Bulldogs Player Movements, Re-Signings, and Rumour Mill: 2012 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry guys, the NRL Rumour Mill just tweeted that there's strong rumours that T-Rex agreed to terms with the Bulldogs, and since this came from the NRL Rumour Mill then the complete opposite is most likly true.

I like T-Rex and think he would be devestating but we don't want two wrecking balls and only one defensive 2nd rower on the field at the same time.. or maybe we do. Bugger defence, let's just rack up a Toyota Cup score.
Pritchard may not produce the kind of numbers Stagg does but I still think he's far from being a defensive liabillity, decent technique and as solid as they come. Same goes for T Rex as well, don't think he's the kind of guy opposition back lines will be targeting, quick and extremely strong guy whose massive, good luck exploiting that...

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Assuming this information is true/correct, my backrow for 2013 would be:

11- Pritchard
12- Williams
13- Halatau
I love the look of that! I think halatau should be resigned. I like staggy but these days, u need more from a lock then just tackling. Halatau runs some good lines and can ball play. With a Eastwood and Payne rotating 2nd row and tolman, kasiano, graham and tapau up front, our pack would be very difficult to get on top of.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Would rather we save our cash and give Tapau the oppurtunity he deserves. He has the potential to be even better then T-rex.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Would rather we save our cash and give Tapau the oppurtunity he deserves. He has the potential to be even better then T-rex.
I don't like the idea of having two hookers in the team. I'd give Tapau a bench spot.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Real simple guys, if somehow we re-sign taupau, kasiano and sign tony williams. i know halatau and stagg have been good for us however neither of these two are chickens, neither of these two are close to the ability of tony williams. its likely they will either be offered decnet pay cuts or told to leave, and i highly doubt at the end of their careers they are going to accept a pay cut so they will head to uk.

our pack in my opinion.

8. Tolman
9. Ennis (C)
10. Kasiano
11. Pritchard
12. Williams
13. Finucane/Payne/ Jackson(whoever deserves it)

14. Eastwood
15. Graham
16. Taupau/Gavet
17. Romeleo

Would leave us with Tolman, Graham, Kasiano for out and out props. One is impact in kasiano and the other two will make 20 hitups, and 40 tackles without questions and tight the ruck up alot.

Pritchard and Willams woudl be HUGE two big monsters to go with kasiano for impact and not just in attack both put on some monster shots. With Graham and Tolman around we don't need them to make 40 tackles.

Finucane is my option for 13, he is our product, our kid, and is going to be a star in my opinion. He will make us 30-40 tackles like stagg or halatau and has years to come and will do the job and be a good option in attack too.

Leavees us Eastwood, Taupau, Gavet who can play prop or 2nd row, can give pritchard and trex a spell and really add impact.

It would leave us with Graham, Tolman, Finucane who could all make 30-40 tackles, 15-20 hitups easy a game.

Kasiano, Pritchard, Williams to start as big impact players in both attack and d. With Taupau, Eastwood, Gavet off the bench or Romeleo either way all add plenty of spark.

The other positive is HOW YOUNG THIS PACK WOULD BE.

AWESOME ****ING PACK IF TRUE.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sure id love to have Williams, but we dont need him. Tapau can offer exactly the same imo.

I don't like the idea of having two hookers in the team. I'd give Tapau a bench spot.
True, but id still like to have some sort of utility on the bench. We dont need 4 forwards on the bench imo especially when both Tolman and Graham are capable of big minutes.

C

chipandchase

Sure id love to have Williams, but we dont need him. Tapau can offer exactly the same imo.

True, but id still like to have some sort of utility on the bench. We dont need 4 forwards on the bench imo especially when both Tolman and Graham are capable of big minutes.
I'm a massive fan but tapau is nowhere near Williams at the moment
He has the potential to be tho yes
I also think Romelo is a waste if he is in front of tapau IMO
Our forwards were outplayed by Newcastle and a player like tapau could have added some thrust from the bench

Williams if true and foran would give us a premiership shot next year

richie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
assuming this is true
you can have the best forward pack in the world but
we still lack a decent player maker to steer and direct the team around.
and we need another decent winger

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
True, wasn't he playing in the centres before he got moved to 2nd row?
Yeah he was in the centres and wing when he first started with parra.

He played and centre and wing as well for manly in his first year then des moved him into the back row

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Hmmmmmm, good replacement for Wright ;)

But I guess Dessie prefers him in the back row

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would love to get t-rex he is devastating and undisputed quality. the same applies to foran. however i firmly beleive that we neeed to give obviously talented guys like tapua a go. T-rex is now a gun but when he started in first grade he was average. he was allowed to develop.
kasiano was given a go and is developing into a brilliant prop. tapau, jackson, finucane, foster need to be afforded some oportunity. marty taupua could be the equal of t-rex but we may never know.
just look at what reynolds is acheiving now, given the opportunity.
tapua should be on the bench and romelo in nsw cup IMO.

C

chipandchase

We were no where near Cronk
Of course we weren't but there was still that rumour posted by one of the mods saying he had mail that we were getting cronk
All I'm saying is that I'll wait until it is confirmed
The paper today says Williams and foran are staying with manly so who knows what is going on

TrickmA

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I would love to get t-rex he is devastating and undisputed quality. the same applies to foran. however i firmly beleive that we neeed to give obviously talented guys like tapua a go. T-rex is now a gun but when he started in first grade he was average. he was allowed to develop.
kasiano was given a go and is developing into a brilliant prop. tapau, jackson, finucane, foster need to be afforded some oportunity. marty taupua could be the equal of t-rex but we may never know.
just look at what reynolds is acheiving now, given the opportunity.
tapua should be on the bench and romelo in nsw cup IMO.
Mate, Romelo in NSW cup would be a possibility if our Hooker wasn't in such poor form. I'd rather see him start in #9 than moved to NSW cup.

If we did sign Williams, I'd prefer to see Finucane in #13. Dropping Halatau would be sad as he has been performing, but he's getting too old.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Foran not coming! Staying at manlybtill end 2015
Reynolds is our future!

Status
Not open for further replies.