Bulldogs Player Movements | Re-Signings | Rumour Mill | 2013 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Daniel Mortimer.. I wonder if he's an option worth exploring under the watchful eye of Des. I reckon his career suffered from lack of support.

Likewise Arana Taumata is being wasted out there and with the right guidance could have been good.

I wonder what Aaron Groom is doing these days.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
in my opinion until the nrl come out and say what asada have as proof on these players its nothing more then wishful thinking from the sports doping authority.

either way the nrl and asada need solid proof what ever was done was a breach of the rules dated at the time of the so called offences. not saying year 2010 or what ever, it must be stated on the world doping register that month or set date, as the substance (*******) is banned.

its like banning aspros as of December 2013, yet charging players with taking them in march 2013 . if its not banned on that date its a bull**** charge

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not bad shout out mate. He is well behind at the roosters. However, is he an upgrade from keating or Trent? I wouldn't mind, never know what des can do. IDWT- in des we trust!

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Jeff robson is such an under rated player never has a bad game ,here come all the so called experts on here criticise this comment lol but hes exactly what we need but i know it wouldnt happen

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
No offense mate, but I don't claim to be an expert, though Robson is on the same level. He is average.

Nothing better then Keating or Hodkinson. He has had several bad games.

We need someone like Johnson or Carney who can add in to attack, in ways others just don't.

jake6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Im not sure if some people on here realise the difference between five eigth and halfback
These days there is not too much difference , it all depends on the structure of the team , the teams that have a half each side of the ruck there is no difference really , cowboys are a perfect example , but the way we play we actually do need a dominate halfback

jake6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Daniel Mortimer.. I wonder if he's an option worth exploring under the watchful eye of Des. I reckon his career suffered from lack of support.

Likewise Arana Taumata is being wasted out there and with the right guidance could have been good.

I wonder what Aaron Groom is doing these days.
Mortimer puhlease what are you smoking

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No offense mate, but I don't claim to be an expert, though Robson is on the same level. He is average.

Nothing better then Keating or Hodkinson. He has had several bad games.

We need someone like Johnson or Carney who can add in to attack, in ways others just don't.
Wrong. That is not what we need.

We need an organising halfback with the ability to control a game yet have the ability to put players into holes.

I wouldn't mind Sam Williams? like the rest of the raiders team, has been below par but he has shown what he can do. Think he'd be good for the 'Dogs.

Carney is a good player but we have enough flair in our team. We need control and that is what we lack. How I wish we could sign Cronk or Adam Reynolds lol

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Im not sure if some people on here realise the difference between five eigth and halfback
There's actually not a whole lot of difference in some cases. I mean the halfback is supposed to be the guy that leads the team around, but Lockyer did that and he was a 6. Thurston plays pretty much the exact same role wearing 6 at the Cows as he did when he was wearing 7 on his jersey.

The difference between a 6 and 7 is more to do with how they compliment each other. If your 6 is the offensive facilitator, then you want your 7 to play a role which compliments that (e.g. Reynolds with his mostly running based game). If your 6 is a Reynolds type player, then you want your 7 to be someone like Cronk, who controls the game and facilitates the offense. I think the number is not so much the major determining factor.

Klem Bupa-Berg

Kennel Established
Reaction score
in my opinion until the nrl come out and say what asada have as proof on these players its nothing more then wishful thinking from the sports doping authority.

either way the nrl and asada need solid proof what ever was done was a breach of the rules dated at the time of the so called offences. not saying year 2010 or what ever, it must be stated on the world doping register that month or set date, as the substance (*******) is banned.

its like banning aspros as of December 2013, yet charging players with taking them in march 2013 . if its not banned on that date its a bull**** charge
Unfortunately legally impossible as it still an investigation at the moment. Im assuming even if an infraction notice is provided the details would be privy to the tribunal and not public knowledge??

Last edited by a moderator:

B4L

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Out of all the off contract Halfbacks i think our best options would be to look at:

Luke Keary - Great young player, his best skills are the ones we really need organising and kicking
Michael Morgan - With Tompson signed and between Tamou,Scott,Thurston,Bowen and Linnet upgrades is al least 750k and im sure he will be demanding above 200k so not much room for them , but i am not sure about him playing with Renyolds.
Chad Townsend & Sam Williams - Both great young players,

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I said it before and I'll say it again if our club has an eye to the future we should be making a play at Luke Keary. The kids a diamond in the rough, all he needs is someone like Hasler to give him a spit shine. You can have your Cronks, your thurstons, your Carneys, this is the kid we should be chasing.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I liked the look of the Tigers Half Back last Sunday, can't recall his name but he will be a gooden!!!

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just wonder who des and crusher have in mind they would be eyeing off someone no doubt

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Wrong. That is not what we need.

We need an organising halfback with the ability to control a game yet have the ability to put players into holes.

I wouldn't mind Sam Williams? like the rest of the raiders team, has been below par but he has shown what he can do. Think he'd be good for the 'Dogs.

Carney is a good player but we have enough flair in our team. We need control and that is what we lack. How I wish we could sign Cronk or Adam Reynolds lol
I don't think i'm wrong at all. Robson is on the same level as Keating and Hodkinson. He is deadset average.

I agree we need control and a half that can direct the team and the game, that can put players in holes but also something that Keating/Robson/Hodkinson and the other average halfs can't offer like Carney, Johnson etc. A kicking game to both help in defense and attack. E.G 40/20. E.G Repeat sets.

I also agree i'd take Adam Reynolds or Cronk or JT well above anyone else. DCE is in that group too I believe.

Though seriously Carney is a gun, Johnson could be, Keary has hype.

Robson is another Keating/Hodkinson and that just won't cut it. Hell they are a poor mans Wallace.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sam williams is very overrated. Eight good games does not make a good player. Id hate to splash out big bucks for him and he turn out to be another dud eg (hodkinson and offcourse keating).
We have 400k plus there we need to use it to strengthen our hb position.
On nrl 360 last night they showed a the top 5 halfs psi from the last 18 months and todd carney was 4th which is not bad as he had cronk, thurston and benji slightly ahead.
In my opinion iy should be carney first and then sean johnson.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I liked the look of the Tigers Half Back last Sunday, can't recall his name but he will be a gooden!!!
Jacob Miller. Has potential. I don't think you see his full game though cos he's stifled by bunji and nobbie. He killed it in there under 20s.

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jacob miller has a very questionable off-field personality, I am very good mates with one of his best mates and trust me, he's not someone we want at the club.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Sam williams is very overrated. Eight good games does not make a good player. Id hate to splash out big bucks for him and he turn out to be another dud eg (hodkinson and offcourse keating).
We have 400k plus there we need to use it to strengthen our hb position.
On nrl 360 last night they showed a the top 5 halfs psi from the last 18 months and todd carney was 4th which is not bad as he had cronk, thurston and benji slightly ahead.
In my opinion iy should be carney first and then sean johnson.
Completely agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.