Bulldogs Player Movements, Re-Signings, and Rumour Mill: 2012 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Imagine if we nabbed Pearce, the Chooks get Sonny and we play them Round 1 2013 as defending premiers. That would be a massive spectacle. SBW returns against the Dogs, Pearce against the Chooks, and we are the team everybody wants to beat.
I like your thinking Book!!!

Naki

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I reckon NSW should give the coaching gig to dymock, hes assistant coach to des so he qualifies for the job.. Besides its only about 6 weeks worth of preparation... And he comes back to us :grinning:

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
I reckon NSW should give the coaching gig to dymock, hes assistant coach to des so he qualifies for the job.. Besides its only about 6 weeks worth of preparation... And he comes back to us :grinning:
Prediction. Larry Daly and Brad Fittler will be co-coaches for the next SOO series.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Prediction. Larry Daly and Brad Fittler will be co-coaches for the next SOO series.
Oh, Lord....

Daley: Use your legspeed. Have the opposition at sixes and sevens. Score more points than the opposition and you will win the game. The forwards need to go forward....

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Oh, Lord....

Daley: Use your legspeed. Have the opposition at sixes and sevens. Score more points than the opposition and you will win the game. The forwards need to go forward....
nowhere near enough P's in that sentence

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Joel Romelo possibly off to the Sharks. (per todays Telegraph)

bulldog butch

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I dont care if Romelo does leave. would prefer that we re signed jonothan wright....

richie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joel Romelo possibly off to the Sharks. (per todays Telegraph)
bit of a worry really if we cant find another 5/8 for next year

better hooker I believe
we do need more playmakers for 2013 though

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Here's the blunt assessment of things:
+ Stagg is not signed for next year.
+ Keating is not signed for next year.
+ Romelo is not signed for next year.
+ Pumipi is not signed for next year (I believe).
+ Hodkinson is looking injury prone.
+ Mbye and Graham are years off being ready.
+ Chad Isles will never see first grade, ditto Kose Leilei unlikely.
+ Cutler unsure how much longer he'll play (was going to retire start of this season).

So in short we probably NEED Romelo, unless we are going to sign up another half and have Romelo as backup for Ennis (in case of injury).

If none of the above sign on for 2013, we are in trouble if we get an injury in the halves.

Keating and Romelo can both cover the halves and hooker role, so perhaps the idea is playing Trent alongside Reynolds, with Keating re-signed as a backup hooker/halves player, and Romelo not being re-signed.

Still it's tempting fate because if we get a bad injury run, we are screwed.

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
Would rather Joel Romelo than KK tbh.
I have heard from 1 of Trents mates that the dragons are chasing him for next season.......and that Trent was a bit cut he couldnt get back into the 1st grade squad after his knee injury.....
hope he doesnt leave and at least sees out his contract

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I've heard Keating will be re-signed for two years.

rifraf

New Pup
Reaction score
with our team this year we dont really need a halfback, i was thinking that we just need Trent H back for structure
get rid of Ranga hes no good at all even under dessie, if it was any other time you guys would call for him to be sacked.
its due to the forwards playing like halfbacks (kas,prithcard and graham) he has done nothing to say he can lead a team around.
Get Pearce Greenburg that will complete our team if Trent H is out through injury or out of favour

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
with our team this year we dont really need a halfback, i was thinking that we just need Trent H back for structure
get rid of Ranga hes no good at all even under dessie, if it was any other time you guys would call for him to be sacked.
its due to the forwards playing like halfbacks (kas,prithcard and graham) he has done nothing to say he can lead a team around.
Get Pearce Greenburg that will complete our team if Trent H is out through injury or out of favour
Keating has done as much as Hodkinson and has a far superior kicking game. My 85 year old mother-in-law can kick a football further than Hodkinson and she's got 2 phucked hips

rifraf

New Pup
Reaction score
you only need to look at our game against manly last year when he got injured he played excellent, dont forget up to his injury this year the whole team was still a little iffy on there roles....
give him time under des like prior to him joining the Dogs he will excel, with keating this is it what you see is what you get
there is no way in the world he will stand and be counted for when times get tough, he cant be the player we need long haul
even though he is playing out of his skin at moment but take kas out or forwards get bashed like against manly he will struggle hard.
Reynolds is all heart so you need a half to compliment him so if does have a off game or starts going nuts you have someone who is able to settle to team down and change the tempo, cause reynolds is just doing 150km/s in a 60 zone all day

DOG2Q4

Waterboy
Reaction score
I have been hearing stagg is off to manly/penrith/st george? Any of these true?

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone knows anything about Mitch Brown. He done his knee in lik rd 4 and is out for the year. I think he signed a 1 year contract, any word if he'll be re-signed?

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
78 posts relating to the Romelo / Keating chat have been moved to a new thread.

Your Welcome
:becky:

Status
Not open for further replies.