Bulldogs Ring of Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldogs 24/7

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Who do we pick out of the '95, '04 GF squads? too much talent to pick a couple, Jim Dymock, Britt, Polla Mounter, Sonny Bill, Price etc...
Mate your right, just had a look at the 1995 & 2004 squads and I'm sure you will see plenty of these players inducted in future years.

1995 - Couldn't argue with Dymock (Bulldogs Player of the Year 1993, 94, 95), Darren Britt (Bulldogs Player of the Year 1996 & 2001 and captaining the team for many years), Craig Polla-Mounter was a great clubman (192 1st grade games).

2004 - Sonny Bill Williams possibly in the future and Steve Price was inducted in 2007.

MattO

Rocky Power
Reaction score
isn't dean pay in parramatta's greatest team or something?
Kevin Ryan made St George and Canterbury.

Bob McCarthy made the original Berries to Bulldogs side.

I listed 10 names that I think very few have mentioned.

1 Barry Nelson
2 Warren Ryan
3 Hazem El Masri

4 Graeme Hughes
5 Garry Hughes
6 Bob McCarthy
7 Ron Costello

8 Ray Gartner
9 Fred Anderson

10 Darren Smith

All for reasons I listed above.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

1 Barry Nelson
2 Warren Ryan
3 Hazem El Masri

4 Graeme Hughes
5 Garry Hughes
6 Bob McCarthy
7 Ron Costello

8 Ray Gartner
9 Fred Anderson

10 Darren Smith

The Hughes brothers do deserve to be there...Geoff Robo should be there to and Jason Hethrington

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Barry Ward and one of my favs Robert Relf

M

Mr Miyagi

24/7 it was actually chris mortimer not peter who was inducted.
hazem would be a terrific addition

william, paul langmack will never be inducted champ.
firstly he wasnt a good enough player
and secondly, he instigated and encouraged the defection of himself, joe thomas, cement and andrew farrar to wests in 1990.
WTF, not good enough.
He was awesome

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Graetest dog of all for mine TERRY LAMB!!!...champian

Bulldogs 24/7

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

1 Barry Nelson
2 Warren Ryan
3 Hazem El Masri

4 Graeme Hughes
5 Garry Hughes
6 Bob McCarthy
7 Ron Costello

8 Ray Gartner
9 Fred Anderson

10 Darren Smith

Very thoughtful inclusions MattO25,

All players(admin)/coaches listed have been extremely influential to the Bulldogs Club.

It makes sense that the 50th Anniversary Greatest Team Ever -1985 (Berries to Bulldogs) players are inducted as it follows the trend as all the inaugural players inducted in the ROC were from the 70 Year Team of Champions - 2004. Although I'd imagine Graeme Hughes could arouse some debate.

Would have to agree with Ray Gartner & Fred Anderson who played first grade for a over decade with Gartner captaining the side for many years in an era of limited success for the Bulldogs.

Can't argue with Darren Smith, 186 first grade games for the Bulldogs and played equally as well in the backs as he did in the forwards.

MattO

Rocky Power
Reaction score
Very thoughtful inclusions MattO25,

All players(admin)/coaches listed have been extremely influential to the Bulldogs Club.

It makes sense that the 50th Anniversary Greatest Team Ever -1985 (Berries to Bulldogs) players are inducted as it follows the trend as all the inaugural players inducted in the ROC were from the 70 Year Team of Champions - 2004. Although I'd imagine Graeme Hughes could arouse some debate.

Would have to agree with Ray Gartner & Fred Anderson who played first grade for a over decade with Gartner captaining the side for many years in an era of limited success for the Bulldogs.

Can't argue with Darren Smith, 186 first grade games for the Bulldogs and played equally as well in the backs as he did in the forwards.
Graeme Hughes in recent times has created controversy. But he did make our Berries to Bulldogs side and he was a great asset to the Club via the Media until Noad came along.

IMO Punchy Nelson is our greatest Clubman and his contributions as President and Board Member were invaluable and he's still a champion for the Club.

Wyzguy

Bulldog Tragic
Reaction score
Garry Hughes should be there - disappointing he wasnt included.

rogueflare

popeye
Reaction score
Hetherington, Gillies, El Masri, Reardon and Grimaldi... im suprised noone has mentioned Grimmers yet... he is an absolute legend.

Bulldogs 24/7

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'd imagine the majority of players mentioned will be inducted in future years.

There's been so many great players for the Bulldogs over the years including many great family's Gartner, Stewart, Charlton, Hughes, Mortimer etc.

Very few back room staff have been considered apart from Barry Nelson & Warren Ryan so I thought I'd mention a few who I think are worthy.

• Larry Brittan - for over 30 years has been Head Trainer for the Bulldogs and has been involved in 10 Grand Finals.
  • Dr Hugh Hazard - has been Chief Medical Officer for the Bulldogs since 1974.
Both these guys have been responsible for keeping these great players on the paddock and have been integral to the Bulldogs success over the years.

Three more I thought I'd throw in the mix are from the first commitee.

• Tom Johns - who helped form the junior league and was Canterbury's first district president.

• Frank Miller - who was Canterbury's first secretary.

• George Russell- who was the clubs first treasurer.
Without the vision if these three men along with a few others we might not be cheering for the Bulldogs today but instead supporting feeder clubs or another code.

Images of Tom Johns, Frank Miller & George Russell

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.