Bulldogs Player Movements | Re-Signings | Rumour Mill | 2013 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
I'm sorry to upset you, I seem to be doing a lot of that. I just got that impression that he won't go anywhere, is that okay?
Yes you upset me deeply. I've been a mess for days. So much so I couldn't even sleep last night thinking of your post.

Dex

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
BRISBANE coach Anthony Griffin has shut the door on a release for Josh Hoffman as his fullback rival, Ben Barba, took his first steps in Broncos colours.

N

Natboy

RLW_Mole has claimed that Dog's Souths and Sharks were in the hunt for fergo

So with the sharks signing Grothe that should leave us as 1 of two clubs with a chance to nab him.

I really hope we do he's a great a player exactly the sort of player we should be looking at.
If Cronulla wanted Ferguson (which I don't believe they do) I doubt they would stop chasing him because they signed Grothe on a cheap one year deal
They had little depth in the backs last year and have lost more

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Souths offshore accounts still going hard i see. Inglis, sutton, reynolds, teo, burgess poufs, isaac luke, keary upgrade, merrit, walker upgrade, and now leading contenders for ferguson when as reported cronulla offering 700k. Far out what does this salary cap auditor do all day?
I appreciate they have lost asotasi and crocker who were on good contracts but with reynolds, 4 x burgess upgrade, dylan walker and isaac luke i cant see where this cash is other than in brown paper bags.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Souths offshore accounts still going hard i see. Inglis, sutton, reynolds, teo, burgess poufs, isaac luke, keary upgrade, merrit, walker upgrade, and now leading contenders for ferguson when as reported cronulla offering 700k. Far out what does this salary cap auditor do all day?
I appreciate they have lost asotasi and crocker who were on good contracts but with reynolds, 4 x burgess upgrade, dylan walker and isaac luke i cant see where this cash is other than in brown paper bags.

No ****ing way Fergo will be commanding 700k. The risk is way too much. The whole world can see he isn't a reformed man, blowing 700k with Cronulla's financial position with the risk that Fergo brings is reckless and is the reason I couldnt imagine that really.

300k is more likely. GI is on 600-800, so to say Fergo is worth as much as GI... yeah... and they are directly comparable 'assets' considering both are backliners!

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ferguson will get alot more than 300k with or without his issues.
GI contract was upgraded to a million a year late last year. He wouldnt get out of bed for 600k!

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeh i understand natboy but as wev seen with dugan and others ie carney "damaged goods" does not necessary mean u will sign the player on the cheap. The nrl is a cut throat busn these days with players holding power over clubs.

LSD

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Carney signed with the Sharks after winning the Dally M for 700K/season

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-bad-boy-todd-carney-signs-with-cronulla-sharks/story-e6frexnr-1226175175828

He signed with the Roosters for 1 Million for 3 years back in 2010 and won the Dally M first year back, if i remember correctly.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/troubled-todd-carney-to-become-rooster/story-e6frep5x-1225764950071
The $700K was for 2 years, i.e. $350K per season.

N

Natboy

Souths have good lawyers.. AND links with friends in high places.

Tis a no brainer that Fergo will be a free man soon, regardless of the court case.
Exactly. As he isn't signed to a club he is currently paying his own legal fees, bribes and **** addiction costs

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
BRISBANE coach Anthony Griffin has shut the door on a release for Josh Hoffman as his fullback rival, Ben Barba, took his first steps in Broncos colours.
Yeah just like Castle said Barba was contracted until 2015. Lets just wait and see.

I think a lot of people are putting a lot of faith in whoever this new fullback will be, as if FB wa the only reason we didnt go ll the way last year.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
Yeah just like Castle said Barba was contracted until 2015. Lets just wait and see.

I think a lot of people are putting a lot of faith in whoever this new fullback will be, as if FB wa the only reason we didnt go ll the way last year.
This.
Also the coach doesnt necessarily have the last say. That's for the board to decide...otherwise with the amount of faith des showed in barba, he may still have been in the team. Hence his decision to play him against the knights.

There was also an article not long ago I believe where Barba said he would have to talk to Hoffman. Hence there is some sort of fear/panic that he is going, I think Griffin having to come out and repeat his repetitive sentence, implies in itself that there is some sort of concern as to him going.

Last edited by a moderator:

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was also an article not long ago I believe where Barba said he would have to talk to Hoffman. Hence there is some sort of fear/panic that he is going, I think Griffin having to come out and repeat his repetitive sentence, implies in itself that there is some sort of concern as to him going.
Yeah without a shadow of a doubt, whether hoffman is coming to the dogs is another story but certainly something ain't right at the broncos regarding hoffman. Their football manager has commented publicly,the coach has a few times now and also justin hodges, not to mention hoffmans manager has also said there where some issues to work out.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This.
Also the coach doesnt necessarily have the last say. That's for the board to decide...otherwise with the amount of faith des showed in barba, he may still have been in the team. Hence his decision to play him against the knights.

I'm about 60% sure that hoff would sign under current circumstances. I reckon the broncos are the main impediment at the moment...

Now if they sign Milford... It's hard to see where hoff will fit... Even now, with 5-8 up for grabs , his own team think he lacks the essential skill for that... So ill doubt hell be up for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.