Bulldogs players questioned over scandal

Status
Not open for further replies.

THE BIRD

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
DETECTIVES have reportedly interviewed up to 20 Bulldogs players over a potential betting scandal involving a match between the North Queensland Cowboys and the Canterbury club.
The players spoke with police for up to an hour today in relation to the allegations surrounding the round 24 clash in August, the Nine Network reported.

NSW State Crime Command was unavailable to confirm the report but, when asked what had occurred during the police interview, player Bryson Goodwin told the network: "They just asked us a few general questions about it, just doing their job".

"No one's done anything wrong ... so we just let them know we've got nothing to hide."

He also said the rumours had been hard on the team.

"It's lucky that it happened at the end of the year, 'cause it would have been a lot of stress on the team."

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.
.End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

A lawyer for Ben Roberts declined to comment, saying he had been instructed by the club not to give media interviews.

Rumours circulated last month alleging four NRL players were involved in a plan for North Queensland to kick a penalty goal as the first scoring play in the match against the Canterbury Bulldogs.

Police are investigating the unusual betting activity stemming from that match, but have said no time limit will be put on any findings.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
oh joy this could go on for a while longer

TheCaptain

The little (c)
Reaction score
A lawyer for Ben Roberts declined to comment, saying he had been instructed by the club not to give media interviews.
Why would Ben Roberts have a lawyer acting on his behalf in relation to this matter?

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
would be interesting to see how everything pans out

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Why would Ben Roberts have a lawyer acting on his behalf in relation to this matter?
I was thinking the exact same thing, not looking good for beeny boy, but lets not jump to anything

Q-Tip

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why not? If he says anything wrong he might give the impression that he's involved. Better to be safe than sorry, so get yourself a lawyer.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
lol at people jumping to conclusions because Ben Roberts had a lawyer there

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I guess its a long offseason. PLenty time to sort it. Dont really care tbh

the_yuk

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So when do the cowboys playes get interviewed?

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Everyone thought Hazem was guilty because he refused to answer questions in 2004. It just turned out he was so pure he couldn't stand to be drawn into the allegations.

Definitely keep an open mind - in my mind it sounds more like the cops have nothing to pin on anyone which is why they are pulling in such a massive group, hoping that someone will crack and produce something for them to investigate further on.

col of birchmen

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL at people not prepaired to discuss the posibilities
Having a lawyer there means squat Ben probably feels more comfortable with him there or maybe the club wanted him there for whatever reason...period, honestly if you think having a lawyer present means he's likely to be guilt you havent a clue

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
No i definitely think he had a lawyer because he is guilty of illegal betting.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As hard as they will try, as deep as they will dig.,. I predict nothing will come of these allegations...

ProudDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
it pretty much standard procedure for the cops, as for Ben Roberts, if i was being interviewed id have my lawyer there too

The_General

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ben Roberts manager is also a lawyer. People need to stop jumping to conclusions because thats how stuff gets out of hand.

_BT_

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's go with board policy and delete this thread like the others that were deleted because of a few cry babies..

Status
Not open for further replies.