Reaction score
where is the "like" feature on these forums :grinning:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Falou agreed to terms with us, all parties are waiting on the wallaby squad to be announced if he is in it, then he is staying in union otherwise he will be in the blue and white...
So basically, if the ARU wants to do over the NRL, all they have to do is give him a wallabies jersey, wether he deserves it or not

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
where is the "like" feature on these forums :grinning:
There is a reputation feature. Click on the star symbol on the post you like OR even dislike.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So basically, if the ARU wants to do over the NRL, all they have to do is give him a wallabies jersey, wether he deserves it or not
Pretty much...
If you think about it that's why the likes of sailor, taquri and Rogers defected to the ARU

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Pretty much...
If you think about it that's why the likes of sailor, taquri and Rogers defected to the ARU
It's bad enough we have to compete with 15 other teams we have to deal with a whole different code

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
Regarding Folau (if we signed him), wonder were we would play him. Centre? and push Inu onto Morris's wing?
Heard something ridiculous from a few people today (not just 1), saying we would play him at Halfback. Not happening. Has he even played in that position before?

Goz

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
well considering the above, hes as good as a done deal for yawnion then, of course they will chose him

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Regarding Folau (if we signed him), wonder were we would play him. Centre? and push Inu onto Morris's wing?
Heard something ridiculous from a few people today (not just 1), saying we would play him at Halfback. Not happening. Has he even played in that position before?
I'd guess you're right...

1. Barba
2. Inu
3. Morris
4. Folau
5. Perrett

How good does that look?

Edroy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Loads of dribble again..

Is that the same manager who told you about the Barba dribble that you posted 2 days ago... I hate to say it but I as right and you were dead wrong btw.

Re falou, he will be a bulldog only if he isn't chosen in the wallaby squad...

Otherwise he will be a former first grader...
I'm sure I saw on tv that he was the other day. Will try to find a link.

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-new...tted-as-expected/story-e6frfkp9-1226619140016

It's a "logistical camp". ARU's attempt to secure him perhaps?

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
well considering the above, hes as good as a done deal for yawnion then, of course they will chose him
Bought to you by klem bupa-berg Thanks for the link mate.

The Australian Rugby Union (ARU) decision to make a big deal of Israel Folau being part of the Wallabies camp squad could easily backfire. Wallabies coach Robbie Deans' argument that Folau has "x-factor" surprised many, as the New South Wales Waratahs utility back still looks a long way off from being a Test player. Folau's selection has more to do with the ARU doing whatever it can to convince the player to stay in the code. And that appears a lost cause. The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs NRL club is hovering close to Folau, and it will surprise no-one if he appears in the league ranks next year. Despite denials, Folau is understood to have been less than impressed in being used by ARU officials to promote Sevens football the previous week. He was apparently not warned about this, and was forced to admit interest in the Australian Sevens program.

ESPNscrum.com has also been told that those associated with Folau are deeply unimpressed with embarrassing racial comments made towards him at a recent rugby function, and also a misguided conversation involving a high-ranking official, who suggested: "What are you going to play next? Cricket?" Maybe that's why there were sightings of those close to Folau leaving the Bulldogs offices a few days ago.

Edroy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is he friends with Inu or am I just thinking that because they're both Mormon? Could be a factor.

People really shouldn't go off a couple of highlights but in a recent game Folau looked like he was already more dangerous than many long time RU players.

I'll actually watch the next Tahs game if their season aint over just to see how Folau plays. Most people have been playing down his ability but I reckon he has the potential to be a superstar if he wasn't before he left the game.

Goz

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
hmmm interesting

when do they select for wallabies, anyone know? i don't follow that shit

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Falou agreed to terms with us, all parties are waiting on the wallaby squad to be announced if he is in it, then he is staying in union otherwise he will be in the blue and white...
Any truth in the rumour that he may be a mid-season signing if the tah's don't make the finals?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
WTF ...,. Sharpy is chipandchase???

Tomkins is signed up longterm until 2016, with his contract conditions not allowing him to speak to union or NRL clubs until 2014 (three years into a five year deal). Even then if he was signed pre 2016 to another club they'd have to pay compensation to his current club. That won't happen.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-league/15625039

Briscoe was reported months ago to be going to Cronulla and then nothing more was heard of it, meanwhile Hull FC were meant to be tabling him a massive offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.