Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
This is definitely Turners last season. But god damn Folau would be expensive. I hope they expend more effort getting a world class halfback to allow our awesome squad to do the job they failed to accomplish last year.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lack of decent halfbacks in the NRL is actually rather alarming. I mean when Thurston retires there wouldn't be any true world class halfback left...

Our team really does carry Keating in every game tbh, guess this signing might not be all too bad if it is true, Folau is after all a big game player.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hayne is not crap in halves do you guys watch footy hes a gun forget the ego side of it also the crap team hes played in

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Hayne is not crap in halves do you guys watch footy hes a gun forget the ego side of it also the crap team hes played in
A gun half, LOL. Yes he is crap in the halves and he failed when he played there. If you noticed he basicallly ran side ways everytime he got the ball and ran his backs out of space to do anything. Anything he did do was mostly individual bar some cut out passes to the winger on the line. Players like Hayne, Inglis, Barba, Dugan etc are most effective from kick returns with open space and the freedom to pop up wherever to hit the holes. Parra forced him into the position as they were/are a typical one man team and placed a huge amount of pressure onto him to solve the creativity shortfalls and lack of any other players. He buckled under the pressure.

H

hazem_elmasri

No he was in a **** team
Be told. Grog dog is right!!!
I think Haynes is one of the best players I have ever seen ad I love him but he is the worst five eighth in the world. I think he has lost every game he has ever played at that position...
Not sure what Ricky Stuart was smoking when he said Haynes best position was in the 6. Anyway, they are both together now and I think as evidence to support what grog dog and I have told you, is that we can both be confident Haynes will not be finishing the season in the 6.

Do you even know rugby league?

Happy to teach, but show real professors of the game (grog dog and myself) some respect and learn from our opinions, backed by fact.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Listen ,firstly its my opinion which differs to yours unlike yourself i respect your opinion but have my own opinion ,i find alot of guys on here unlike an astute judge like des hasler himself have much vision and purely base players on face value and dont look under the surface a bit like krisnan inu ,do you think ben barba would be good at fullback at parramatta when their forwards are not dominating ?i think not ,like i said its my opinion and you have yours and in any case its trivial debate as it may not even happen

dog11y2

New Pup
Reaction score
Yes im back, but im only having a say. I hope what ive said is true, but if it isnt it is like all the other possible signings we could have had.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
lol. If only they had 488. A large number of rumour threads that turn out to be duds come from ppl with less than 20 posts. You're a veteran compared to them. And you are def not new, 2008 join date.
Thanks dude, i was doing it in humour and being a bit sarcastic LOL

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
lol. If only they had 488. A large number of rumour threads that turn out to be duds come from ppl with less than 20 posts. You're a veteran compared to them. And you are def not new, 2008 join date.
and a supporter since 1976, saw my first game at the Sydney sports ground against the chooks ( we got flogged )

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Does anybody know what the third party agreements are like these days? Are they capped at a certain amount or unlimited. Also is it capped at how many players are eligible for it? And also is it the players agent that seeks them or the club?

Can't be bothered googling it. Does a 3rd party sponsorship come into negotiations? E.g we will give you 400k plus a sponsorship deal with Nike, Telstra, Sony, Holden worth an extra 400k all up. Is that how it works?

I can't see how it's third party if the club is involved and I don't see why it would count towards the salary cap if the agent organises it.

The Jerker

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
A third party agreement takes place when the club approaches current or prospective partners and arranges for the said player to perform duties for the partner. Generally this is done at the player managers request to try and maximise the players total earnings through the club. The third party company will then pay a sum to the football club which then tops up the players monthly wage. The player in return will then do specific advertising or appearances for the partner whether that be in retail stores or special events etc.

As for what the limits are I don't know.

Generally most established players will recieve free kit from Sporting manufacturers but very few are actually paid athletes.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A third party agreement takes place when the club approaches current or prospective partners and arranges for the said player to perform duties for the partner. Generally this is done at the player managers request to try and maximise the players total earnings through the club. The third party company will then pay a sum to the football club which then tops up the players monthly wage. The player in return will then do specific advertising or appearances for the partner whether that be in retail stores or special events etc.

As for what the limits are I don't know.

Generally most established players will recieve free kit from Sporting manufacturers but very few are actually paid athletes.
This is what happens with large companies who have an "Indigenous Employment Policy". If they cant find an indigenous employee then they will pay a player to do some advertising hence fulfilling the obligations of their policy. These policies are required if these large companies want to tender and complete government contracts.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Phil Rothfield: Dugan might be a Bulldog

Buzz Rothfield just tweeted that he got a call saying that Dugan will either play for Dragons, Broncos or us this year after he is sacked after Thursdays board meeting.

Firstly, should we even bother?
Secondly, can he play number 7?
Thirdly, if he can't play 7 why bother?

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes we should bother but with strict conditions.
no he cant play 7
we should bother as we could play him on the wing and see how he goes or fullback until benny returns.
For 200k id sign him in a heart beat and leave it to des to fix him up.
if he stuffs up again then its seeya

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
you really think he's gonna sign for 200k? and with the news of barba's progress it hardly seems likely he would need a player bought to replace him for the time he needs to recover

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Reynolds can play 7 with Barba and Dugan covering the 1 and 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.