Bulldogs Player Movements, Re-Signings, and Rumour Mill: 2012 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Drugs or no drugs, nobody can doubt the guys ability on the field... One of the best players to ever play the game...
He had a complete game, offensively and defensively.. No other player had that much influence on the opposition as well as his team.

and BTW if he played for the dogs, none of you would be mentioning his drug problems... the same way we don't talk about Lamb domestic problems and Price's addiction etc etc..
Just to clarify, I think Johns is the best player in history. Show me where I ever said otherwise. He's an immortal and halfback of the century. Don't ever throw me in the same boat as the ones who forget about that because of some off field bs

playon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...nd-so-is-his-senior-debut-20120804-23mb6.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Tuimavave

Early years

Tuimavave attended St. Patricks School and Sacred Heart College, both in east Auckland.[2] He played his junior football with the Mt. Wellington Warriors rugby league club. A versatile back, Carlos primarily plays in the centres, but has played most of his Toyota Cup career in the halves. He can also cover fullback.
Playing career

Tuimavave signed with the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs when he was 16 and moved to Sydney.[3] Becoming homesick, he was offered the chance to join the New Zealand Warriors Toyota Cup squad in 2010 and played in both the 2010 and 2011 Grand Final victories. Forming a halves partnership with Shaun Johnson, Tuimavave was named the man of the match in the 2010 Grand Final and also won the Warriors Young NYC Player of the Year award.[2] He was named in the 2011 National Youth Competition Team of the Year. In 2012 he became the club's sixth player to appear in 50 NYC matches.[4]

Tuimavave became the 177th player to play for the Warriors, making his National Rugby League debut on the 5 August 2012 of the bench in the 45-4 loss against the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks at Mt Smart Stadium. He come on the field after 20 minutes filling in for the injured Five-Eighth James Maloney. Carlos served as 18th man the weekend before.[5]
Representative career

Tuimavave played for the Junior Kiwis between 2010 and 2012.[2][6]
Personal life

Tuimavave is a cousin of former Warrior, Evarn, and nephew of former Kiwi and Samoan internationals, Tony and Paddy.[7]

interesting if we really are after him considering we had signed him at 16.

just went over to the warriors forum seems they are chasing Trent Hodkinson
interesting also seems that Tuimavave is off contract

Last edited by a moderator:

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nrl rumour mill is reporting two Sydney clubs chasing very hard for Reynolds. He seems to think we will struggle to keep him. I've always thought Reynolds seems like the type of bloke who would stay here for less money. Providing we're in the ball park obviously

liambritemmy

Waterboy
Reaction score
Reynolds being offered around

Ok this may be some BS and I personally think it is, I'm from country NSW so I don't hear as much or as quickly as you city guys but I have a brother in Sydney who is usually pretty good with the rumours, he is saying he is hearing Reynolds is being shopped to Penrith and parra, my response was if this is true there must be something big brewing, he says he thinks it could be Johnson, don't shoot the messenger guys

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Doubt he's being shopped around by the club. I imagine his manager is having a look around to see what interest and value other clubs think he's worth and then the Dogs will act accordingly.

I would be VERY shocked if we lost Reynolds.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, November 1st is when he will be able to negotiate with other clubs. There is supposed interest by Penrith in particular with Gould being a massive fan of Reynolds, however he is a local boy and I think above all else he would rather stay at the club.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
Penrith are making a big offer for him, and don't think the fact that Hodko is on much more $$$ than him has gone unnoticed. Would prefer if we kept Reynolds over Hodko if cash is the issue.

I knew this from months ago, Gould desperately wants him at Penrith. Negotiations from November 1st don't mean anything any more lol, everyone just does whatever they want especially when there is $$$ involved.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Nrl rumour mill is reporting two Sydney clubs chasing very hard for Reynolds. He seems to think we will struggle to keep him. I've always thought Reynolds seems like the type of bloke who would stay here for less money. Providing we're in the ball park obviously
considering we're close to a premiership, i doubt he'll leave. but next contract who knows?

Harby

Trance Family
Reaction score
NRL Rumours posted this morning that Parra and another club would go hard for Reynolds

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
Gotta keep Joshey , would be shattered if we lost him , Hodko not so much

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reynolds will attract big offers. But I can't see him leaving. Local junior, he absolutely loves the club. Sure the dogs wouldn't let him leave. If he wants to keep improving he needs to stay under des or he'll just turn out average IMO.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Reynolds will be playing Origin next year if his good form continues. He ain't going anywhere.

I could see us letting go of Hodkinson and Keating if it meant he stays.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if Desmond has been shopping Hodko around, just get the feeling due to the fact that he has already let him go once

MrDogzOfWar

Dogz At War!
Reaction score
Josh Reynolds is still contracted till 2014..

Once he is off-Contract, a lot of teams will be trying to buy him. But I hope he stays, especially with Des Hasler!!

Status
Not open for further replies.