Bulldogs Player Movements, Re-Signings, and Rumour Mill: 2012 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Make a lot of sense, a lot of noise that J Smith will be back in the Red V, maybe Gardner will accompany him.

Harby

Trance Family
Reaction score
Salary Cap rise for 2013? perhaps we can afford Lewis considering this

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Perhaps we could, though as others have said Folau would be much wiser money spent. Backrow already has Tony Williams, Pritchard, Eastwood, Finucane, Jackson, Taupau, Gavet, Payne and maybe Halatau if re-signed.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
let's just attach ourselves to every single off contract player why don't we sign Hindy for next year as well?

Lewis is a good player but he's not needed by us and would be better off somewhere else

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
yep agree, lewis is a gun no doubt about it. though is he better then trex? no. is he that much better then halatau or pritchard to buy another 400k+ backrower who has 2-3 years tops left... no. is he worth losing finucane or jackson. no.

i think our backrow looks amazing in future with trex, fincuane, jackson all kids. halatau and pritchard both got another 2-3 years left. plus eastwood!

i'd much prefer folau added if that was a realistic option of spending 400-500k on a player. although if we could i'd look at a gun half if there is any available to partner reynolds.

Bulldog_NJ

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Luke Lewis will not be going to the Sharks. Im proud to say he is a Bulldog!

Bulldogs08, and all the haters, come at me now lol!

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
im bulldogs09, i'm not a hater mate, i love lewis as a player. i just cant see why more to the point, unless hes not taking 400k...

MR SS

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
lol where did u hear that from ? where linked to every player out there. wat happend to jennings being 90% done deal at the dogs. loll all talk man

MR SS

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
where linked to every tom dik and harry lol burns me

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
ANYONE who wouldn't take Lewis in our team is an idiot. Offence. He is one of the best backrowers in the game. Not only that, he's one of the most consistent, too. Penriff are absolute idiots for letting this happen.

MR SS

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
falou and jennings as well i find that hard to believe

BAD INFLUENCE

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It cracks me up every time I hear about a player leaving their club because you can bet your bottom dollar they're linked to the dogs lol

col of birchmen

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to Triple M's Matty Johns' inside sources, "Israel Folau will be out of his GWS contract by September. They're negotiating a release right now, and next year he will be playing in the NRL in Sydney," Johns said.

"Given the urgency of the Luke Lewis situation, maybe it's the Panthers, but another guy said to me it will be the Bulldogs," Johns continued.

"The Bulldogs are the richest club in the league. they have huge amounts of money. If there is one club that is able to buy Israel Folau (financially alone) it is the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs. It would be a big attraction for Israel."

"And let's not forget that they'll get him for good money because he'll come back off AFL after two years, he won't be on the $600,000 to $800,000 [in the AFL], you can probably get him for $500,000 [in the NRL]," Geyer added.

"[But] would he be happy in any way, shape or form? No," Johns said.

According to a GWS insider who phoned Triple M this morning, "he wasn't there to play AFL. He was there to advertise the game. They didn't care if he played a game or not, he was the face of AFL in the West."

------------------

*** Be in mind that the Salary Cap is $5mil in '13..we are one of the richest, if not the very richest of the clubs in the NRL. Keep that in mind.

Are you 100% confident?
I guess sarcasm is hard to read on the net, ill spell it out for you all. We cannot afford Lewis, Jennings or Folau the salary cap will not allow it.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Say hypothetically we get folau the bulldogs will have the strongest back line in the comp. Barba, Morris and folau are absolute speedsters and inu is no slouch, also inu folau and perrett would be great under the high ball and perrett is a player who makes 140+ meters every game.

But in saying that Barba wouldn't be on peanuts Morris is a rep player and inu and perrett must have been on decent money before coming across I.e. wouldn't be cheap. Then folau would demand about 450-500. The back line would cost a fair bit. Would easily cost 1.6-1.7 million. Then we have a monster pack. Our halves would be the cheapest in the nrl but still an all star back line and international class forward pack. You gotta think where all the money is coming from.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
let's just attach ourselves to every single off contract player why don't we sign Hindy for next year as well?

Lewis is a good player but he's not needed by us and would be better off somewhere else
Yes to Hindy. A champion player deserves to finish with a champion club

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Potentially is Lewis comes with either Jennings or folau we would have a unbelievable pack (tolmam, graham, kasiano, Prichard, Williams, Eastwood and that doesn't include stagg, or halatau who potentially could be here 2013)

Then Barba, perrett, Morris, inu, and either folau/Jennings. Would be epic. Be even lafai will do a job in the centers for 1/3 of the price.

2012 is looking awesome and 2013 is looking unreal. Exciting times to be a player, administrator or fan of the club.

I prefer us bring up our talent instead of buying proven stars but it seems des knows what he wants and is going after it

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Say hypothetically we get folau the bulldogs will have the strongest back line in the comp. Barba, Morris and folau are absolute speedsters and inu is no slouch, also inu folau and perrett would be great under the high ball and perrett is a player who makes 140+ meters every game.

But in saying that Barba wouldn't be on peanuts Morris is a rep player and inu and perrett must have been on decent money before coming across I.e. wouldn't be cheap. Then folau would demand about 450-500. The back line would cost a fair bit. Would easily cost 1.6-1.7 million. Then we have a monster pack. Our halves would be the cheapest in the nrl but still an all star back line and international class forward pack. You gotta think where all the money is coming from.
We don't really need to think where it is coming from. We are the richest club run by the most cunning and forward thinking CEO the game has seen since Bullfrog. If there is a way to fit them into the cap and Hasler wants them I dare say we will get them

Status
Not open for further replies.