Bulldogs roll out 6 new signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
My young bloke has played a fair bit of footy against Woodford down here in Queanbeyan.
Says he's a good player and WILL play NRL.

Not that it matters but also said he's a wanker who thinks his shit don't stink.
Sounds like he has all the attributes of your common NRL player

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I will probably get shot down here for this but I never understood the love for reynolds. Yeah he has passion and tries really hard but besides a few good things he really is a average first grade player. Obviously his strength is his support play but as a half he has a very weak kicking game and zero creativity.

I think bulldog fans need to get over the fact he's a local junior blah blah blah and actually get a proper half in there.
Many in here share your opinion.

Reynolds can't pass or kick anywhere near well enough to be an NRL half.

He's support play is good, but that's not enough for an NRL half IMO

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
personally where i think you guys went wrong with lichaa is des recruited him as your number 1 hooker. He should have been recruited with ennis still there so ennis could mentor him for a few years. The problems he has now he had at the sharks but he was thrown in the deep end at the dogs with no one there to point him in the right direction.

I've seen people on here say flanno is a shit coach but he built this year's side up from the last 2 years. It was so evident we needed a quality spine, like you guys do, so he went about recruiting the players and we ended up with one of the best spines in the comp.

Yeah we might have got lucky with barba pulling his finger out but flanno still had the nuts to take a gamble on him and it paid off.

The good thing about flanno is he always recruits in the position he needs and this year saw him develop a side with the perfect mixture across the field.
Problem is, that is what the dogs basically wanted to do. Offered a one year deal for Ennis ( with the idea to mentor Lichaa) but he wanted two. For whatever reason they would not budge ( I reckon it was because Des did not want Ennis because he tried to provide input into a different game plan much like the way he played what was in front of him at the Sharks.

Upupcronulla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Problem is, that is what the dogs basically wanted to do. Offered a one year deal for Ennis ( with the idea to mentor Lichaa) but he wanted two. For whatever reason they would not budge ( I reckon it was because Des did not want Ennis because he tried to provide input into a different game plan much like the way he played what was in front of him at the Sharks.
Am I the only one on this forum who would buy des a beer? :p cheers des

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I will probably get shot down here for this but I never understood the love for reynolds. Yeah he has passion and tries really hard but besides a few good things he really is a average first grade player. Obviously his strength is his support play but as a half he has a very weak kicking game and zero creativity.

I think bulldog fans need to get over the fact he's a local junior blah blah blah and actually get a proper half in there.
His kicking game can be on point (eg. Grand final v Souffs) we were never going to win... but he pinned Inglis in the back corner all night.
Problem now is his good and bad days are few and far between... Maybe thats Haslers fault for not allowing the halves to kick... because surrendering on the last is better... Either way its clear there is a big problem, especially when Reynolds publicly backs the nose whistler...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

I have only been saying this forever ffs

Reactions: CCC

Jack Jones

Waterboy
Reaction score
What is everyones thoughts about Brad Abbey shifting to five-eighth? He has played 6 before the NYC with Warriors.

Has ball playing ability but would need to bulk up a bit.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score

Did you watch him in 2012?
Now tell me one player that has become better since then?
Even Ennis under des was shit. my point is a good coach trains player on there weakness and if they don't cut it shouldn't be in the team .
Plus reynolds has won us more games than anyone else in the team.

Upupcronulla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Did you watch him in 2012?
Now tell me one player that has become better since then?
Even Ennis under des was shit. my point is a good coach trains player on there weakness and if they don't cut it shouldn't be in the team .
Plus reynolds has won us more games than anyone else in the team.
ahhhhhhhh the reynolds fan boys have arrived

Yeah I watched him. People get caught up in his passion and the fact he tries hard. He's always been a rather average footballer when it actually comes to being a half.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
ahhhhhhhh the reynolds fan boys have arrived

Yeah I watched him. People get caught up in his passion and the fact he tries hard. He's always been a rather average footballer when it actually comes to being a half.
Not talking about his passion im talking about how he was controlling the game.
He also was a good goal kicker in the lower grades won grandfinals to .
I'm not saying his the best but he is the best we got and des is slowly killing his game same as mbye .
Mbye is being waisted he needs the ball in his hands .
Look truth is our coach is a cancer and if you look at the penrith game you can tell he didn't give a shit about if we win or lose,
1. He started kasiano after 2 week suspension, kas is a big momentum changer coming off the bench.
2.bmoz why the fuck would you leave him out there another 1/2 hour after being injured?

N

Natboy

I wish Reynold's passion was contagious.
Buying a whole spine in 2 seasons got Cronulla a trophy so many we should do that too? ;)

Upupcronulla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not talking about his passion im talking about how he was controlling the game.
He also was a good goal kicker in the lower grades won grandfinals to .
I'm not saying his the best but he is the best we got and des is slowly killing his game same as mbye .
Mbye is being waisted he needs the ball in his hands .
Look truth is our coach is a cancer and if you look at the penrith game you can tell he didn't give a shit about if we win or lose,
1. He started kasiano after 2 week suspension, kas is a big momentum changer coming off the bench.
2.bmoz why the fuck would you leave him out there another 1/2 hour after being injured?
fair response mate.

Regarding point one yeah that was absolute stupidity to start kas. Was never going to work and I'd love to know his thought process around it and what he actually thought was going to happen. Cause it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realise the start of a semi is hard and fast with teams justout there to complete their sets. Was always going to end up one way.

Point 2 is probably just as much bmozs fault as it was haslers. It was clear he was fucked and bmoz should have told the trainer he needed to go off

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
fair response mate.

Regarding point one yeah that was absolute stupidity to start kas. Was never going to work and I'd love to know his thought process around it and what he actually thought was going to happen. Cause it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realise the start of a semi is hard and fast with teams justout there to complete their sets. Was always going to end up one way.

Point 2 is probably just as much bmozs fault as it was haslers. It was clear he was fucked and bmoz should have told the trainer he needed to go off
Yeah I would love to know the reason behin kas starting but as for Bmoz everyone can see he was gone. They even scored on his side and the poor bloke couldn't run.

Dogs of war76

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah I would love to know the reason behin kas starting but as for Bmoz everyone can see he was gone. They even scored on his side and the poor bloke couldn't run.
In Dessies defense, we did start off pretty well, and did score first and lead at halftime, so i think it did work well to a certain extent, injuries to Lichaa, Bmoz Reynolds did screw up the rotations and yeah the fact Kas doesn't last long is a major problem, i know most love Kas on here, but really in todays game he has to be able to play bigger minutes, he seriously needs to get fitter

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
In Dessies defense, we did start off pretty well, and did score first and lead at halftime, so i think it did work well to a certain extent, injuries to Lichaa, Bmoz Reynolds did screw up the rotations and yeah the fact Kas doesn't last long is a major problem, i know most love Kas on here, but really in todays game he has to be able to play bigger minutes, he seriously needs to get fitter
Love a fitter kas but his up there with one of my favourites and can turn the game.
But as for him starting wasn't the smartes thing , mbye did score first that would of set kas up big time off the bench and probably keept momentum and maybe have a bigger lead by half time.

Status
Not open for further replies.