Bulldogs Player Movements | Re-Signings | Rumour Mill | 2013 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

col of birchmen

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Right so playing behind a pack of Australian reps like Hannant, Gillett, Thaiday, Parker oh and the NZ in Glenn. Oh and let's not forget McGuire who would walk into most squads packs ours included is holding him back.

McCullough hasn't gone stale, he has been talked up for years and delivered sweet **** all mate. He is a long way behind Ennis.

You might be right on Ennis being little in attack, though he is still a far better hooker then McCullough. If someone had to make way out of Hodkinson and Ennis I know who I'd move. Ennis brings a hell of a lot more to the field. I don't mind Hodkinson considering our options though let's be real. He is a average half, much like Wallace, Walsh etc. Nothing special.

Not saying Ennis is the best thing in the NRL mate though as far as hookers goes C Smith is a mile ahead of all with Farah. Most then would say Luke & Ennis I think you would find.
Hannant is past it, Gillett, Glenn were very poor all year and Thaiday is overrated. Griffin has to take responsibility for alot of their season. Not hard to realize that Ennis is basically the same player as Matt Ballin but on a lot more money. Im not here to change anyone's mind but from everyone i have raised the topic with in person they would take a young hooker like McCullough/Srama/King over Ennis in a heartbeat.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Hannant is past it, Gillett, Glenn were very poor all year and Thaiday is overrated. Griffin has to take responsibility for alot of their season. Not hard to realize that Ennis is basically the same player as Matt Ballin but on a lot more money. Im not here to change anyone's mind but from everyone i have raised the topic with in person they would take a young hooker like McCullough/Srama/King over Ennis in a heartbeat.
Right. I've not seen anyone say they would take McCullough/Srama/King over Ennis in a heartbeat. If I did I would however seriously question if they watch any football what so ever. Not one of them are remotely close. Srama & McCullough play behind as dominant and star stacked packed as Ennis does and the excuse fo the forwards being overrated or poor isn't going to fly. I'd hardly say our pack stood up this year.

Ballin is a solid player much like Ennis too. You don't hear Manly fan's bagging him out and wanting rubbish fringe first grade hookers to replace him.

The fact you can dismiss the broncos pack as passed it when Hannant is 28, Thaiday as overrated when he's spent the past however many years in Origin & Aus teams and Gillett who has been pretty amazing for them this year and Glenn is one of the better players around (had a down year I agree there) and let's not forget Parker who is quality and McGuire. Hardly a pack that is "holding him back"

Srama plays behind Douglas, Myles, Bird, Taylor, James, Harrison, Mino, Bailey.

Both Srama & McCullough are a long way behind Ennis.

King has done sweet **** all. How you plucked his name is beyond me. Would of been better using Peats who again has done sweet **** all. Perhaps any of the Cowboys failed 5 hookers this year? Again Ennis might not be on Smiths level or even Farahs hell maybe not even Lukes though there is not one other hooker that belongs above him on the list. Ballin perhaps there or there abouts.

col of birchmen

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How Thaiday is an automatic Selection for Australia i will never know. Hannant's age has nothing to do with the fact that he is not the same player he was a couple years back. Anyway why are we going off topic. If your happy with how Ennis performs week in week out for us then good luck to you. Hopefully Des and Management see we need a change in the 9 for 2015 and taking a minor punt on a young hooker rather than resigning a 31 year old Ennis who will probably expect another upgrade to his already generous contract, well it doesn't take a genius to see the logic.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
we have spent all our money on forwards and 2nd rowers. I think most the cap needs to be spent on the spine. ours is pretty crap to be honest other than josh Reynolds

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Ennis is a great bloke and does alot for our teams structure and outside image but I do think his age is getting to him now. Defending in the middle for 80 minutes and attacking is a very tiring role, younger or less involved hookers might be able to keep up but if you do as much work as Ennis you will get tired and fatigue will effect your game.

I would like to see Ennis finish his career in the Blue and White and I think know to is the time to bleed a new hooker in by having him as a utility.

Alphamale

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Here's the one from left field, depending who we get at fb what if inu shifted to the bench and started playing some wide running 2nd row similar to a Gillette or Ryan Hoffman type player, whilst still covering all the back line positions.

The guy is big enough, defends well and would get into the action more playing in the forwards. Might be a way to squeeze in the guys we want to keep in the back line eg lafai but still have inu as an impact weapon. Get him in there with the bro club up front and make a solid 30-40 min intense contribution each game. I'd rather have inu on the bench as cover than Reni at this stage.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here's the one from left field, depending who we get at fb what if inu shifted to the bench and started playing some wide running 2nd row similar to a Gillette or Ryan Hoffman type player, whilst still covering all the back line positions.

The guy is big enough, defends well and would get into the action more playing in the forwards. Might be a way to squeeze in the guys we want to keep in the back line eg lafai but still have inu as an impact weapon. Get him in there with the bro club up front and make a solid 30-40 min intense contribution each game. I'd rather have inu on the bench as cover than Reni at this stage.
No offence but thats not left field its ridiculous inu is no forward

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Inu is a back lets keep it at that.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score

said no one ever

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
How Thaiday is an automatic Selection for Australia i will never know. Hannant's age has nothing to do with the fact that he is not the same player he was a couple years back. Anyway why are we going off topic. If your happy with how Ennis performs week in week out for us then good luck to you. Hopefully Des and Management see we need a change in the 9 for 2015 and taking a minor punt on a young hooker rather than resigning a 31 year old Ennis who will probably expect another upgrade to his already generous contract, well it doesn't take a genius to see the logic.
Your "logic" is all over the shop. One minute it's about McCulllough being held back behind a pack of international and origin stars. Next is you would take King a bloke who has played what 3 or 4 games in nrl and been meh over a former Origin rep and player who week in week out makes 35-40 tackles and busts his ass.

Next moment your now talking about 2015 which is still years away. I'm not at all stating we should re-sign Ennis in 2015. Though I am sure as shit that for 2014 he is a far far far better option then 3/4 of the hookers in the comp. Doesn't take a genius to work out that.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score

Horrible idea. Almost as bad as McCullough/King/2015.

col of birchmen

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your "logic" is all over the shop. One minute it's about McCulllough being held back behind a pack of international and origin stars. Next is you would take King a bloke who has played what 3 or 4 games in nrl and been meh over a former Origin rep and player who week in week out makes 35-40 tackles and busts his ass.

Next moment your now talking about 2015 which is still years away. I'm not at all stating we should re-sign Ennis in 2015. Though I am sure as shit that for 2014 he is a far far far better option then 3/4 of the hookers in the comp. Doesn't take a genius to work out that.
All over the shop? If you could read properly you will find my original point was I'd like us to make a play for McCullough in 2015 as Cam Smith is linked to Broncos in 2015 and Ennis is off contract at the end of next season. If your arguing the point for next year then perhaps you should have read my post more carefully as i made no mention of 2014. Having a pack of australian and international stars as you call them did Brisbane no favours this year did it? And when did i say i wanted Cameron King here if you could read properly i said "they" meaning" "the average joe" would take a McCullough/Srama or King before Ennis in a heartbeat.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
All over the shop? If you could read properly you will find my original point was I'd like us to make a play for McCullough in 2015 as Cam Smith is linked to Broncos in 2015 and Ennis is off contract at the end of next season. If your arguing the point for next year then perhaps you should have read my post more carefully as i made no mention of 2014. Having a pack of australian and international stars as you call them did Brisbane no favours this year did it? And when did i say i wanted Cameron King here if you could read properly i said "they" meaning" "the average joe" would take a McCullough/Srama or King before Ennis in a heartbeat.
1. You are saying Broncos pack is the reason they didn't win the prem? I'm sorry did we? Cowboys? Sharks? All gun packs. Your comment is invalid there. Although to dig deeper into "reading properly" you said the pack is holding him back. Well how is playing behind a bunch of International forwards holding you back? It's not also as I call them. It's fact. Hannant, Parker, Thaiday, Gillett are ALL cemented in the rep teams. As is Alex Glenn. Most Bronco fans droll over Smith playing behind that pack. McCullough is rubbish. He is not being "held back by the pack" he is holding back the Broncos along with there 6 & 7.

2. You talk for the "average Joe's" now? Makes sense. Because the average Joe might of just thought Cameron King sounds cooler then Michael Ennis. Because anyone who has watched any football knows that Michael Ennis has played for Origin rep teams for a reason, is the captain of our club for a reason & Cam King has played a handful of games and done nothing. Srama played more games and still done nothing. Neither are remotely close to Ennis's level, though the average Joe might like the names more because it's about the only way anyone would take them in a heartbeat over Ennis

col of birchmen

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can only argue with an idiot for so long before its completely pointless, keep twisting my words if you wish. Michael Ennis is one of the best Hookers ever and Andrew McCullough is responsible for all the worlds wars.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I can only argue with an idiot for so long before its completely pointless, keep twisting my words if you wish. Michael Ennis is one of the best Hookers ever and Andrew McCullough is responsible for all the worlds wars.
I think we have established who the idiot is. Twisting words aren't saying exactly what you said and using real facts to prove them wrong E.G "McCullough is being held back by his pack" yes Four Queensland & Australian reps and 1 NZ rep is a rubbish pack.

Just go back to speaking for the "average Joe" mate. Because the "average Joe" have said they "would take King & Srama over Ennis in a heartbeat."

Keeping dribbling on, cause you sure as shit don't know sweet **** all when it comes to football.

col of birchmen

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we have established who the idiot is. Twisting words aren't saying exactly what you said and using real facts to prove them wrong E.G "McCullough is being held back by his pack" yes Four Queensland & Australian reps and 1 NZ rep is a rubbish pack.

Just go back to speaking for the "average Joe" mate. Because the "average Joe" have said they "would take King & Srama over Ennis in a heartbeat."

Keeping dribbling on, cause you sure as shit don't know sweet **** all when it comes to football.
Ok i cant let it go. Exactly saying what you said? When did i say the Broncos pack is the reason they didn't win the prem?. Although they were near the bottom for metres gained by teams. Did i exactly say that did I?. No i did not, I said McCullough has been impeded by his pack, they lacked the go forward of the top teams (FACT). Go outside your room and talk to Supporters from other teams and see what they think of Michael Ennis as a player? Its all negative you will find. Keep twisting champion.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Ok i cant let it go. Exactly saying what you said? When did i say the Broncos pack is the reason they didn't win the prem?. Although they were near the bottom for metres gained by teams. Did i exactly say that did I?. No i did not, I said McCullough has been impeded by his pack, they lacked the go forward of the top teams (FACT). Go outside your room and talk to Supporters from other teams and see what they think of Michael Ennis? Its all negative you will find. Keep twisting champion.
LOL, good try did you or did you not say he is being held back playing behind that pack. Is that pack not made up of origin and aus reps and 1 nz rep? Your a clown mate.

You also said the average joe would take king and srama over ennis. no one would. you speak for them in your opinion and any idiot would tell you to get off the drugs. your a special kind though. one who is not only arrogant, though stupid enough to believe his own dribble.

wake up to yourself, take your own advice and go speak to other fans. including the broncos who all can't stand that rubbish in the 9 jersey for them. him and wallace and norman wore the blunt of there abuse.

while your at it bring up their aus and qld pack with nz player too holding back mccullough :o clown.

Status
Not open for further replies.