News Bulldogs Set to Secure Blake Taaffe

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Only thing I remember of Blake was me hoping the Rabbit's would absolutely flop when Mitchell got suspended in 21.

Turns out he was pretty good in the finals.

Havnt seen him play much since then. All I know is he was good in the finals series in 21.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
You're wrong too then.
Think your wrong here mate.

Averilos defence and ability with bombs is without question inferior to taafe.

Averilo in my opinion is the better attacking player though he is also very hot and cold or perhaps more fair to say in and out of games.

Taafe is no slouch so the best attribute for averilo (speed) isn’t a huge insane loss like say allen or perham is.

That said I’d be fair to say averilo might help score more points and even create completely on his own though he certainly allows more in than taafe.

I think when you combine this with the fact he is half the wage averilo is it’s not terrible.

Critta, Jac and kiraz are 3 very good backs.

Xerri if he gets back to what he was is in that list too.

Skelton, burns and taafe give us some fantastic options to compete and while I’d prefer averilo I wouldn’t pick him over any of the top 3. I think xerri will be superior by the end of 24 by a long way too.

That 250k extra from taafe to averilo I’d much rather go on thompsons wage to Fucking haas or Tino!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Think your wrong here mate.

Averilos defence and ability with bombs is without question inferior to taafe.

Averilo in my opinion is the better attacking player though he is also very hot and cold or perhaps more fair to say in and out of games.

Taafe is no slouch so the best attribute for averilo (speed) isn’t a huge insane loss like say allen or perham is.

That said I’d be fair to say averilo might help score more points and even create completely on his own though he certainly allows more in than taafe.

I think when you combine this with the fact he is half the wage averilo is it’s not terrible.

Critta, Jac and kiraz are 3 very good backs.

Xerri if he gets back to what he was is in that list too.

Skelton, burns and taafe give us some fantastic options to compete and while I’d prefer averilo I wouldn’t pick him over any of the top 3. I think xerri will be superior by the end of 24 by a long way too.

That 250k extra from taafe to averilo I’d much rather go on thompsons wage to Fucking haas or Tino!
Half the wage? How much do you think Taaffe is on and how much do you think Jake was getting paid?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Half the wage? How much do you think Taaffe is on and how much do you think Jake was getting paid?
Taaffe reportedly signed with us for 250k and Averillo reportedly signed with Dolphin for 400k. We saved 150k if we matched Dolphin offer (Averillo probably would of taken slightly less to stay here imo, 2 years vs 3 years as well - doubt we offered Averillo 3 years).

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely Taaffe isn’t starting fb in 2024. Crichton signed for 3.3 mil over four years (media reports). That is overpaying for a centre and essentially fullback money.
What a player is getting paid is irrelevant where they get picked on any given weekend. The best 17 available to achieve a WIN get picked.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thing I like about Avo is his confidence in trying to burn defenders on the outside when he's bringing the ball back. I reckon he's going to make a good fullback in 2 or 3 years.
Yeah, I like how he always looks to get on the outside and create something rather than bring the ball back predictably like Perham and Hoppa before him

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I mean it’s all speculation though heard taafe 250k and averilo been reported from 400-600k. I tend to believe the truth is probably in the middle as 600k sounds incredibly high for him so far and 400k is less than he’s on now if you believe some people

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Will be interesting to see if they go with Taaffe as first choice FB.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Decent signing judging by the games I've seen him play, even when their big names players are out plays well.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Surely Taaffe isn’t starting fb in 2024. Crichton signed for 3.3 mil over four years (media reports). That is overpaying for a centre and essentially fullback money.
Same contract value as the other elite centres, Farnsworth, Staggs, Manu, Holmes, Graham etc.

Always a Bulldog

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Taaffe is our fullback then we are in trouble. He has no x-factor and is not quick. He brings decent ball playing and a decent kick return but that’s about it. We need way more than that from our fullback. From the games I have watched he spends more time waving his hands in the air appealing for a penalty then being involved in the play