Bulldogs Player Movements, Re-Signings, and Rumour Mill: 2012 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAD DOG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh yea of little faith! Hasler and Cleal know exactly what they are doing. Look at the perported average players that Hasler bought to fill a spot while at Manly. Whare(who Cleal loves), Joe G(Who Rusty suggested should retire quietly to church life. Glen Hall. Shane Rodney. Mark Bryant. Michael Monaghan. Michael Robertson. Wolfman. George Rose. He even convinced Cows to swap Ben Farrar for Bani(who was exceptional cover for Stewart's many stints on the sideline through injury).

All of the above players would be considered to be in possession of average NATURAL talent. Yet they all shone under Hasler and Cleal. Bugger me Monaghan went from a poor Terry Lamb impersonator(good at backing up) to having Gus call for his selection in Origin, which was never going to happen but is besides the point. Then look at what they did with people who had some natural talent, DCE, Foran, T Rex, G Stewart, B Stewart, Matai, Watmough, etc. If as I stated earlier Des gets Inu and Manu(as well as another outside back) you will look like farking fools no later than mid next season.

He won't just get rid of a player for no reason. Yes he chased Foran hard and Reynolds has responded since in a BIG way. But who of you predicted Reynolds would be your 5/8 at the start of the year. Des did! And thankfully after watching Keating's last 2 games, he wasn't listening to most of you who wanted him banished to the footy sewer for the rest of his career.
i predicted Reynolds as our 5/8/ half/ playmaker positions in 2011.
I predicted that he is our future and a future rep player... So far so good, but i hope the media dont exploit him and wreck his career... Hodgkinson has nothing on him.

C

chipandchase

I predicted that he is our future and a future rep player... So far so good, but i hope the media dont exploit him and wreck his career... Hodgkinson has nothing on him.
That's because you know what are talking a about
Agree with everything you said maddog

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hodgkinson might not, but HODKINSON does!!!

Alphamale

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This. Happy to have him, if only for the **** he'd cop at training for the first few weeks.

MAD DOG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hodgkinson might not, but HODKINSON does!!![/QUOTE
You got to be kidding... the turtles have nothing on him... he's done a lot more than the 2 of them put together!!!

You wouldnt want to go to dinner with Hodkinson, as by the time you are eating dessert, he will be still having his entree.....

Imagine Hodkinson in a brothel... Pays for 1/2 hour and it takes him 24 minutes to take his clothes off let alone shower!!!

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You got to be kidding... the turtles have nothing on him... he's done a lot more than the 2 of them put together!!!

You wouldnt want to go to dinner with Hodkinson, as by the time you are eating dessert, he will be still having his entree.....

Imagine Hodkinson in a brothel... Pays for 1/2 hour and it takes him 24 minutes to take his clothes off let alone shower!!!
Thats called a smart thinker and getting your monies worth......
He only lasts 5mins in bed, so, what would he do for the other 25? :grinning:

C

chipandchase

Lmao one of your best

SoulCrusher

Banned
Reaction score
Utai couldn't hold a ball, and this guy who used to be a coach called Moore decided in a brain snap to play him in Second Row. Destroyed what confidence he had, which lead to him being released.

Utai still has handling issues and is suspect under the high ball.

The game has progressed somewhat these days from smaller wingers to bigger bulky blokes who can outjump others. Bulldogs have the smallest backline in the comp.
I think you can avoid exposing that part of Utai's game by having the centre drob back on the last. Have no idea why Sheens does'nt do that, if he did he could play Ayshford/Utai and have not to give Joel Reddy a jersey every week.

too69u

Kennel Established
Reaction score
i hear GREG EASTWOOD will be leaving the dogs at the end of this season and he will be replaced by TONY WILLIAMS......

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
id let stagg go and keep eastwood/halatau and try get Williams. If we can't, then promote finucane.

paxmaxi

Waterboy
Reaction score
If we don't sign a proven 5/8, surely our best targets would be T Rex and M Gordon ( right centre). Also Inu would be snapped up cheap, plays wing. exciting buy if true IMO.

Go Dogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ropati is 10 times the centre that Inu is.
If you say so.. I wouldnt sign either. Inu has showed more promise then Ropati ever has though. Ropati is a ****ing complete unco, with no football brains whatsoever and he is just **** (yes he is fast, but whoopdidoo so was that midget winger we signed from penrith, I forget his name?). If you rate him good on you, but I think he is crap. I wouldnt sign Inu either.

I would sign Gagai, at this stage he is more mouldable then Inu and at least he doesnt ****ing suck like Ropati does.

Status
Not open for further replies.