Bulldogs Player Movements, Re-Signings, and Rumour Mill: 2012 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Found this on Bulldogs debate page!!! Don't know how reliable it is.

Name: DWO
Date: Thursday, 31st May 2012, 06:52:35 PM

Was just mentioned on sports today on 2ue that Trex has done a back flip and is likely to stay at Manly for less money.

Something's not right as we cannot nail a top line player
could be true....seems to have dragged on abit too long and you would have thought we would have announced it at the same time as Kas....since we were apparently going to announce Trex's signing either yesterday or today

Its got to the point now where i couldn't really give a stuff either way

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
The other thing to consider guys is that Manly play tomorrow. Even if he is leaving it would be pretty ****ty of him to drop it on his team mates a few hours before they play and I think Des and TG would respect that. If he is coming we will hear about it on Monday I'd say.

Can somebody please explain to me where the Corey Parker rumour is coming from? Seems ridonkulous

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The other thing to consider guys is that Manly play tomorrow. Even if he is leaving it would be pretty ****ty of him to drop it on his team mates a few hours before they play and I think Des and TG would respect that. If he is coming we will hear about it on Monday I'd say.

Can somebody please explain to me where the Corey Parker rumour is coming from? Seems ridonkulous
By Sunday they are saying.

That makes sense.

Manly plays Friday, Dogs play Saturday.

col of birchmen

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't listen to the neigh sayers your imput to our forum is very much welcomed. Cheers mate :grinning:
Yeh i particularly love the name "fivespoons", perhaps you all missed his Thread "Got Him" claiming we signed both Sika Manu and David Taylor dont be so gullible.

F

fivespoons

I also suggested if i was to blog on the Manly forum I would claim the mantra nocoach (it's called friendly banter. you should tey it sometime).

:-)Yeh i particularly love the name "fivespoons", perhaps you all missed his Thread "Got Him" claiming we signed both Sika Manu and David Taylor dont be so gullible.

May I say.....Loved the way Todd Greenberg announced the Kasiano signing even prepping everyone about the fact they would be smiling. Including first the people that matter most...the fans. Much better than the usual sterile announcements handed out to the media by other clubs when a new signing is announced.

RO11LR

Pup
Reaction score
Something's not right as we cannot nail a top line player
I think his bond at manly with the players there being such a tight unit he's finding it hard to leave them plus apparently the manly players have been in his ear telling him to stay, that's the issue with T-Rex IMO.

Woods

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i reckon manly will announce his signiture tomorrow to boost there morale for there game.

F

fivespoons

Manly's Tony 'T-Rex' Williams is weighing up his options. Picture: Tim Hunter Source: The Sunday Telegraph

IN-DEMAND forward Tony Williams is torn between his Manly teammates, the wishes of his family and the lure of former coach Des Hasler.

On Sunday, big T-Rex had agreed to join Canterbury on a deal worth $200,000 more over three seasons that what the Sea Eagles were offering.
By Monday he had changed his mind.
It is understood members of Williams' family want him to join former mentor Hasler - the man credited with transforming him from reserve-grade footballer to NSW Origin star - at the Bulldogs, but he is reluctant to leave his Manly teammates.
There were suggestions he would announce his move to Canterbury on Wednesday, but again nothing.
His manager, Isaac Moses, wants the rampaging back-rower to make a decision by the end of the weekend.
"It's a very difficult decision - there's never been a tighter bunch of blokes than the Manly players," Moses said. "That's why it is such a big call because Tony is close to all of them."

Manly still have hooker Matt Ballin and forward Darcy Lussick unsigned for next season, with the latter believed to be joining Parramatta.
If Williams stays, Ballin may be squeezed out. If Williams leaves, Manly will have more room in their salary cap to retain the Queensland hooker.
Those close to Williams are still unsure which way he will go. Much will depend on how much his family influences him.
Williams has a strong friendship with a number of Manly players, most notably the Stewart brothers, Brett and Glenn, since moving from western Sydney to his Dee Why home.
Manly officials were already disappointed at losing utility player Dean Whare to Penrith this week.
The deal was struck last week but kept secret until after the two side played at Centrebet Stadium last Sunday.
Williams is out with a shoulder injury and will miss the Sea Eagles' big match against St George Illawarra at Brookvale Oval tonight.
Follow @Telegraph_Sport

As I said yesterday! Anyone claiming to know what T Rex is going to do is full of Sh1t........

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we have already made offers to both trex and jennings, and the offer to kas was done over a week ago also.
what it means as u said, a few guys like stagg and halatua will get the tap on the shoulder
I hope the Halatau rumour is false he has been great this year and deserves his spot. With Taylor leaving Souths wouldn't that put them in with a very good chance at signing him cap wise?

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm hearing stagg will be leaving dogs to broncos. home sick
heard today that this is very likely as they are looking for a ball playing forward heard its already done

i wouldnt mind

1.barba
2.turner
3.morris
4.lafai/wright
5.inu
6.reynolds
7.hodko
8.tolman
9.ennis
10.kas
11.pritchard
12.williams/lussick
13.halatau

14.graham
15.payne
16.eastwood
17.keating

heard today lussick is still a chance with coming over to us and des rates him

anyone saying ballin is a good no.9 is ****ed

qld only have to pick from

smith
aaron payne cant play 80 much anymore and isnt as good as he was
friend too old now and slow defensive hooker

thats pretty much it ballin is good but not better than ennis for mine its

smith
luke
ennis/farrah
ballin

theres no way in the world ennis is leaving IMO id put money on him staying

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm hearing a rumour that we've been granted permission to field 2 NRL sides next year. This might explain why we're linked to 198 players both contracted and off contract. I'll keep you all posted if i hear more.

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I'm hearing a rumour that we've been granted permission to field 2 NRL sides next year. This might explain why we're linked to 198 players both contracted and off contract. I'll keep you all posted if i hear more.
Is it 2 seperate sides? Or can we have 1 team on 1st half and the other team 2nd half? That would be good......

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm hearing it's 2 separate sides but with the number of players we are allegedly bringing in it will be possible to swap the 17 at halftime for both sides anyway.

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Sweet!

On a serious note, the Late Mail segment on the Game Plan last night said the only way Jennings will leave Penrith is if he walks out forfeiting his contract

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If he had to give up his 700k for next season to walk out i'd understand that. I don't think anyone barring the top 5 halves should warrant that amount of coin under the current cap.

TrickmA

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If he had to give up his 700k for next season to walk out i'd understand that. I don't think anyone barring the top 5 halves should warrant that amount of coin under the current cap.
700k... whoever orchestrated that pay-cheque is a deadset muppet.

LSD

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
They said on NRL on Fox, Matthew Elliot and past administration of the club was to blame for the deal, 700K for a centre!! haha

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Sweet!

On a serious note, the Late Mail segment on the Game Plan last night said the only way Jennings will leave Penrith is if he walks out forfeiting his contract
I think Panthers are trying to pressure him to leave by keeping him in NSW Cup/making him unhappy at the club, and trying to get other clubs to sign him up.

They know they need to clear out some room in their cap, but also know nobody is dumb enough to pay $600-$700k a season for Jennings (except Parra or Souths).

This might be also why the rumour about Gould offering compensation came around (and then wanting the salary cap restriction for players).

C

chipandchase

I think Panthers are trying to pressure him to leave by keeping him in NSW Cup/making him unhappy at the club, and trying to get other clubs to sign him up.

They know they need to clear out some room in their cap, but also know nobody is dumb enough to pay $600-$700k a season for Jennings (except Parra or Souths).

This might be also why the rumour about Gould offering compensation came around (and then wanting the salary cap restriction for players).
gould is still offering around $250k a season to a club if they want to take Jennings

Status
Not open for further replies.