Bulldogs Salary Cap Position In 2019

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
First post here
Yesterday I was at the leagues and I saw George Coorey and approached him.
I said to him “ George I think the doggies will surprise most in 2019,they have recruited
Some good young players from other clubs and given some of our own a taste of first
Grade last year that will hold us in good stead,he told me that the bulldogs have one million to spend left in the cap and we are after a centre,but at the moment there is no one worth recruiting for that position.
He also mentioned that they’ll use some of that for topping up players contracts in 2020.
Also of note,George Coorey said “When we finalised our squad Morgan Harper had to be put in the top 30 as he had interest from at least another 8 clubs”
That’s my share for the day,like every year I always expect our team to do well,I think
The youth we have recruited from outside the club and within will be of great benefit.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Kennel, nice to have you on board.

Thanks for sharing you discussions with George.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
That ($1m left in the Cap) is a little better than my rough maths after we signed Napa. I like the flexibility it gives us to pounce if someone worthwhile pops up. With the bonus that we can top up contracts and retain those that have justified it.

Go Dogs

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I highly doubt we have a million under the cap.........If we couldn't get the centre we wanted why not just sign players in other positions for a year.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I highly doubt we have a million under the cap.........If we couldn't get the centre we wanted why not just sign players in other positions for a year.
id rather them frontload contracts, then just buying a player for the sake of it .. is there anyone available that is really worth it ??

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
First post here
I said to him “ George I think the doggies will surprise most in 2019,they have recruited
Some good young players from other clubs and given some of our own a taste of first
Grade last year that will hold us in good stead,he told me that the bulldogs have one million to spend left in the cap and we are after a centre,but at the moment there is no one worth recruiting for that position.
He also mentioned that they’ll use some of that for topping up players contracts in 2020.
Also of note,George Coorey said “When we finalised our squad Morgan Harper had to be put in the top 30 as he had interest from at least another 8 clubs”
That’s my share for the day,like every year I always expect our team to do well,I think
The youth we have recruited from outside the club and within will be of great benefit.

upload_2019-2-12_10-18-29.png

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
id rather them frontload contracts, then just buying a player for the sake of it .. is there anyone available that is really worth it ??
I don't think we have a million to spend to begin with anyway but I'd have rather have kept J Moz for another year. The backline is a real worry.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ahh imagine if des hAd of stayed, would of had woods and mbye and all these other salary cap eaters. Thanks for the info we will rise again, can’t kill off this club!

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't think we have a million to spend to begin with anyway but I'd have rather have kept J Moz for another year. The backline is a real worry.
I think its been stated, that he was offered one year but wanted 2.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Why didn't we grab segeyaro
#1 He's not a centre.
# 2 Around 3 clubs (including us) have looked at him and it appears that their "due diligence" has resulted in no offers being made.
#3 With #2 in mind, it seems that he wants too much (considering the risk).

Go Dogs

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why didn't we grab segeyaro
I think the off-field issues of the past played a part - We have enough grief as it is with the NRLOLs 'tough new stance!'

Surprising that he still has no club though

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
First post here
Tell him to use that million on Cotric The centre the game and the dogs need.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Agree there is no one worth approaching as a centre ATM. Have they considered some young Kiwi Rugby centres?

Reactions: GP

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If true it's a good play by the club.
Front loading contracts will give us more to splash on with the 2020 playing roster.
2019 will give the young guys a year to show their worth.
Harper being promoted is the right choice if he's being targeted by other clubs though this means if the right player becomes available then we'd need to offload a player.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
#1 He's not a centre.
# 2 Around 3 clubs (including us) have looked at him and it appears that their "due diligence" has resulted in no offers being made.
#3 With #2 in mind, it seems that he wants too much (considering the risk).

Go Dogs
I think hed take unders considering hes working in a café atm and desperate to find a club.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nice write up, good too see we are sitting a little better than thought.. I think we will be fine and the next couple of years will show a lot of promise!! Thanks for sharing and of corse..

Go the doggies.!! Let’s do this.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have been told although we have a fair bit of space its not a million...

Been told yes, we chasing a centre but atm no centre worth paying. The club wants to see how Harper develops this year. Ie. We might already have our centre