Bulldogs Player Movements, Re-Signings, and Rumour Mill: 2012 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whilst great news, is he REALLY worth like $330,000 a season just yet?

With Haslers interest in Taupau, it suggests Stagg or Halatau will go at years end.
yes he is MR I

will be one of the best props in the game in the future...

Stagg and Halatau will make way for some of the juniors at the club i.e Taupau, Jackson, Finucane.

C

chipandchase

With Haslers interest in Taupau, it suggests Stagg or Halatau will go at years end.
quality front rowers are hard to come by and traditionally front rowers dont peak until mid to late 20's.
he is worth every cent as he is different to most of the front rowers going around as he can play before and after the line. alot of the front these days are just up and down type players in the Tolman mode. kasiano is a rare gem.
im hoping the young toyota cup prop can make the same transition as kasiano also, similiar type players

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score

I'd take the chance on giving him 330k now instead of paying him peanuts like DCE was getting and then having to deal with a pissed off player in a years time.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
he is definately worth $330k ,hes going to be one of the best props going around,a great platform to build a team.Jammer is on $400k,snowden about the same even tolman is on $270k

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
quality front rowers are hard to come by and traditionally front rowers dont peak until mid to late 20's.
he is worth every cent as he is different to most of the front rowers going around as he can play before and after the line. alot of the front these days are just up and down type players in the Tolman mode. kasiano is a rare gem.
im hoping the young toyota cup prop can make the same transition as kasiano also, similiar type players
yeh if klemmer continues his development and gavet is half as good as his hype we have some great kids if we lock them up in kasiano, gavet and klemmer for props. with tolman, graham aswell.

Barba's Barber

puppy power
Reaction score

Good work retaining big Kas. Wow he is on more than hodko of that's the case.
Just sayin

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

The reality is that if you don't pay that much for him now, then when he actually is worth that amount of money he'll already be playing for someone else

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The reality is that if you don't pay that much for him now, then when he actually is worth that amount of money he'll already be playing for someone else
Couldn't be anymore spot on. If we don't show him the money someone else will.

C

chipandchase

yeh if klemmer continues his development and gavet is half as good as his hype we have some great kids if we lock them up in kasiano, gavet and klemmer for props. with tolman, graham aswell.
i watched gavet last year and he is real good, i am hoping he can make the next step and he will definately push for a top17 birth.
our forwards are looking potentially sensational

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Lets hope it becomes official soon. re Kasiano

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

When I first saw it I thought the same thing. $330k is too much for kas now (his potential is worth it though). But the article said 3 years at about $1 mill. So I would imagine its significantly less. Probably $750-800. So $250-$270k per year which seems about right for Kas. Again I dont know what the contract is or what he is worth. But my idea is as good as the telegraphs. And it just seems they wanna round up the figure (3 years 1 mill sounds better then 3 years $7xxk)

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
I actually think $330 p.a. is a bargain for big Sam. If he continues to improve he could be one of our best ever. He is like a young Arther Beetson only bigger and fitter. Beetson had a read of the game that Sam doesn't yet have but if he is coached by the best (as is the case) he could be as good as Arty.

richie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I agree, seems like we are paying him on potential not his actual value now, I'd like too see him a bit more consistant and loose a bit more weight thats huge money for a rookie.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
guys you are forgetting that the cap will increase most likely to 5 million next year. 330k a year in a 5 million dollar cap is like 260-280k in the current salary cap. It's not really that overpriced. He's probably worth 250k a year in this current cap and probably late 200s in the proposed new cap. Not really a massive over value.

For what he can be for us, paying that extra 30-40k is worth it.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
guys you are forgetting that the cap will increase most likely to 5 million next year. 330k a year in a 5 million dollar cap is like 260-280k in the current salary cap. It's not really that overpriced. He's probably worth 250k a year in this current cap and probably late 200s in the proposed new cap. Not really a massive over value.

For what he can be for us, paying that extra 30-40k is worth it.
I think he is worth every bit of the $330k now at the current cap.

All players these days that are any good sign % based contracts.

The amount the cap is. Doesn't change anything when it comes to dollars available.

He would sign a deal for $330k which without a calculator is 7-8% of the cap. His wage would then rise to be 7-8% of whatever the cap is!

Naki

Kennel Established
Reaction score

why wouldn't he be worth it? he's been one of the best if not the best forward in our team this season... best of all... he's in his early 20s... 21 or 22 i think

Last edited by a moderator:

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
His in 2nd year of nrl, he is surely not worth 330k YET! That has to be more than barba. If this spells the end of halatau and stagg and using a portion for their wages for kasiano while we continue to promote our young guns and upgrade im up for it. I think were jumping the gun a bit too early in signing him, i want to see him midway through this season and re-evaulate his value.

Status
Not open for further replies.