Bulldogs round 10 team vs dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not complaining mate I understand completely how much time he has had away from the game and that match fitness isn't something you just achieve overnight, I'll be happy if by round 20 he's back to playing his normal minutes. If i'm being impatient its only because I can't wait to have the beast back to his best and killing other teams for us.

Just having a dig, I don't think anyone would describe him as 'petite' at the moment.

Also love the avatar, f'n great show.

Sull

Whitaker Eye
Reaction score
Yeah sorry man wasn't really directed at you! Just in general some others have had a bit to say about it. I just think the pace of NRL is a hell of a lot better for fitness than playing 50-60 of NSW Cup. He'll ease in and crack the starting side by years end.

Ps. Community ftw. The 2nd paintball episode that aired in the US was just phenomenal.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Am I right in saying this team lacks props? In that regard one if the worst front row combo for a while?

Tolman is our only recognised prop. Paea is a prop/back rower. Then eastwood his first choice is backrow, halatau back row/utility, foster backrow/lock/5/8, payne backrow/lock/prop.

None on the bench would be regarded as front rowers (although payne can fill in there and eastwood has done well there before). I guess we are feeling the pinch with a few front row injuries and the tandy saga. Our only true front rower is tolman. Guess he will be excited by the signing of graham more then anyone :p

phelps_fan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So happy to see Lett get another chance! BrysBigToe not looking any good ?
#brysbigtoe has turned into Bry's big foot. He tweeted the other day his foot is fractured. Said he is still out for a few more weeks, didn't specify when he would be back though.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only surprise is no real props on the bench. sure eastwood, payne and ryan can move up into the front row but surprised technically we have 4 second rowers on the bench. not a bad thing though. just wonder with dragons having 4 decent props in hunt, weyman, merrin and green if we should have had a prop instead of foster, even though i love foster as a player. assuming tolman will be playing his usual 70 minutes without a proper prop on the bench with paea and eastwood mixing it up in the other prop position for most of the game. more of a defensive interchange, probably a good thing against dragons.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
None on the bench would be regarded as front rowers (although payne can fill in there and eastwood has done well there before). I guess we are feeling the pinch with a few front row injuries and the tandy saga. Our only true front rower is tolman. Guess he will be excited by the signing of graham more then anyone :p
x 2. Tolman will be able to get more breather time. Pretty fit though for a prop. Would think Armit would have been included with the lack of props we have atm. I do remember he had his best game i think against dragons...i think this was the game.

P

Paint.

Mx problem with Keating isnt that hes a bad player, because hes not. Hes certainly FG quality. My problem is that he doesnt play anything like a five eighth at all

C

chipandchase

Mx problem with Keating isnt that hes a bad player, because hes not. Hes certainly FG quality. My problem is that he doesnt play anything like a five eighth at all
lmao he doesnt play like a 5/8? are you for real ?

P

Paint.

lmao he doesnt play like a 5/8? are you for real ?
LOL
A five-eighth's basic role is to set up space and tries for his outside backs.
How many times has Kris Keating done that this season? Please, go through all of our games and count.

C

chipandchase

LOL
A five-eighth's basic role is to set up space and tries for his outside backs.
How many times has Kris Keating done that this season? Please, go through all of our games and count.
you make some outrageuos statements on this site, but to say Kris Keating doesnt play like a 5/8 is one of your best

if he didnt play like a 5/8 do you think he would be playing 1st grade let alone the city 5/8??

ahhhh but dont tell me, Roberts does right??? lmao

hhh

Waterboy
Reaction score
your are not normal. Do you even know what you are talking about?

hhh

Waterboy
Reaction score
who are you the coach or something?

hhh

Waterboy
Reaction score
i hate it when people think they know everything about the game hahahahahahaha

P

Paint.

you make some outrageuos statements on this site, but to say Kris Keating doesnt play like a 5/8 is one of your best

if he didnt play like a 5/8 do you think he would be playing 1st grade let alone the city 5/8??

ahhhh but dont tell me, Roberts does right??? lmao
Ok, then, tell me, what is the role of a 5/8?
Don't mention any city or country or keating or roberts or hodkinson or moore or first grade or anything. Just a simple sentence defining the role of a five-eighth.

hhh

Waterboy
Reaction score
Ok, then, tell me, what is the role of a 5/8?
Don't mention any city or country or keating or roberts or hodkinson or moore or first grade or anything. Just a simple sentence defining the role of a five-eighth.
you tell us, you seem to know what you are talking about

P

Paint.

you tell us, you seem to know what you are talking about
Okay, the role of a five-eighth is to set up his outsie backs for breaks, tries and overlaps.

Alternatively, the role of a halfback is to organise his team (particularly the forwards) to gain as much territory and repeat sets as possible.

hhh

Waterboy
Reaction score
Okay, the role of a five-eighth is to set up his outsie backs for breaks, tries and overlaps.

Alternatively, the role of a halfback is to organise his team (particularly the forwards) to gain as much territory and repeat sets as possible.
Did you google that? LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.