Bulldogs Player Movements, Re-Signings, and Rumour Mill: 2012 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belmorian

Waterboy
Reaction score
The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have signed Canberra Raiders utility back Drury Low for the remainder of the 2012 National Rugby League season.
Low joins the Bulldogs this coming week after being granted an immediate release by his former Club.
Bulldogs Recruitment Manager Noel Cleal says the 22 year-old will be an asset.
“Drury will join the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs for the remainder of this year,” Cleal said. “Drury will help cover the outside backs where our stocks have been depleted through injury.”
Low joins the Bulldogs after debuting with the Raiders in 2010 after a successful junior career at the club. The former Cook Island representative and Waverley-Oakleigh Panthers junior made his First Grade debut against the NZ Warriors in round 8 of the 2010 season where he scored three tries in two NRL games.
Low will commence training with the Club on Monday.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Date of Birth : April 2, 1990
Height : 184 cm
Weight : 88 kg
Position : Wing/Centre
Rep. Honours : Cook Islands (2011)
Junior Clubs : Waverley-Oakleigh Panthers
Previous Clubs : Canberra Raiders (2007-10)
FG Debut : Canberra v Warriors, Mt Smart Stadium, 1/5/10 (Rd 8)

Source: http://www.bulldogs.com.au/news-disp...2-Season/58253

B

bulldogs_fan_69

Mitchell Pearce is terrible. I would have to get the bucket ready before every dogs game if he joined :(

captain dropbut

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
so looks like turner is staying so backline next year shapesas

1 barba
2 turner
3 morris
4 inu
5 perrett

captain dropbut

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
so looks like turner is staying so backline next year shapesas

1 barba
2 turner
3 morris
4 inu
5 perrett

P

Paint.

Well Turner and Perrett are both right side wingers, so one of them would have to adjust to the left... if not Id prefer Perrett over Turner.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Wright Goodwin Turner Macdougal all gone next year. Brown and lane will be re signed. I was speaking to one of their brothers last night. Apparently Des has sat them all down to tell them. Only possible person to stay is turner.

Apparently Jennings is still being courted

captain dropbut

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
if both right winger maybe push perrett into right centre inside turner with inu outside morris

Stringer

CAR RAMROD
Reaction score
Wouldn't mind getting a decent halfback, big Sam needs a break from being the most creative ball player out there.

Go Dogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wright Goodwin Turner Macdougal all gone next year. Brown and lane will be re signed. I was speaking to one of their brothers last night. Apparently Des has sat them all down to tell them. Only possible person to stay is turner.

Apparently Jennings is still being courted
I don't believe this post for some reason. Jennings would be a bad fit for the club anyway.

Also I just can't believe that lane would be resigned over mad pup. Lane is the most average player to play first grade for the dogs ever. Des is a smart guy and even blind Freddy could see Lane offers nothing. Mad pup is 100 times better and probably wouldn't cost too much more

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
I don't believe this post for some reason. Jennings would be a bad fit for the club anyway.

Also I just can't believe that lane would be resigned over mad pup. Lane is the most average player to play first grade for the dogs ever. Des is a smart guy and even blind Freddy could see Lane offers nothing. Mad pup is 100 times better and probably wouldn't cost too much more
Mate I agree and I wouldn't belive it myself if I didn't hear it myself. Des apparently has told him he is in his future plans because he sees him as a utility. I asked if he was pissed off that the dogs have signed perret Inu etc and that's what he said

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be a real shame if Lafai becomes our second string centre, he's shown some real promise with limited opportunities in FG and would hate to see him have to go to another team to get a shot.

I think Inu will make a great centre but hopefully not at the cost of losing a promising young junior.

Too much talent at the moment, fantastic but frustrating position to be in!

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
2. Perrett
3. Morris
4. Lafai
5. Inu

Would prefer that if we lose the rest.

col of birchmen

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be a real shame if Lafai becomes our second string centre, he's shown some real promise with limited opportunities in FG and would hate to see him have to go to another team to get a shot.

I think Inu will make a great centre but hopefully not at the cost of losing a promising young junior.

2. Perrett
3. Morris
4. Lafai
5. Inu

Atleast thats what im hoping, i can see Turner, Goodwin and Wright moving on to other clubs (unfortunately) as Macdougall and Low would be cheaper to keep.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
with all the people saying that they are in the know with who is being resigned and who is being released, id be very concerned about just how many leaks are at the club, there is no way the club, and hassler would be letting any infomation out about anything..

its all spectulation and big egos wanting to feel important

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Don't want to see Lafai go either BUT! we need to remember that he too needs someone snapping at his heels trying to get into FG, we will soon see how good he really is and in saying that I believe he will be very good however, he needs to have someone breathing down his neck to keep him on his toes IMO!!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
We also need to remember ... 2 seasons, 2 shoulder injuries to Lafai.

Every team needs backups and if Lafai's shoulder continues to hamper his progress in first grade, we need players that can step up and cover im.

If Mad Pup is not being re-signed it'll be because of his age if anything (despite playing really well this year to date). Brown came cheap and shows promise. He didn't get a long run in NSW Cup, but remember we have lost Michael Lett as well.

No idea where Wright fits in all this with Low, and Lafai signed up, and Turner supposidely to re-sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.