Bulldogs Player Movements, Re-Signings, and Rumour Mill: 2012 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Carney would've been a great signing tbh...He's one of the main reasons why the Sharks are going well and to top it off he's young AND better than Foran IMO...It's too bad that our club refused to gamble on him

WestBeast

Peyow Peyow
Reaction score
Carney would've been a great signing tbh...He's one of the main reasons why the Sharks are going well and to top it off he's young AND better than Foran IMO...It's too bad that our club refused to gamble on him
Another douche bag comment by yourself , let's clean up the clubs image and recruit a complete and utter kook , Reynolds is doing a fantastic job , can't wait for your next retarded negative comment , go give Todd a call I'm sure he'd love to hear all you're criticisms , you knob IMO!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not sure we really need Foran if Hasler is moulding Reynolds game on Foran.

We don't need two halves playing the exact same sort of game, they need to compliment each other.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Is thankful every day that our board was not stupid enough to sign Carney. He would have been a PR nightmare for the club and he hasn't even played the season out yet. He may well turn the corner and become a great player but he simply was never worth the gamble.

Reynolds is doing great and while I wish Carney luck, until he plays out a few seasons at one club without causing them dramas. Onfield success is important but can be attained without taking such a gamble...so taking one would have been dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb...why don't you start supporting the players we have rather than pining for ``superstars" whose influence on our club would be questionable?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
....until he plays out a few seasons at one club without causing them dramas, he represents a stupid risk that only a club whop struggles to attract top line talent ire Cronulla would consider.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Another douche bag comment by yourself , let's clean up the clubs image and recruit a complete and utter kook , Reynolds is doing a fantastic job , can't wait for your next retarded negative comment , go give Todd a call I'm sure he'd love to hear all you're criticisms , you knob IMO!
LOL you're like that little pest that follows someone around because you don't get enough attention.

Premierships > Club Image.

And what on earth is a kook? Man learn some proper english mate

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Is thankful every day that our board was not stupid enough to sign Carney. He would have been a PR nightmare for the club and he hasn't even played the season out yet. He may well turn the corner and become a great player but he simply was never worth the gamble.

Reynolds is doing great and while I wish Carney luck, until he plays out a few seasons at one club without causing them dramas. Onfield success is important but can be attained without taking such a gamble...so taking one would have been dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb...why don't you start supporting the players we have rather than pining for ``superstars" whose influence on our club would be questionable?
Oh no doubt Reynolds is doing great for us, but Carney is a class above him, and you can't honestly expect a club like the Roosters to actually be capable of keeping a player in check, that club has a very very bad attitude. Myles has been a lot better since going off to the Coast.

Still, for the price we could've had Carney for (He wouldn't have been too expensive), he would've been a great option.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Oh no doubt Reynolds is doing great for us, but Carney is a class above him, and you can't honestly expect a club like the Roosters to actually be capable of keeping a player in check, that club has a very very bad attitude. Myles has been a lot better since going off to the Coast.

Still, for the price we could've had Carney for (He wouldn't have been too expensive), he would've been a great option.
Possibly you are right......but remember Canberra didn't have much luck keeping him in line either...not JUST a roosters problem. I wish him well...and no doubt Todd Carney with the right attitude/ mental approach would be a coup for any club. I just don't think he was worth the risk. A firing Carney results in a firing side, but a disruptive Carney can make a side fall apart pretty quickly.

Also, Reynolds is a junior and I think could be something pretty special for us. Des has made a name making the most out of players. I'm glad he seems keen to invest the time in Reynolds. I hope we don't get Foran for the same reason......you kook! haha jk....we all have our opinions....not saying mine is right...just that I think it's right ;)

cheers.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

PS rumour going around Carney will play international football again this year. I hear he is a hot tip to captain the Kook Islands team :P

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes Carney would have been a great signing except for that little thing called reality. Seriously mate do you live in a cave with no access to tv or newpapers? Maybe I'm wrong maybe you could name a club he played for that didn't get rid of him for being a nimrod. I suppose a couple of months without being a tool (that we've heard of) is proof he's a changed man.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Imagine if did sign Carney. Very solid team there, i understand why club didn't offer to go for him. Goodluck to carney and the sharks for this season

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
All this talk about Justin Carney, he's not even that great imo

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes Carney would have been a great signing except for that little thing called reality. Seriously mate do you live in a cave with no access to tv or newpapers? Maybe I'm wrong maybe you could name a club he played for that didn't get rid of him for being a nimrod. I suppose a couple of months without being a tool (that we've heard of) is proof he's a changed man.
He played for two clubs before the Sharks...Raiders and the Roosters, whilst he honestly f*cked up majorly at the Raiders, you can't seriously believe that the Roosters harbour a decent culture? I mean he wasn't the only caught up in some of the most embarrassing incidents.

We'll see how he goes at the Sharks, suffice to say if he does screw up again then egg in my face for actually wanting to sign him.

WestBeast

Peyow Peyow
Reaction score
PS rumour going around Carney will play international football again this year. I hear he is a hot tip to captain the Kook Islands team :P
Oh snap!!! You one funny mofo!! My sides are splitting with you're comedic genius!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Oh snap!!! You one funny mofo!! My sides are splitting with you're comedic genius!
Yes I am a comedic genius...thanks for affirming that...mother was right.

richie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
well and truely overs for foran

we should be targeting
Chad Townsend from cronulla since his is last in the pecking order and is off contract this year and goal kicks aswell
young good player and alot cheaper

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
a bloke being held out by jeff robson or the kiwi 5/8

richie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
his played half b4 is in nsw cup now and is quality only about 21yo i think good kicking and running game something we lack is a decent long kicking

Status
Not open for further replies.