Bulldogs Player Movements, Re-Signings, and Rumour Mill: 2012 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alphamale

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Great post and 100% how I think it will go down.
Cheers mate.

Keating will be an interesting one, he's lifted his game this year for sure but is still probably on more money than we'd like. Handy guy to have for depth but not worth over 200k if des wants Trent playing 7.

We will probably only keep one of Romelo and KK given they both act as depth hooker/halves, KK is more likely to be offered more elsewhere having played more first grade this year (reports warriors want him), but clubs like Canberra that need a hooker might chase Romelo. He's done himself a favour in terms of being kept by playing well in the halves in reserve grade, and I thought he looked decent when given a crack in the halves last year. Doesn't look like a 5/8 but has under appreciated ball skills.

C

chipandchase

Cheers mate.

Keating will be an interesting one, he's lifted his game this year for sure but is still probably on more money than we'd like. Handy guy to have for depth but not worth over 200k if des wants Trent playing 7.

We will probably only keep one of Romelo and KK given they both act as depth hooker/halves, KK is more likely to be offered more elsewhere having played more first grade this year (reports warriors want him), but clubs like Canberra that need a hooker might chase Romelo. He's done himself a favour in terms of being kept by playing well in the halves in reserve grade, and I thought he looked decent when given a crack in the halves last year. Doesn't look like a 5/8 but has under appreciated ball skills.
it is going to be interesting with our halves and if KK is resigned
KK is off contract and hodkinson has 1 year remaining (2013)
we will get a guide on both players long term future at the club if KK is signed for next year
The thing in both their favors is there aren't any halves on the market worth buying and we have halves in the juniors putting any pressure on

_BT_

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
seriously if we are gonna win a premiership in the next couple years id dump keating and ennis move josh 2 hooker bring in finch at 5/8 an trent at halfback
FMD, comedy gold.

P

Paint.

Yes lets dump the whole team while we are at it finch is a nsw cup player at best did nothing when he was playing in aus i dont care what he does in the super league josh is playing good at 5/8 and ennis is improving remember he had no offseason training at all sick of every player being linked to out club esp dud players like finch
Except 2 premierships, 3 GFs and 3 NSW caps...

For those of you playing at home, that's 2 premierships, 2 GFs and 3 NSW caps more than Keating, and 3 premierships, 3 GFs and 3 NSW caps more than Hodko and Reynolds combined.

Stringer

CAR RAMROD
Reaction score
it is going to be interesting with our halves and if KK is resigned
KK is off contract and hodkinson has 1 year remaining (2013)
we will get a guide on both players long term future at the club if KK is signed for next year
The thing in both their favors is there aren't any halves on the market worth buying and we have halves in the juniors putting any pressure on
KK will not be re-signed, Listen to the sportal pod cast, des and zorba are very close. They were talking about if we had money left in our cap, zorba said they will be letting go of a few players, when asked who? He said players with red hair.

C

chipandchase

From what I've seen, Mbye is defs not ready. He is a talent sure, but he still needs time. He is one of those players like Reynolds, I think Mbye will spend a few years in the NSW Cup, than he should be ready.

A very promising talent though chipandchase.
yeh i agree he is a talent

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
The type of injury Zap had was quite rare. The ligament that he had reconstructed was his patello-femoral ligament. It basically holds his knee cap in place. His recovery should be quicker and the fact that it wasn't an ACL means its not going to be affecting the stability of the knee and shouldn't really lose any pace. Definitely got a good 4 years left in him.
You can actually get by without that ligament if you build your quads enough. My did his a while ago and never got the op. in fact I think a lot of linemen in the nfl have theirs removed before they start playing pro to prevent injuries

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
multiple people that i talk to all giving me the same info, not sure it will happen though they are interested. althoiugh as i said, you have already proven your info is wrong. then disappeared, now start another one with something as useful as i can confirm the dogs are going to sign someone to play football next year. so will every other team in the comp, you heard it here first.
mate seriously how old are you???

Where is your so called MAIL from?? You sound about 12 and i remember several months ago you PM'd me asking me if I knew any rumours saying you had no mail on anything yet now several months later your saying you've got mail on xyz???

Seriously.....

I have heard recently from Eastwood himself few weeks before williams signed that he was coming and had even come to belmore to a training session and a medical

hasler is apparently a hard ass doesnt take crap eastwood said

jennings is 90% done he reckons due to him and gould knocking heads bulldogs are negotiating he said

reckons lafai is 3 weeks possibly more pritchard is ok so far

he said he should be back this week or next

he reckons stagg is gorrrn to newy halatau should stay though

also if anyone SOURCE is one of the trainers the guy who manages the dogs training gear who i know well he is known to play games and talk **** to put people off

also heard foster off to penriff and stagg is trying to be retained but newy and appparently penriff are interested

we are in the market for a halves player though for depth
few people have said spots are up for grabs in the backline
eastwood tolman going nowhere saw some of the boys last night and asked em at the save our sons event

Junior Sau is a great player, I rate him very highly.

i agree and have said many times he would be a great pick up i eventually see him in the back row very much in the trex mould

playon

Kennel Established
Reaction score

the_gamee

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Where is your so called MAIL from?? You sound about 12 and i remember several months ago you PM'd me asking me if I knew any rumours saying you had no mail on anything yet now several months later your saying you've got mail on xyz???

Seriously.....

I have heard recently from Eastwood himself few weeks before williams signed that he was coming and had even come to belmore to a training session and a medical

jennings is 90% done he reckons due to him and gould knocking heads bulldogs are negotiating he said

also if anyone SOURCE is one of the trainers the guy who manages the dogs training gear who i know well he is known to play games and talk **** to put people off

also heard foster off to penriff and stagg is trying to be retained but newy and appparently penriff are interested

eastwood tolman going nowhere saw some of the boys last night and asked em at the save our sons event

i agree and have said many times he would be a great pick up i eventually see him in the back row very much in the trex mould
F*CKING FINALLY Someone with proper news and names his ****ing source. Cheers

jmaamary

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can actually get by without that ligament if you build your quads enough. My did his a while ago and never got the op. in fact I think a lot of linemen in the nfl have theirs removed before they start playing pro to prevent injuries
It function is the keep the patella tracking over the tibia and preventing it from popping out. If its not aligned properly it could cause irritation but it could be rehabbed without surgery i think. Interesting about the lineman, never heard of that one. Would be interesting to read up on it.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score

Seriously.....

mate you've already proven your source is wrong, you've blabbed off and been wrong, now you just dribble **** thats in every paper. stagg to newy in paper, tony williams signed, in paper, tolman and eastwood going no where, todd put on twitter, pritchard fine, again on twitter, lafai 3-4 weeks was rumoured also same was season take ur pick. u did. jennings has been long rumoured.

well done. you've got red hot info.

i am not trying to bag u mate, just deadset if u have nothing dont pretend u do, your "mail" last time was wrong. give it up.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's a public holiday and poring cats and dogs. Mail man not coming around today.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score

Seriously.....

He doesn't happen to work at a school in Tempe does he? Initials GC?

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
I have to say this thread is starting to become full of such anal retentive *******s it's not funny. FFS it's a signings and Rumour thread. All these people who are becoming aggressive and demanding a source and bagging people who at least try and contribute should just **** off. Take it for what it is and stop taking yourselves so seriously

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have to say this thread is starting to become full of such anal retentive *******s it's not funny. FFS it's a signings and Rumour thread. All these people who are becoming aggressive and demanding a source and bagging people who at least try and contribute should just **** off. Take it for what it is and stop taking yourselves so seriously

Exactly.

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
mate you've already proven your source is wrong, you've blabbed off and been wrong, now you just dribble **** thats in every paper. stagg to newy in paper, tony williams signed, in paper, tolman and eastwood going no where, todd put on twitter, pritchard fine, again on twitter, lafai 3-4 weeks was rumoured also same was season take ur pick. u did. jennings has been long rumoured.

well done. you've got red hot info.

i am not trying to bag u mate, just deadset if u have nothing dont pretend u do, your "mail" last time was wrong. give it up.
if u want next time i see the lads ill take a photo and pm it for you im friends with a club sponsor and a player sponsor and see the boys

mail and rumours can be wrong from time to time due to people changing their minds but tell me where have i been wrong again?

Do you REALLY want me to embarass you and post the pms you sent me BEGGING for info?

My "mail" isnt mail its from Greg Eastwood and Franky P when i saw them recently I dont know them personally but i see them ocassionally as they hang out with a mate of mine whos a sponsor IM NOT going to name my mate

also came from the save our sons poker charity when i spoke to players directly

if you dont like it dont read it but im only repeating what ACTUAL PLAYERS told me

Status
Not open for further replies.