Bulldogs Player Movements, Re-Signings, and Rumour Mill: 2012 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
we dont need the stewart boys at all,better to spend the money elswhere on winger/centre and a half the rest of our squad is in good shape.This in my opinion is a real test of whos the boss if greenberg just gives des whatever he wants.I would say des would want a couple of their players to cut them a little,but wed be better with a lussick or one of the halves.

bulldawg

bulldog
Reaction score
we dont need the stewart boys at all,better to spend the money elswhere on winger/centre and a half the rest of our squad is in good shape.This in my opinion is a real test of whos the boss if greenberg just gives des whatever he wants.I would say des would want a couple of their players to cut them a little,but wed be better with a lussick or one of the halves.
a half?? why? how do u no hokko is going to fail under des?

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
a half?? why? how do u no hokko is going to fail under des?
a half as in halfback or 5/8,hodko is a good half and went well last year once dymock took over ,he needs a partner but.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
a half as in halfback or 5/8,hodko is a good half and went well last year once dymock took over ,he needs a partner but.
Agree, Foran and Brett Morris PLEASE.

Maybe Lussick for the bench.

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
The last 6 games of 2011 were a revelation. Players who had stumbled through 2010 and the early part of the season played as well as they did in 2009.

The biggest revelation was Stagg playing like a 5/8. Those saying he should retire or go to the UK need to have a good look at the replays. On top of that Hodkinson really kicked up a gear. All that was missing was a metre-making front rower and we bought one of those plus an aggressive young prop from the Warriors. Last year we were a good team with a bad coach (although not a premiership winning team). This year all the elements are in place to win the competition. We may not win it but we are good enough. It will be down to injuries and luck.

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I rate Hodkinson, and I see him as our long term halfback, but I think Moore let him (and the team down), with his methods

Also, we were getting OWNED in the forwards, ( I don't think we beat a team in metres gained last season)...This never gave our halves a chance to do what they do best

Like I said, you should reserve judgement, at least until you see how he will perform under Des

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
I rate Hodkinson, and I see him as our long term halfback, but I think Moore let him (and the team down), with his methods

Also, we were getting OWNED in the forwards, ( I don't think we beat a team in metres gained last season)...This never gave our halves a chance to do what they do best

Like I said, you should reserve judgement, at least until you see how he will perform under Des
Absolutely, for most of the year our metres lost was appalling. It was the difference in the last 6 games under Dymock. Hodkinson had some space.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Absolutely, for most of the year our metres lost was appalling. It was the difference in the last 6 games under Dymock. Hodkinson had some space.
Exactly, a half also needs a dominate forward pack. Any idiot knows that, this kid has no idea. He thinks we were no chance of making the 8 and the pressure was of Hodkinson as we were never making it, although right up until the final round we were a huge chance.

This kid has no idea, also says he wants Barba at 5/8 and Lett at fullback from what i'm told. Idiot.

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
Exactly, a half also needs a dominate forward pack. Any idiot knows that, this kid has no idea. He thinks we were no chance of making the 8 and the pressure was of Hodkinson as we were never making it, although right up until the final round we were a huge chance.

This kid has no idea, also says he wants Barba at 5/8 and Lett at fullback from what i'm told. Idiot.
Final sunday of season against the Raiders... Never a chance of making the finals (Had to win by 80)... However From that Parramatta game (First game Dymock was in charge, Warriors game doesn't count) until the Knights game, we were a chance and Hodgkinson ripped up!! He's a quality halfback and this year is his for the taking. The only reason we didn't make the finals was due to some pathetic tries for the Roosters because we couldn't defuse bombs (4 from memory) and Hodkinson getting injured in the Manly game and missing the 2nd half (He ripped up in the first half) and Jamal Idris knocking on with the tryline wide open and Matai scoring next set of 6.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hodkinson is a quality half. He is no Thurston but not everyone is. And anyways when we do have a forward pack like we do we are not expected to need a half to do everything. We play grinding foodball with strong defence and hard running. I think under Hasler we will see a return to a dogs pack that is feared. This pack will also be skillful and with the likes of Morris and Barba we should see a return to the entertainers, plenty of offloads and second/third phase plays.

Hodkinson defends well, chases his own kicks well, has a solid passing game and has a big boot on him. We dont need a half that runs it to the line 4 times every set.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
can't see any other option than Foran signing with us especially if DCE ends up going as well and imo
Glenn Stewart is one of the best forwards in the game we'd be mad not to get him over.

lock is where we could be be stronger and he would complete our pack and provide better options in attack as a proper fringe runner with ball skills rather than Stagg.

He's a big game player,aggressive and as far as I know he hasn't been in strife for much like a lot of people on here think - he's no Watmough

btw I loved his stoush with Blair didn't see anything wrong with it that aggression is what i want in our side

doggies 4 life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
canberra are going to announce that they have resigned dugan for 2 years for 1.3 mil

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Good on them, hopefully we are and always have been focused on Foran and B Morris.

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank god for that... Foran please Mr Greenberg

LSD

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm wondering if the dogs are chasing Cronk, Hodkinson would make a good five eight in my opinion.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The last 6 games of 2011 were a revelation. Players who had stumbled through 2010 and the early part of the season played as well as they did in 2009.

The biggest revelation was Stagg playing like a 5/8. Those saying he should retire or go to the UK need to have a good look at the replays. On top of that Hodkinson really kicked up a gear. All that was missing was a metre-making front rower and we bought one of those plus an aggressive young prop from the Warriors. Last year we were a good team with a bad coach (although not a premiership winning team). This year all the elements are in place to win the competition. We may not win it but we are good enough. It will be down to injuries and luck.
Totally agree re Hodko and Stagg. But another one that really fired in those last few matches was Frank Pritchard. It was as though he said "Waddya mean can I tackle? Just watch this!"

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
after todays performance from keating give me anyone but him

FFS enough chances for this horrible ****house player take him out the back and shoot him

Status
Not open for further replies.