Bulldogs Player Movements, Re-Signings, and Rumour Mill: 2012 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Off contract:Dene HalatauSteve turnerBryson GoodwinJoel RomeloMartin TaupauSam KasianoMichael LettJono WrightLuke MacDougallJake FosterKris KeatingDavid StaggJosh JacksonDale FinucaneHarlan Alaalatoa
From that list;In my opinion we should resign 1 fullback/wing/centre from that list (Lett, MacDougall, Goodwin, Turner and Wright). Resign 1 prop (Kasiano)Resign 4 Second Rowers/Locks (Alaalatoa (think hes a second rower), Jackson, Stagg, Finucane, Foster, Taupau, Halatau)Resign 1 Playmaker (Romelo, Keating)This should depend on form and we should wait until we resign anyone until Week 10 at the earliest.We need to get rid of alot of our outside backs that are off contract and resign big, fast and safe backs who are off contract. If we resign Kasiano, we are doing okay for props. Alot of our second rowers/locks are off contract and hence need to sign them up. And we should resign one of Romelo or Keating, as long as its pretty cheap (especially Keating, should be offered alot less then what he is on now). In saying that, would be happy for both to go.From what I have seen so far (Trials, Last Year Form), I would resign Kasiano, Lett, Jackson, Finucane, Taupau, Halatau.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Off contract:
Dene Halatau
Steve turner
Bryson Goodwin
Joel Romelo
Martin Taupau
Sam Kasiano
Michael Lett
Jono Wright
Luke MacDougall
Jake Foster
Kris Keating
David Stagg
Josh Jackson
Dale Finucane
Harlan Alaalatoa
Hmm... wouldn't Des like to see how they go in the 2012 season before deciding who gets the contract and who gets the sandshoe?

Markb

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Martin Taupau Dale Finucane, Turner and Halatau

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
DEFINITELY RE-SIGN:
Martin Taupau
Sam Kasiano
Joel Romelo
Josh Jackson
Dale Finucane
Harlan Alaalatoa

DEFINITELY RELEASE:
Jake Foster
Kris Keating
Jono Wright

HIGHLY DEPENDS ON 2012 SEASON:
Dene Halatau
Steve Turner
Bryson Goodwin
Michael Lett
Luke MacDougall
David Stagg

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
DEFINITELY RE-SIGN:
Martin Taupau
Sam Kasiano
Joel Romelo
Josh Jackson
Dale Finucane
Harlan Alaalatoa

DEFINITELY RELEASE:
Jake Foster
Kris Keating
Jono Wright

HIGHLY DEPENDS ON 2012 SEASON:
Dene Halatau
Steve Turner
Bryson Goodwin
Michael Lett
Luke MacDougall
David Stagg
Did we resign Goodwin or does his contract run out at the end of this year, I cannot believe he is still hanging around like a spare **** at a Honeymoon!!

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Release-

Dene Halatau
Bryson Goodwin
Jonathon Wright
Luke MacDougall
Kris Keating
David Stagg
Joel Romelo
Jake Foster

Sign-

Martin Taupau
Sam Kasiano
Josh Jackson
Dale Finucane
Harlan Alaalatoa
Steve turner
Michael Lett

richie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
not sure were you got the list but

Josh Jackson and Dale Finucane are signed up beyond this year
and sam is close to re signing

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
greenberg*

although, godberg would suffice

:grinning:

T

toovs

Release-

Dene Halatau
Bryson Goodwin
Jonathon Wright
Luke MacDougall
Kris Keating
David Stagg
Joel Romelo
Jake Foster

Sign-

Martin Taupau
Sam Kasiano
Josh Jackson
Dale Finucane
Harlan Alaalatoa
Steve turner
Michael Lett
Agree all of the above but I'd keep foster

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
definately release jake foster?

hmmm. he's still so young and has suffered injury.

i think at least its worth seeing what he does this year before throwing the knives in

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What do people think about throwing some coin at Mick Gordon? Looks like he wants the fullback position at the panthers but with Coote infront of him doesnt look likely. What about if we throw at him Morris type of money would it be worth it? Then can stick him on the wing or centre, and he can change with Barba when he needs a breather. His goal kicking is up there with the best in the comp. He is getting on in age though so would possibly be his last good contract before his performances start to fade away.

Apart from a star 5/8 dont think we need to recruit any other positions apart from maybe a solid back. He can play fullback, centre and on the wing and was considered one of the fastest in the comp. This is not a rumor more a what if proposition but would be interesting to see if he is on the clubs radar. I guess we will never know but definitely a solid player.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
my cousin up in townsville works doing parks and gardens, often being out at dairy farmers told me hes heard thurston wants to come back to the dogs, believing next season the dogs will be the team to beat.
he was right months before hand telling me willie tonga wanted out before it was done, i posted this on here about tonga.

but thurston wanting to come to the dogs i think is a bit to far out there to be right

Status
Not open for further replies.