News Bulldogs Set to Secure Blake Taaffe

Scoobs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I can't believe the number of whining that goes on in here. This guy single handedly tore us apart when we last played. Great signing imo
Yeah he carved up a reserve grade side, nice one. Did you happen to see him against broncos? Got absolutely monstered and had zero impact. Accepting reality isn't whining.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Thats because our reserves have too many spine players and can't fit them all on.

Papalii shouldn't even be playing nsw cup but he's been elevated because he's good
Alamoti was good too

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm okay with this signing gives us back up or otherwise a fullback alternative for Crichton.

QLDdogsfan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Don't mind this at all needed a Mr fix it for the backline after Avo leaves, probably got him for alot less the Avo would of cost hopefully allows us to make bigger signings. All teams need battlers, think aswell next year we may lose Critta,Burto,Fox to origin good depth and Injurie cover also backup if Critta at FB doesn't work out.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He was playing for a worse team last week, best player on the field.
Against us. That's not an achievement. I've seen him play since his debut and he is in no way an upgrade on Averillo.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with Blake, usually safe and does his job well. Will only get better. Yes has some mistakes. But so do the best AKA Walsh. I Just like the kid, and always have. Hate all you want, but I’d love to see him come here an do well. We will see. But I’m all for it!!

TheAlmightyJish

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with Blake, usually safe and does his job well. Will only get better. Yes has some mistakes. But so do the best AKA Walsh. I Just like the kid, and always have. Hate all you want, but I’d love to see him come here an do well. We will see. But I’m all for it!!
I'm a fan of him as well. Ideally would've kept Avo but he's a handy player, has good speed and skill.

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That wouldn’t be far off the mark.

I understand we offered Averillo $250k which he knocked back and then reportedly signed for the Dolphins for $400.

I think if Taaffe signs it would be for the $250k Averillo knocked back.
Offering our leading try scorer $250k is fucking laughable after playing him out of position the whole year
We will regret this badlyyyy

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
To be fair those saying he’s a downgrade to averilo is a bit naive for me. Averilos defence is terrible still. He is clearly better with ball in hand. Though I’m not sure he’s the overall better player (he could well be a lot better if he sorts his defence and stops fading out) he’s also been unfairly stuck with a fucking woeful roster for years so it’s a case he has had a hard time with support but also stood out surrounded in shit.

If he’s on a contract double taafe then meh to me.

I also don’t think averilo would be a better anything to critta be it 1 or centre.

Xerri is a better option in my opinion too (i believe he will find form he is still so young and hungry)

So really it’s a case if critta plays centre well jake at 1 vs taafe? Defensively I take taafe. Attack Jake… either way it’s done now and we just gotta move forward.