Bulldogs Refuse to let Barbagate derail march to finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiraz Crazy

Hasler_For_PM
Reaction score
Ben Barba may have incensed a number of Bulldogs supporters with a photo posted on social media but his teammates refuse to let the drama surrounding the want-away player derail their focus from their clash against South Sydney on Friday night.
Barba became the victim of vile and personal attacks from some Canterbury fans on Twitter after posting an Instagram photo supporting his desire to have the final two years of his contract torn up to allow him to return to Queensland.
Bulldogs captain Michael Ennis would not comment on Barba's intention to leave and said that the transfer saga hasn't been brought up in the dressing room following their 28-16 win over Canberra last Saturday.
"The situation with Ben, I think, copped enough press last week and for me personally we've got a really big game on Friday night," Ennis said.
Advertisement
"I've got 17 guys along with Des [Hasler] to try and make sure that we perform to our best on Friday coming against a side that's been in the top four all year. We're in a vital position on the ladder, and we need to make sure we perform on Friday. So, the boys haven't really spoken about it too much at all."
Barba's future may be up in the air but Canterbury may have already found a replacement fullback in NSW Origin centre Josh Morris who is backed by his teammates to continue wearing the No.1 jersey.
Morris deputised for the injured Barba in last week's win against Canberra Raiders and will again be deployed at fullback against the Rabbitohs on Friday.
Forward Frank Pritchard was impressed by the performance of Morris in his less familiar position and believes he could fill the void at fullback, should Barba be granted his request for a release at the end of the season.
"His efforts have been awesome since Benny has been out. He's just been on the ball and I think he's found the new spot at fullback," Pritchard said. "He's just taken it with two hands and I admire him for the adversity with the change."
Utility forward Dene Halatau was equally impressed with Morris' quick transition from down the back line and says the added responsibility of his new role has led to more creativity in his style of play.
"He slotted in really comfortably, I think he relished the opportunity to try something different and to be in a spot where he has a bit of control over how he play," Halatau said.
"In the centres, he stays on his edge and plays where he's told to play. Playing at fullback, he's got quite a bit more input and he's taking it on and i think he's going great.
"He has definitely a different style of player to Benny but our structure stays the same and he's doing what he has to to really try and fit into that structure."

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Morris will be an awesome fullback once he fully gets used to the change in role. He has everything a fullback needs, hes very fast, he has footwork and a good footy brain, and he is great in defence. We may see Morris go up a level now he has more of a roving commission to be where he wants on the field in attack. St George may see this and start playing Brett there again.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score

lol who is that meant to be

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Good stuff but your kidding yourself If you think the team don't talk about this stuff!

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good stuff but your kidding yourself If you think the team don't talk about this stuff!
Glad we have John Novak the head of Mind Management he is most probably got his hands full atm turning this saga around for the boys and making it more positive.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
franky, inu, kas, perret, eastwood are all rumoured to be missing NZ while graham is missing the UK!!

Also heard Hayne has asked for a release on compassionate grounds as he wants to move closer to a win

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
franky, inu, kas, perret, eastwood are all rumoured to be missing NZ while graham is missing the UK!!

Also heard Hayne has asked for a release on compassionate grounds as he wants to move closer to a win
Lol @ Hayne comment!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
lmfao @ Parramatta Feels & Hayne comment.

Actually this shit with Barba might just be what our players need to lift.

Imagine winning a grand final and Barba sitting on the sidelines, realising his only chance to win a premiership ring went begging after he was barrred from playing.

THAT .. would be sweet, sweet justice for all.

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lmfao @ Parramatta Feels & Hayne comment.

Actually this shit with Barba might just be what our players need to lift.

Imagine winning a grand final and Barba sitting on the sidelines, realising his only chance to win a premiership ring went begging after he was barrred from playing.

THAT .. would be sweet, sweet justice for all.
The only thing that would top that off is beating the Rorters in the GF with SBW watching from the bench injured. Now that would be sweet justice!

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! Brilliant!

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score

hahaha gold!!!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

lol who is that meant to be
Forgot to mention ... made this one of the Parra fans at works Windows Background before I left work tonight..

Can't wait for the reaction tomorrow morning when I stroll on in innocently :D

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
What would top all that would be smashing Manly in the GF with Trex scoring 3 length of the field tries and Geoff Tooveys head exploding in the pressor

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
We have won plenty of games this year with Barba having quiet ones, if everyone puts in we will be hard to beat, Morris will only improve as he becomes familiar with life down the back.
Lucky we had a spare classy centre in nsw cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.