will likely start his pre-season training alone - the Bulldogs will be on holidays in September unless they qualify for the finals.

Under Sport Integrity Australia guidelines, banned athletes are allowed to resume training two months before their ban is due to end.

SIA guidelines also deem suspended athletes are not allowed to train with other athletes. However, Xerri is allowed to spend time with athletes or support personnel for social reasons during events which are not sports related - he can go to the pub with his future teammates.

The rules also state that he is subject to testing while sanctioned.

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Has anyone got access to telegraph news, looks like there is an article about Xerri being given a clear date he can return to train with team. I refuse to pay for such a trash newspaper.