Bulldogs officially grant Faitala-Mariner permission to negotiate with rival clubs

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good Post. RFM club captain to lazy trainer. Picked club captain in January usually when training at its hardest. Club Captain is a mentor and example setter.

Mass turn over isn't healthy. Every year there's a roll out. Players Out, Players In, Players Released Mid Year, Players Added Mid Year. It's a revolving door. Hard to keep up.

Top 30 roster should only have 5-6 changes per year MAX.

What will these signings do the signings of 2022 and 2023 didn't do?

Will Averillo go the same upwards way that JMK done?

Will Alamoti develop and grow at Panthers like Meaney and Smith at Storm done?

Good on you for being a critical thinker. Good way to be.
Remis Smith is still shit. I always thought he was shit as is attitude stunk.
Anyone with half a brain could see Meaney would work out for the Storm. He was one of our better players under horrible circumstances.
R. Smith has been dropped multiple times and I dare say he ain’t a lock for next year.
Meaney doing great but was a fairly obvious outcome.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Club Captain is also the person players go to when they have a gripe, request or suggestion etc. They are the conduit between the coaching staff and the players, bi directional.

The average NRL contract is 3 years and with Top 30 players that means 10 players every year.
'

I don't know about yours but my crystal ball is broken.

Bennett is the GOAT, is he has it in him then Bennett will find it, if he doesn't then he won't.

Personally, just my opinion of course, Smith has not progressed one iota. Meaney is a cog in the Melbourne wheel, he fits and does OK, but he will get dropped (or moved to wing) when Papenhuyzen returns.

Perhaps a bit more thinking and less tolling.

Always a Bulldog
No way he will get ‘dropped’
Moved to the wing will be worse case scenario for him barring injuries.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
When you repeatedly finish outside the top 8, often bottom 4 - significant player turnover is a good thing
To a degree but we threw the baby out with the bath water as the Lebs say.
We flushed turds like Atoni, Napa, Tulua, that random guy that was homeless we shipped in during 2021 (wtf).
But we also got rid of Foran who we could have really used and as keen to stay cheaper. Reimis. Meaney (who admittedly needed a better team to help him) and a couple of others.
I’d even argue it probably wasn’t worth punting DWZ. Could have just used him as the winger instead of foxxxx instead of paying him to play elsewhere
A foran Burton halves combo couldve meant top 8 last yr

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We flushed turds like Atoni, Napa, Tulua, that random guy that was homeless we shipped in during 2021 (wtf).
But we also got rid of Foran who we could have really used and as keen to stay cheaper. Reimis. Meaney (who admittedly needed a better team to help him) and a couple of others.
I’d even argue it probably wasn’t worth punting DWZ. Could have just used him as the winger instead of foxxxx instead of paying him to play elsewhere
The decisions to sign reynolds nu brown brandon clark and to extend rfm n topine were riduculous at the time and now in hindsight they can be viewed as beyond ridiculous imho. Along with the emphasis on off field soft culture during the preseason there was a lot that the club got wrong imo hopefully they have learnt something. However whatever was done with the hm n flegg teams - the improvement in those squad was outstanding - was a big plus

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully the club learns from this massive screwup and doesnt offer dud contracts like this again
Like to think so this is now three years in a row of mass players out mass players in. The 2024 signings only Crichton is a top 13 at their previous clubs. The rest all not wanted.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Club Captain is also the person players go to when they have a gripe, request or suggestion etc. They are the conduit between the coaching staff and the players, bi directional.

The average NRL contract is 3 years and with Top 30 players that means 10 players every year.
'

I don't know about yours but my crystal ball is broken.

Bennett is the GOAT, is he has it in him then Bennett will find it, if he doesn't then he won't.

Personally, just my opinion of course, Smith has not progressed one iota. Meaney is a cog in the Melbourne wheel, he fits and does OK, but he will get dropped (or moved to wing) when Papenhuyzen returns.

Perhaps a bit more thinking and less tolling.

Always a Bulldog
Nasheed doesn't troll.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A foran Burton halves combo couldve meant top 8 last yr
I've read we offered Foran a contract, yet he declined it.
Is why there is little respect for him, his pay it back speech was nothing but hollow word when put to the test.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I've read we offered Foran a contract, yet he declined it.
Is why there is little respect for him, his pay it back speech was nothing but hollow word when put to the test.
We offered him 1 year only, he believed he could play for a lot longer and wanted 2 years minimum. He was right, still going strong and playing for NZ.

Always a Bulldog

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Good Post. RFM club captain to lazy trainer. Picked club captain in January usually when training at its hardest. Club Captain is a mentor and example setter.

Mass turn over isn't healthy. Every year there's a roll out. Players Out, Players In, Players Released Mid Year, Players Added Mid Year. It's a revolving door. Hard to keep up.

Top 30 roster should only have 5-6 changes per year MAX.

What will these signings do the signings of 2022 and 2023 didn't do?

Will Averillo go the same upwards way that JMK done?

Will Alamoti develop and grow at Panthers like Meaney and Smith at Storm done?

Good on you for being a critical thinker. Good way to be.
You gotta have some serious free time on your hands to create multiple accounts and chat to yourself.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We offered him 1 year only, he believed he could play for a lot longer and wanted 2 years minimum. He was right, still going strong and playing for NZ.

Always a Bulldog
So we offered him a chance to prove his health and pay it back, yet he refused?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I assume you think Ciraldo and Gould make no mistakes
The better question is do you truly believe that you know more than Gould and Ciraldo?

The other question is do you truly believe that by watching 80 minutes on TV per week you see more than they see over 7 days with up to 10 hours per day, face to face, in person?

Always a Bulldog

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
So we offered him a chance to prove his health and pay it back, yet he refused?
One year was an insult and I believe he has been well truly proven to be right and we weren't.

Always a Bulldog

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One year was an insult and I believe he has been well truly proven to be right and we weren't.

Always a Bulldog
Normally, that would be a fair opinion, yet after multiple years of his body breaking down and requiring long-term rehabilitation, I consider a conservative approach reasonable.
What if we signed him to another 3-year contract and he broke down...again?
We would look like absolute idiots!