News Bulldogs pounce on Tigers young gun

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sounds promising, always better to be at the Dogs then the Tiges so welcome young fella.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
This guy is an organizing halve by all reports that is a great leader and leass his team around the park. Lets hope he continues in future as we are crying desperately for a player like this

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Woods and Conti going off socials look pretty close so this partnership next year should be well oiled and lethal as both have different games that complement each other. Can’t underestimate how important it is to have success in these grades as a togetherness unit. Good identification from the club and recruiting involved to get this over early. SG Ball is very early days

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The kid is only 17-18 and wants to challenge a top grade nrl spot,I mean please

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Braith only manages premium talent

Word around Moorebank Rams before season end was no
Swear he only has playmakers on his books? That's what I heard about him, didn't think he was staying but there hasn't been much said since then.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You also said meh Marley.. lighten up it's off-season so why not go get laid brah :hearteyes:
Na, you guys are all so sensitive. Fucking Gus dick riders. I said meh, wow. I've never seen him play, the fuck am I meant to say? Have all you Gus dick riders seen him play? How's Kitione going?

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Na, you guys are all so sensitive. Fucking Gus dick riders. I said meh, wow. I've never seen him play, the fuck am I meant to say? Have all you Gus dick riders seen him play? How's Kitione going?
See...you need a break brah, you're SO tightly wound up over not much relax!
He is young and a spec buy so what actually is the problem?

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He played Harold Matthews this year so he would be under 16. Still a long way off first grade if he does even make it, so I don’t see why people are upset with this signing… it’s not like we signed him to play first grade next season

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He played Harold Matthews this year so he would be under 16. Still a long way off first grade if he does even make it, so I don’t see why people are upset with this signing… it’s not like we signed him to play first grade next season
Hm is under 17 and if he is playing sgball next year he will probably be turning 18 next year. Hope he goes eell

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
See...you need a break brah, you're SO tightly wound up over not much relax!
He is young and a spec buy so what actually is the problem?
Where am I complaining? I said "meh" because he's a kid I've never seen play and that he was managed by Braith. That's it. Where exactly am I saying there's a problem?

If there is a problem it's those Gus dick riders like @flamebouyant @bowleggedwog and co that jump on any comment I make and bitch like a bunch of school girls, create drama and derail threads. As you can see other posters like @Doggies2015 and @Cappuccino responded to me like perfectly normal humans.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Where am I complaining? I said "meh" because he's a kid I've never seen play and that he was managed by Braith. That's it. Where exactly am I saying there's a problem?

If there is a problem it's those Gus dick riders like @flamebouyant @bowleggedwog and co that jump on any comment I make and bitch like a bunch of school girls, create drama and derail threads. As you can see other posters like @Doggies2015 and @Cappuccino responded to me like perfectly normal humans.
Cos you said meh. Why would you say that if you were not have a dig at the signing. Plus, let's not forget you whinge about every single signing. So yeah, you have a track record.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Cos you said meh. Why would you say that if you were not have a dig at the signing. Plus, let's not forget you whinge about every single signing. So yeah, you have a track record.
If I was having a dig at the signing I'd say a lot more than just "meh" or mention that I think Braith manages him. It's well known that Braith has spent a fair bit of time at the club over the last year or so.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score

Because you have a history.. As you said he is a kid and never seen him play and you still had something to say. Meh is how you describe Holbrook at the Titians not a kid you have never seen play. Keep your digs at the club coming fan boy.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hope he's a good investment. Sounds like he was highly rated over there if this quote is anything to go by "Conti is currently the most promising player in the Balmain Harold Matthews setup and his potential was rewarded with a place in the NSW Junior Blues camp last November."

The above quote was from an article about the rising stars on the cubs of 2023 page. The whole exert about him as a player is below.

It could be 2-3 years before he's ready unless he really jumps through the grades and excels. He's yet to be tested against adults though and I don't like when clubs push players too far in a hurry. But nice to know we've got quality in the junior system. I don't keep up with them like I used to. But the juniors we bring through were always the key to success for us. Transition planning and good depth can go a long way in a good premiership run. If we've got 2-3 backup halves pushing for debut and they're quality, we're in a great place as a club. So it's something I hope we can enjoy that soon.

Name: Alex Conti
Position: Halfback
Junior team/s: Concord Burwood Wolves, St Patrick’s College Strathfield, Balmain Tigers Harold Matthews
Rep honours: NSW Junior Blues camp (2022)
2023 Age group: Balmain Tigers Harold Matthews

Conti has shown a great ability to manage games from halfback while also possessing a very impressive short and long kicking game for someone so young. Another strength for Conti is how naturally and effectively he straightens the attack for his Balmain side.

Alex had an outstanding u18 Australian Schoolboy Championships in 2022 for NSWCIS, even though he was playing against 17 and 18 year olds.

He is not only a talented league player but also a union player, where he was selected in the Australian Rugby u16s at the back end of 2022.

Conti is currently the most promising player in the Balmain Harold Matthews setup and his potential was rewarded with a place in the NSW Junior Blues camp last November.

Conti has been named as the Balmain Harold Matthews captain for 2023.