Bulldogs Player Movements | Re-Signings | Rumour Mill | 2013 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have been informed by a semi reliable source (told to him by one of the players) that Daryl Millard is coming back to the dogs in 2014.
Will be signed up by the end of January.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have been informed by a semi reliable source (told to him by one of the players) that Daryl Millard is coming back to the dogs in 2014.
Omg you have got to be kidding ,please be not true

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Magic Millard. I hope he has learned how to wave his wand because the only magic he ever did in the past was to somehow remain in first garde despite being so ordinary.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Because Dakar = troll account.. and many fell for it.

No way Millard will come back to us... Ryan Millard maybe... as a NSW Cup backup.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Daily telecrap reports inu will get first crack at fb in 2014. Cant see us signing anyone of note now to be perfectly honest. Just get around and support our current team and hope the "surprise" or breakout year comes from an unknown from within.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
lets hope so, sounds like hoffman isn't gonna happen.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If our year fails due to a lack of quality #1, and/or Morris gets shifted to fullback and then leaves in 2015... how pissed off will fans be?

N

Natboy

If our year fails due to a lack of quality #1, and/or Morris gets shifted to fullback and then leaves in 2015... how pissed off will fans be?
It depends if Morris gets involved this year or not. If he doesn't we may as well spend the money on someone who wants to be there

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It depends if Morris gets involved this year or not. If he doesn't we may as well spend the money on someone who wants to be there
Exactly. There won't be much we can do about his leaving if he wants to desperately play with his brother again. As for Morris playing fullback, he was much more involved there than at centre IMO

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If morris is played at fb ill rape my asshole with a cactus. But he wont play there. He was a stop gap solution and that is all.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If morris is played at fb ill rape my asshole with a cactus. But he wont play there. He was a stop gap solution and that is all.
Haha wow thats confidence or you like that lol

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Daily telecrap reports inu will get first crack at fb in 2014. Cant see us signing anyone of note now to be perfectly honest. Just get around and support our current team and hope the "surprise" or breakout year comes from an unknown from within.
As far as I'm concerned, this was always the best option. Inu is custom made for fullback. Granted, he can be inconsistent, but barba was hardly a model of consistency before hasler whipped him into shape. This would also allow lafai to come into the side.
Fullbacks nowadays, need speed, power, a passing and kicking game and the "freak factor" for when you need a Hail Mary. Inu is the only player we have access to, that ticks all those boxes.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Geez... I didn't think that there was any more room for disaster. I thought the NSW Cup side had gone as low as they could go.

playon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We are now in January and no signs of us signing a Fullback

I've seen this kid play a few games and he's an attacking weapon defensively he ain't great but neither was Ben Barba before Des sorted him out. I hope we we make a move for him.

Evander Cummins had an injury-interrupted 2013. Cummin's topped just about every attacking stat in the 2012 Holden Cup. Despite playing just 16 matches, he made 36 line-breaks and busted 192 tackles, the most of any NYC player in both categories. That said, rival clubs are on the hunt for Cummins following the arrival of Josh Dugan at the Dragons, with the Eels earmarked as a potential destination.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ities-at-dragons/story-fni3fs14-1226753449244

The stat that sticks out for me, which was staggering is that the kid busted 192 tackles in 16 games

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Signed with the Eels earlier this year playon. But agree, decent player who shows some talent.

My concern with Inu is that he gets lazy at times, and whilst he can leap and have good hands, again it's inconsistent.

Sure playing in the #1 would force him to defend decently and work on his handling (whilst not allowing him to slack off), but I just can't see him as a fullback longterm.

Owey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Signed with the Eels earlier this year playon. But agree, decent player who shows some talent.

My concern with Inu is that he gets lazy at times, and whilst he can leap and have good hands, again it's inconsistent.

Sure playing in the #1 would force him to defend decently and work on his handling (whilst not allowing him to slack off), but I just can't see him as a fullback longterm.
Inglis was also seen as a bit lazy when playing in the centres, the media even calling him fat and overweight. But he now has a high work rate and has never looked fitter.

Hopefully Inu has a similar transition from centre to fullback. Here's hoping.

Status
Not open for further replies.