Bulldogs Player Movements | Re-Signings | Rumour Mill | 2013 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Watching shaun johnson last night geez i hope des makes a play for him ,him and reynolds would be dynamic and im sure him and elliot wont get on this year

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Watching shaun johnson last night geez i hope des makes a play for him ,him and reynolds would be dynamic and im sure him and elliot wont get on this year
I thought that Pita Godinet played very well also!

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
For those wanting Dugan,

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...josh-dugan-axing/story-e6frep5x-1226599105474

THE Canberra Raiders terminated Josh Dugan's contract after a player-led revolt, where a number of the club's stars told management they would not re-sign if the fullback was retained.
And News Limited can reveal that not one player fronted coach David Furner or chief executive Don Furner to plead Dugan's case before the fullback's contract was ripped up last Thursday.

When Todd Carney was cut by the Raiders in 2008, Canberra power brokers were inundated with players trying to convince the club to give him one more chance.

Dugan has not been in contact with Furner since the coach attended his Canberra home last Tuesday.

In his column for News Limited, Raiders legend Mal Meninga provided an insight into the Dugan fallout.

"We all know Josh is a tremendously talented player, but the relationship between him and the club had become toxic, so they parted ways. More correctly, Dugan was sacked," wrote Meninga, the club's former skipper.

"What unfolded with Josh and the Raiders was a situation also born out of loyalty. Specifically, Josh's lack of it, and the selfishness he exhibited to his coach, teammates and fans.

"Josh's immaturity and lack of respect for his coach and club led to the amazing situation where several players told management they would not be re-signing with the club if the fullback was retained.

"What an extraordinary situation to have the players standing alongside you ... to declare they and the club would be better off without you. The Raiders administration, like they did with Todd Carney a few years ago, took the brave decision to put the club above a star player."

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shaun Johnson please Dessy, get to it champion.

Kids a freak, has the potential under the right coach to be one of the most devastating halves in the game.

P

Promiscuous

Strong reliable source says dogs are interested in signing Darryl Millard, mid season

Anyone else hear this?

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
There is no doubt in my mind that the dogs should go after luke keary from Souths/bears.

Give him whatever Hodko is on and do it quick I say

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There is no doubt in my mind that the dogs should go after luke keary from Souths/bears.

Give him whatever Hodko is on and do it quick I say
I agree 100%. Luke keary would be a great long term asset to us, the kids an absolute gem but I can not see Souths letting him go without a fight.

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Gee we are in a great situation to make some key signings this year,with Turner and Payne retiring,other players of contract at years end . We must be at least 400k - 500k under what we expected to be at for this year...Interesting couple of months ahead....
I reckon Des and Cleal would be secretly grinning from ear to ear. They already have a gun side capable of winning the comp and theres still room to move under the cap to buy more or upgrade contracts and basically build the team the want...
Exciting times...

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
I agree 100%. Luke keary would be a great long term asset to us, the kids an absolute gem but I can not see Souths letting him go without a fight.
With turner and Payne retiring, Hodko KK and Halatau all on 1 year deals I'm sure we could blow their offer out of the water. How much do u pay for someone who hasn't played 1st grade yet though?

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
With turner and Payne retiring, Hodko KK and Halatau all on 1 year deals I'm sure we could blow their offer out of the water. How much do u pay for someone who hasn't played 1st grade yet though?
3 yr deal @ 200k ???

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Bulldogs have pretty much set the standard signing Klemmer on a reported million dollar deal over 3yrs before his debut in 1st grade. How much would they be willing to pay Luke keary to loueur him away from Souths, mate your guess is as good as mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.