Bulldogs Player Movements, Re-Signings, and Rumour Mill: 2012 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's honestly sad that we have become a buying club. Instead of nurturing youths ( like the broncos, dragons and warriors). We go out and buy the flavour of the month. We have a damaging backrower in the name of Pritchard, the ever reliable stagg, halatau and eastwood. Thats 3 FORMER NZ internationals!

We have taupau, finucane, jackson, foster and payne waiting in the fringes then upfront with graham, tolman, Big sam, browne and RAY MOUJALLI. Plus we have loads of talented under 20s who will move onto the nsw cup side next season. Our forward packs in the future looks VERY promising!

I'm not against buying players from other clubs but the formula hasn't been that successful for us.

richie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
beau Ryan is nothing better than we have atm, but we do need another quality winger
we need a 5/8 and I would be looking at the tiger jacob miller as I think foran is over rated probably because dale cherry is a more dominant player than him
trent and josh dont have a long kicking game so we need someone that does miller is the only other half/58 I can think that is off contract and will develope his game in years too come

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When people mention big powerful wingers, anyone thought of kalifa fai-fai loa?he looks to be on the outer with the coach (i dont think he is injured, correct me if im wrong) as he hasnt played 1st grade all year, with ashley graham, antonio winterstein ahead of him.

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
It's honestly sad that we have become a buying club. Instead of nurturing youths ( like the broncos, dragons and warriors). We go out and buy the flavour of the month. We have a damaging backrower in the name of Pritchard, the ever reliable stagg, halatau and eastwood. Thats 3 FORMER NZ internationals!

We have taupau, finucane, jackson, foster and payne waiting in the fringes then upfront with graham, tolman, Big sam, browne and RAY MOUJALLI. Plus we have loads of talented under 20s who will move onto the nsw cup side next season. Our forward packs in the future looks VERY promising!

I'm not against buying players from other clubs but the formula hasn't been that successful for us.
Who gives a sh!t if we buy players or breed them, if we breed them and turn them into superstars some other team will buy them so honestly I dont see the point.

Buy them or breed them as long as they win us games I dont give a rats..............

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

dw Des knows best. What worries me is that we can't develop quality centres and wingers. We definitely need another quality centre and winger.

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
For example, take 2004, how many players did we buy? Patten, Lolesi, Ryan, O'Meley, Anasta and Tonga are some from the top of my head.

But the real answer is it doesnt matter because we won the comp

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For example, take 2004, how many players did we buy? Patten, Lolesi, Ryan, O'Meley, Anasta and Tonga are some from the top of my head.

But the real answer is it doesnt matter because we won the comp
Anasta signed & played Flegg for us in what i think was 2000. I would hardly call that buying a player.

Patten signed from reserve grade at St Merge in 2001. (Not buying a comp)

Tonga likewise from Parra reserve grade in 2004. (Not buying a comp)

Lolesi was only ever a depth signing. Would never have been on much!

The only 2 on that list would be:

Unwanted by Parra. Ryan was signed in 2002 before the Cap dramas for 2003. O'meley didn't get paid by the Northern Eagles & needed a new club in 2002. So they hardly went out & bought them either.

richie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When people mention big powerful wingers, anyone thought of kalifa fai-fai loa?he looks to be on the outer with the coach (i dont think he is injured, correct me if im wrong) as he hasnt played 1st grade all year, with ashley graham, antonio winterstein ahead of him.
for the tenth time kalifa fai-fai loa has just re signed with them his staying put

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score

i love fia fia loa, however as old mate said he re-signed last year for 2 years, however thats when he was playing first grade, may seek a release? especially if its true cowboys are looking to land matty ballin

MAD DOG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Its 2012 buddy.. if you dont spend cash, you will be a cellar dwellar.

we do breed players and we also buy players.. we also lose players.. i expect the best players wearing blue n white.. im a fan and i expect my club to field the best possible team for success. Every team buys players, its business.

You say Brisbane dont buy as many players? do you actually realise they are a one city team? Warriors dont buy players? you realise they are a one country team?? - and they still buy players!!!

think about what nonsense you post... its 2012!! go the doggiesss!!

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lots of people have said that we are wasting money trying to buy foran and we should work with what we have got etc etc.
surely after yesterday we must see the need for a world class half and that a player like foran would be worth every cent.

you take out our half and look what happens to our attack. add a half of forans quality and the sky would be the limit.
i hope we sign foran.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
6. Foran
7. Hodkinson
9. Ennis

17. Reynolds

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
yeh, i've said all along we need a qualtiy half. yesturday shows that more.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
The Foran talk is just media beat up, he ain't coming.

what makes you say that? we clearly require a quality half, we have the money so it's stupid if we aren't having a crank, no way manly can match us.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
what makes you say that? we clearly require a quality half, we have the money so it's stupid if we aren't having a crank, no way manly can match us.
With B. Stewart going to the Roosters, Manly would have plenty to throw at Foran... besides all the mail I am getting says that he wants to stay there, and that was a major factor in DCE renewing his contract..

I think an announcement should be made soon.

However, We MIGHT be making some subtle enquiries for Cronk... Under the radar type of stuff.

Goz

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
talk is now Cronk off to titans and Storm throwing big money at Foran

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
With B. Stewart going to the Roosters, Manly would have plenty to throw at Foran... besides all the mail I am getting says that he wants to stay there, and that was a major factor in DCE renewing his contract..

I think an announcement should be made soon.

However, We MIGHT be making some subtle enquiries for Cronk... Under the radar type of stuff.
mate, stewart isn't contracted next year, he doesn't count to their cap, not to mention dce is now taking 500k+ a year, which is more then stewart was on.

dce was quoted today of saying they dont discuss the deals they are doing, and forans manager also said dces re-signing has NO effect at all on foran as this is a business decision (that is screaming he is seriously looking at leaving) he might want to stay but he also apperently wants 14% of their cap, no chance. also keep in mind how many of them are backloaded. if they keep foran now they have kept dce. they will not only be sure to lose stewart, they will lose matai, ballin, lussick, trex and another 1-2.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
talk is now Cronk off to titans and Storm throwing big money at Foran

storm have already stated that isn't true and they aren't interested in foran.

Status
Not open for further replies.