Bulldogs officially grant Faitala-Mariner permission to negotiate with rival clubs

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His chances of finding another club was dead in the water when buzz ratted him out on 360, and the various news outlets were playing into the narrative that there was a lazy culture here

if we were smart about it, then we would have had everything hush hush and just shipped him off. But given the current situation, no one wants a lazy, complaining big mouth. He’s a liability to our club now, if he sticks around he could spread further discontent. To get rid of him, it’s full freight or nothing. Not sure how that impacts our cap but it sure is a waste of money

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Does anyone on here know the guy? Has anyone on here ever had a 1 on 1 conversation with the guy? I say this because I have no idea what the guy is REALLY like, maybe he is a genuinely good guy, maybe he is not, I just don't know. Given what has been said about him (for right or wrong), I unfortunately can't see any future for him at the Dogs. If he is paid out his contract, will he still be treated as a top-30 spot for the next 2 years? Can the Dog's pay him out on the condition that his payout is offset by any money that he earns playing league during the next 2 years?

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His chances of finding another club was dead in the water when buzz ratted him out on 360, and the various news outlets were playing into the narrative that there was a lazy culture here

if we were smart about it, then we would have had everything hush hush and just shipped him off. But given the current situation, no one wants a lazy, complaining big mouth. He’s a liability to our club now, if he sticks around he could spread further discontent. To get rid of him, it’s full freight or nothing. Not sure how that impacts our cap but it sure is a waste of money
I don’t think he’s be picked up in a starting 17 if he trained harder than a drill Sargent

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
We can talk about attitude but also worth remembering he’s had more injuries than a glass of oat milk so that alone would make other clubs weary.
So weird we signed him to THREE years. That’s the kind of decision that makes me question Gus.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We can talk about attitude but also worth remembering he’s had more injuries than a glass of oat milk so that alone would make other clubs weary.
So weird we signed him to THREE years. That’s the kind of decision that makes me question Gus.
You questioning Gus lol but yet you want to sign hoppa lol

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don’t get how we’ve kept a massive dud in RFM yet Waddell leaves.

I honestly feel like we are in for more pain next season. There have been fuck ups under Gus but there is no damage to the state of the salary cap which is a positive.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Exactly this. So many jumped on the "training too hard" narrative pushed out by the club via the media yet all happily ignore the fact that decision makers at the club are the one that recently made him captain and handed him a long-term deal.
Yeah but things change and the truth is likely somewhere in the middle. RFM was re-signed in July 2022 for 2023-25. Ciraldo was announced in August 2022. Pre-season must’ve gone OK for RFM to be made Club Captain but something has clearly derailed during 2023 - can’t be all one way traffic either way.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah but things change and the truth is likely somewhere in the middle. RFM was re-signed in July 2022 for 2023-25. Ciraldo was announced in August 2022. Pre-season must’ve gone OK for RFM to be made Club Captain but something has clearly derailed during 2023 - can’t be all one way traffic either way.
There is definitely something more behind the scenes.
Gus and CC ‘players don’t train hard’ could be propaganda. Could be truth. It seems odd to me they signed Curran who is rumoured to have training issues himself.
But also we want to believe the club. We are supporters. They have successfully demonised the players. But so many players had issues this year. Davey. Fu. Alamoti. RFM. Sutton. These guys have been around, are they ALL wrong?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Gus and CC ‘players don’t train hard’ could be propaganda. Could be truth. It seems odd to me they signed Curran who is rumoured to have training issues himself.
But also we want to believe the club. We are supporters. They have successfully demonised the players. But so many players had issues this year. Davey. Fu. Alamoti. RFM. Sutton. These guys have been around, are they ALL wrong?
Davey retired. Questioned answered. Peaheart.
Brown - a journeyman hack. The clubs mistake was taking him back to fill the Top 30 in the first place, same as Reynolds. Sutton’s issues were mostly injury related. Who said Alamoti had issues other than he knew his place was threatened with Critta and Xerri inbound? Sometimes a change of scenery is what’s needed and that might apply to both RFM and Curran.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Throw in Averillo as well.

Doesn't add up. Only you, 04 Dreaming and a handful of others prepared to question the script in place.

RFM has injury issues, no real market place value, signed three years.

RFM was made Club Captain in January - he must have went really well in pre season. Got the CC role ahead of Kikau, Fox and Reynolds.

All the sudden negative stories appear about RFM when rumours begin (later confirmed) the Club gave RFM permission to look elsewhere.

Who re-signed him for 3 years? Who made him Club Captain? The latter decision would have been based on players looking up to and respecting RFM as a leader in setting the training standards.

The club hasn't been a power house for a long time. The club has churned over too many players.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t get how we’ve kept a massive dud in RFM yet Waddell leaves.

I honestly feel like we are in for more pain next season. There have been fuck ups under Gus but there is no damage to the state of the salary cap which is a positive.
waddell while he tried hard was just prone to dumb errors. Still agree, he’s better than rfm, if everything that surrounds him is true. I think honestly they would want to ship him off but at this rate I’d be hard pressed to find a club that would take him in. We fucked up or someone did by airing out the dirty laundry

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Please quote where, any line would do, where i said I wanted to sign Hoppa.
You made a thread about it.
Don’t play dumb, why make a thread about something you don’t back up.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Throw in Averillo as well.

Doesn't add up. Only you, 04 Dreaming and a handful of others prepared to question the script in place.
I think the reason for this is myself, dreaming are critical thinkers. See both the bigger picture and what’s happening under the surface and between the lines.
Most kennelese members are blind supporters to the club. You see it how they’ll attack a journalist for saying the same things they themselves say here. Kennel masses are very prone to group think and swallowing the bulldogg press releases.
RFM has injury issues, no real market place value, signed three years.
3 very good reasons indeed. Injury issues should have made us very cautious. Is this not the reason we didn’t want to sign Foran for 2 years and stayed away from Adam Reynolds all together? Those players would mean way more to da club than RFM. That is what should have made us not explore anything beyond 1/2 years. Having no market value shows a year would have been sufficient if at all.
I don’t think you need to even be very clever to see this.
RFM was made Club Captain in January - he must have went really well in pre season. Got the CC role ahead of Kikau, Fox and Reynolds.

All the sudden negative stories appear about RFM when rumours begin (later confirmed) the Club gave RFM permission to look elsewhere.

Who re-signed him for 3 years? Who made him Club Captain? The latter decision would have been based on players looking up to and respecting RFM as a leader in setting the training standards.

The club hasn't been a power house for a long time. The club has churned over too many players.
Exactly. So he went from captain material to lazy trainer at the same time many players decided the culture stunk? Doesn’t quite add up.

Your last line is telling. Our rebuild is because we keep re building and not just building. Gettin rid of Waddell was stupidity. No one else we get willl be better than Waddell for 250k and under. You might get equal but we need continuity. We have no players left from just 2 seasons ago.
Teams need time to click and gel. We started to gather momentum in 2019. Then ditched them all and started again.
Did you know in basketball team usa lost to Lithuania a few weeks ago?
I find it hard to believe that Lithuania are a better team than the USA… even in the same realm.
But I know why they won. They play more together. They spent more time learning each others games.
If the doggs staff managed Lithuania’s team. They would be turning over the squad every time they lost a game.
There is a balance. We are ditching 12-15 odd a year when most ditch 5/6. Not only on the girls this will affect the club, but it’ll lead to culture issues and recruitment issues. Watch.
And also don’t be surprised if more players walk out next season.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get this flog out of the team. Sick of cancers, if you don’t wanna put in then cya later

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the reason for this is myself, dreaming are critical thinkers. See both the bigger picture and what’s happening under the surface and between the lines.
Most kennelese members are blind supporters to the club. You see it how they’ll attack a journalist for saying the same things they themselves say here. Kennel masses are very prone to group think and swallowing the bulldogg press releases.

3 very good reasons indeed. Injury issues should have made us very cautious. Is this not the reason we didn’t want to sign Foran for 2 years and stayed away from Adam Reynolds all together? Those players would mean way more to da club than RFM. That is what should have made us not explore anything beyond 1/2 years. Having no market value shows a year would have been sufficient if at all.

Exactly. So he went from captain material to lazy trainer at the same time many players decided the culture stunk? Doesn’t quite add up.

Your last line is telling. Our rebuild is because we keep re building and not just building. Gettin rid of Waddell was stupidity. No one else we get willl be better than Waddell for 250k and under. You might get equal but we need continuity. We have no players left from just 2 seasons ago.
Teams need time to click and gel. We started to gather momentum in 2019. Then ditched them all and started again.
I find it hard to believe that Lithuania are a better team than the USA… even in the same realm.
But I know why they won. They play more together. They spent more time learning each others games.
If the doggs staff managed Lithuania’s team. They would be turning over the squad every time they lost a game.
There is a balance. We are ditching 12-15 odd a year when most ditch 5/6. Not only on the girls this will affect the club, but it’ll lead to culture issues and recruitment issues. Watch.
They all said the same thing when Parramatta and Penrith put a broom through their clubs.. both are now better for it... ...... and if you know basketball you'd know three things - 1. USA sent a team that was probably 5th string best in each position. 2. NBA is very different to international basketball as the nba is all about the show (don't call double dribbles or travels as much as they should). 3. Nba is now being dominated by Europeans. Still great American players but it's a much more global league these days

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They all said the same thing when Parramatta and Penrith put a broom through their clubs.. both are now better for it... ...... and if you know basketball you'd know three things - 1. USA sent a team that was probably 5th string best in each position. 2. NBA is very different to international basketball as the nba is all about the show (don't call double dribbles or travels as much as they should). 3. Nba is now being dominated by Europeans. Still great American players but it's a much more global league these days
Biggest broom at Penrith came 2019 Ivan Cleary returned he removed so much on & off field baggage.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Good Post. RFM club captain to lazy trainer. Picked club captain in January usually when training at its hardest. Club Captain is a mentor and example setter.

Mass turn over isn't healthy. Every year there's a roll out. Players Out, Players In, Players Released Mid Year, Players Added Mid Year. It's a revolving door. Hard to keep up.

Top 30 roster should only have 5-6 changes per year MAX.

What will these signings do the signings of 2022 and 2023 didn't do?

Will Averillo go the same upwards way that JMK done?

Will Alamoti develop and grow at Panthers like Meaney and Smith at Storm done?

Good on you for being a critical thinker. Good way to be.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Good Post. RFM club captain to lazy trainer. Picked club captain in January usually when training at its hardest. Club Captain is a mentor and example setter.
Club Captain is also the person players go to when they have a gripe, request or suggestion etc. They are the conduit between the coaching staff and the players, bi directional.

Mass turn over isn't healthy. Every year there's a roll out. Players Out, Players In, Players Released Mid Year, Players Added Mid Year. It's a revolving door. Hard to keep up.

Top 30 roster should only have 5-6 changes per year MAX.
The average NRL contract is 3 years and with Top 30 players that means 10 players every year.
'

What will these signings do the signings of 2022 and 2023 didn't do?
I don't know about yours but my crystal ball is broken.

Will Averillo go the same upwards way that JMK done?
Bennett is the GOAT, is he has it in him then Bennett will find it, if he doesn't then he won't.

Will Alamoti develop and grow at Panthers like Meaney and Smith at Storm done?
Personally, just my opinion of course, Smith has not progressed one iota. Meaney is a cog in the Melbourne wheel, he fits and does OK, but he will get dropped (or moved to wing) when Papenhuyzen returns.

Good on you for being a critical thinker. Good way to be.
Perhaps a bit more thinking and less tolling.

Always a Bulldog

Last edited: