News Bulldogs players covid vax request

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whilst the club and the nrl can’t make them get vaccinated I am pretty sure they will make it pretty much impossible for them to play or train if they are not.

It was reported that if a player is unvaccinated and contracts covid then the NRL can make him liable for any lost revenue to the game. You think about that - all of his teammates will go into 2 weeks self iso so there will be games forfeited. The lost revenue will be hundreds of thousands of dollars.

It will force their hand I reckon

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think JMK has posted stuff in the past about the vaccine. But who’s going to walk away from a decent contract. Fairly certain all players will be vaxxed.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If a player doesn't want to get it up to them, personally I'd like to see games back in Sydney next year and I think this will be the only way forward. Most of these guys couldn't get a job stacking shelves at a supermarket so if they want to walk away good luck.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know a few people in my workplace who were quite out spoken about not getting vaccinated ended up buckling when their pay was on the line. I doubt the Bulldogs policy is going to be much different from other clubs so it will be interesting to see what happens when players opposing the needle get their feet put to the fire.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
I wonder what the implications of Dan Andrews decision to make all workers take the vax?

Even if nsw or nrl dont enforce mandatory vax will an unvaccinated player or staff be able to cross the Vic border to play?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wonder what the implications of Dan Andrews decision to make all workers take the vax?

Even if nsw or nrl dont enforce mandatory vax will an unvaccinated player or staff be able to cross the Vic border to play?
Probably not. I think the NRL will have a similar stance to the NFL. The NFL basically suspend a unvaccinated player for any game they miss for due to Covid without pay.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
it will be interesting to see what happens when players opposing the needle get their feet put to the fire.
Yeah mate I'm not comfortable with the coercion or mandatory approach at all.
Alot of people have already given up alot because they dont want it. The more people are willing to give up the stronger their beleif system.

If a new ultra contagious leprosy type disease emerged should people be forced to chop off limbs for the good of humanity :tearsofjoy:

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If a player doesn't want to get it up to them, personally I'd like to see games back in Sydney next year and I think this will be the only way forward. Most of these guys couldn't get a job stacking shelves at a supermarket so if they want to walk away good luck.
LOL trust me any idiot can get a job stacking shelves at a supermarket......I know because I used to do it. I was 45 minutes late to my job interview on my 3rd attempt (after I didn't show up for the first 2) and Woolies still hired me.

I even did a George Contanza and tried to get fired but I wasn't able to. They're so short staffed that it's almost impossible to get canned (unless you steal from them). Great place for Elliot to work at. He can take his old fella out and whip it around all day and nobody would give a fuck

All these non-vaxers will eventually cave in...even the guys on minimum wage will do it because they won't get a higher paying job elsewhere

Can't wait to be back at the games next year cheering on a top 8 calibre side.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think JMK has posted stuff in the past about the vaccine. But who’s going to walk away from a decent contract. Fairly certain all players will be vaxxed.
Jmk can go don’t need him,he’s had more chances to succeed and done bugger all,so can anyone else,I for one will not be renewing my membership until this and other arrangements are put in place,I’ve outlaid close to a couple of grand the last 2 years for what 3 or 4 games.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully a good decision to get all stuff like this over and done with before season start , no distractions then.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
There's a lot of court proceedings against Brad Hazzard atm regarding whether its legal to make all employees have take the vaccination...So it may mean it can become a choice rather than forced .We'll see if Brad (school teacher come medical expert) Hazard Gets what corrupt Glady is getting atm ...

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Considering all players had to be inside a bubble and conform to guidelines ( and those that didn't got into trouble with fines and suspensions) they would have had rocks in their heads if they thought that vaccination would not be mandatory....

If fans have to be vaccinated to go to games why not the players?

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
travel interstate will be 1 problem if players aren't vaxxed. but it'll be even harder to travel to NZ and back without it.

They can be pretty smart about it, e.g. if players aren't vaxxed it could be impossible for them to meet their contractual obligations such as travel to and from remote games. if they are in breach of their contract then contract can be cancelled.