Bulldogs roll out the blue and white carpet for Josh Addo-Carr

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly! Should we go back to signing plodders again like when we had salary cap issues again? Successful teams lose players due to cap constraints. I’m comfortable with that if it’s managed well
The ideal plan would be to turn all our recruitment/ development players into top class first graders .
Guys who will stick together for some time and eventually deliver us a title.
We need to become the dominant club we once were ,I have every confidence in TB
and current management to lead us to success again.
Absolutely no room for mediocre performances anymore.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What Happens when Flanagan has a strong season and his manager asks to double his contract? What happens if Averillo kills it and asks for an upgrade? We have no fucking money because people wanted to spend a billion dollars on our backline.

Cotric and JAC don't have that sort of impact, what rubbish. JAC might come up with the match winning play in a big game but everything in between that is off the back off a strong forward pack and a fully functioning spine.

Anyway I'm confident he will end up here, hopefully it's not on some of the ridiculous coin that has been mentioned on here. Cotric also has to kill it @ centre and have q Lomax/Crichton/Manu/Staggs type impact while Hoppa andDWZ need to be flicked for some much cheaper talent.

Good teams don't win finals throwing top $$$ at whatever back is available on the market, they win it getting good value from their backline and splashing the cash in more important areas.
Your'e not wrong, Roosters are a perfect example... They did buy two players in their back;line but it was Ted and Cronk so i'll give you that one.

BUT dont say these guys dont have the ability to win games... Rubbish braz. The guys are game breakers and momentum swingers who can finish off in style.

As for the future, fark who knows what it holds and as for Flanno, thats 3 years away, kid will probably get done DUI before contracts up.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1.2m for two wingers is not good management whatsoever.

I agree, "in time", Averillo could be a good fullback. The kid needs a couple of years atleast, without the added pressure from the outside.
It could be great if we get a couple of solid centres that won’t break the bank.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Surely the club expert on facilities in Steve Turner showed the Foxx around?
‘Fox this is the gym’
‘This is the gym Fox’
‘Gym Fox’

‘Are you liking what you see Fox?’
‘Fox, what you see, do you like?’
‘What you’re seeing you like Fox?

Amazed JAC didn’t sign then and there...:-).

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
‘Fox this is the gym’
‘This is the gym Fox’
‘Gym Fox’

Fox this is our vault.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
‘Fox this is the gym’
‘This is the gym Fox’
‘Gym Fox’

All jokes aside DD,
We are obviously in the market for some quality players due to cleaning up our cap.
I am not discounting the influence of TB but credit should also be given to both Hill and his staff over the last three years who always said 2021 before things get better.
They never wavered from that statement.

a dogs life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Baz said the next phase of recruitment is in priority order...what if securing JAC is that domino that needs to fall first ?

I refuse to believe under this new governance that we would simply let Reimis go to strengthen the Storm and weaken our depth

JAC physically touring our facilities and assume having a yarn with Baz all the more points to an imminent signing

We have suffered for too fkn long and deserve good news I say

JAC
Burton
Mansour (to enable the Burton signing)

Top 30 complete
We don’t need Mansour, that is a dreadful trade for us, hopefully he goes to the Tigers.

I like the idea of bidding up Crichton and others if Penrith want to be arrogant about saying they’ll only do a deal if heavily in their favour.

Fight fire with fire.

We owe Penrith nothing.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We don’t need Mansour, that is a dreadful trade for us, hopefully he goes to the Tigers.

I like the idea of bidding up Crichton and others if Penrith want to be arrogant about saying they’ll only do a deal if heavily in their favour.

Fight fire with fire.

We owe Penrith nothing.
But that might be the tipping point to get Burton for 21

Panthers might agree if only we take Mansour off their hands so they can use that Money to top up and retain Crichton

a dogs life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
But that might be the tipping point to get Burton for 21

Panthers might agree if only we take Mansour off their hands so they can use that Money to top up and retain Crichton
[/QUO

I get we all want Burton for 2021 but it still has to be on good terms for us as we don’t want to be hamstrung with a player soaking up cap space whose best years are behind him. If that is the only play to get Burton, perhaps we just have to wait it out?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Agree I take jac and burton in 22 than burton and mansour in 21.

Hopefully much like the roosters and bunnies are now doing we can figure out a $ release fogure