Bulldogs NRL Club Day - on Foxtel

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
4pm - bulldogs vs broncos, round 11, 2011

Is this the "Ben Roberts best game-of-all-time" match ??
That game was in 09. Im hoping this game is the game in 04 where we smashed them 46-18 in front of 50,000 at suncorp. IMO one of the best bulldogs displays in 80 years!

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have instructed my wife to change our FOX account to include sport in time for this,
Good move Skippy, but for your sake I hope your wife follows instructions. :thumb:

mygdok

Waterboy
Reaction score
Game listing

4pm - 5pm - bulldogs vs broncos, round 11, 2011[\QUOTE]

I believe fox sports may have made an error in their description...it is now listed as bulldogs vs broncos, round 11, 1991.

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Will be out today, but have set all games to be recorded.

Can't wait to watch some of these games.

dog whisperer

Waterboy
Reaction score
That game was in 09. Im hoping this game is the game in 04 where we smashed them 46-18 in front of 50,000 at suncorp. IMO one of the best bulldogs displays in 80 years!
I agree, I've never seen a bulldogs side just give it to a Bennett coached team full of SOO players in their own backyard. I've never seen them more hungrier to win a game than that one. Best win ever!

mygdok

Waterboy
Reaction score
How freaky was this...I am busy cleaning my kitchen. Decide to take a break, and turn on the tv (already had it on fox sports to record the games that I don't have in my collection). And the moment I sit down to turn on the tv, bulldogs had scored the first of their three tries in the game against parramatta in 98, to send it to extra time

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Loved the Utai slam to beat the Rorter$$$

Beldig

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wish they would've had polls to let the fans decide which games they showed..oh well

I would've wanted

1. Utai Slam game...of course (well done fox)
2. Our last game in '02 against the Broncos at the showground
3. Round 1 '04 against parra (sonny's debut)
4. Round 1 '05 against dragons (what a first half)
5. The game in 06' against dragons with all the hits
6. Round 23 '04 against Broncos at Suncorp
7. 98' semi against Newcastle
8. 98' semi against parra
9. Round 20 '02 against Knights

Can anyone else think of other games?

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our 42-12 win against the Roosters in '04 was a memorable win. Willie Tonga was brilliant in that game. It was a big win because we got smashed 35-0 against the Roosters earlier in the year.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Ahhh great days.

Caught a bit of the Melb Semi in '04. We were three tries up within 12mins. It was a Shifty clinic.

Izzy Forreal

2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Way We Were

I had the 2004 semi final against The Storm recorded and just watched it. Bloody hell! The score was Dogs 43 - Storm 18; and the mix of mental toughness, physical toughness and sheer ability was incredible.

Everyone had a big game but the standouts for me were:

Jonathon Thurston - A 21 yo who looked good and was obviously going to get a lot better. What was the real reason we let him go?

Shifty Sherwin - IMO about the best half back we've had (that's right - including Mortimer). His vision which allowed him to put in a grubber, a chip & chase and select ball runners was incredible. Plus he had the pace to go with it. When he kicked the field goal that made the score 37-18 it was obvious he also had plenty of the "Get that up yer" attitude.

Tony Grimaldi - A non stop lock who had plenty of ability in both attack and defence

Mark O'Meley - Tough as iron bark front rower who displayed top shelf ball skills

Adam Perry - A vertically impaired but built like a brick chook house hooker defended like his life depended on it and always on the ball. He took a 5th tackle kick option that found touch, gained us about 40 metres and put put The Storm back on their line.

We also had Steve Price, Mase and Bobcat in the forwards at or near the peak of their careers. What a forward pack.

But back to 2015... If David Klemmer (who is still very young) cam mix James Graham's attitude with his ability and whatever half - five eighth combo Des selects can do what Shifty and JT did we will be the premiership favourites.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The Way We Were

I had the 2004 semi final against The Storm recorded and just watched it. Bloody hell! The score was Dogs 43 - Storm 18; and the mix of mental toughness, physical toughness and sheer ability was incredible.

Everyone had a big game but the standouts for me were:

Jonathon Thurston - A 21 yo who looked good and was obviously going to get a lot better. What was the real reason we let him go?

Shifty Sherwin - IMO about the best half back we've had (that's right - including Mortimer). His vision which allowed him to put in a grubber, a chip & chase and select ball runners was incredible. Plus he had the pace to go with it. When he kicked the field goal that made the score 37-18 it was obvious he also had plenty of the "Get that up yer" attitude.

Tony Grimaldi - A non stop lock who had plenty of ability in both attack and defence

Mark O'Meley - Tough as iron bark front rower who displayed top shelf ball skills

Adam Perry - A vertically impaired but built like a brick chook house hooker defended like his life depended on it and always on the ball. He took a 5th tackle kick option that found touch, gained us about 40 metres and put put The Storm back on their line.

We also had Steve Price, Mase and Bobcat in the forwards at or near the peak of their careers. What a forward pack.

But back to 2015... If David Klemmer (who is still very young) cam mix James Graham's attitude with his ability and whatever half - five eighth combo Des selects can do what Shifty and JT did we will be the premiership favourites.
I wish we had a half like shifty ffs. Btw why did his nick name change too shifty when it was originally fifty?

mygdok

Waterboy
Reaction score
It has been mentioned before, it will be mentioned again. No one knows the full story except for those involved, so we can only guess and listen to rumours and innuendo, even if it purportedly comes from people who would know. Basically, two words...Coffs Harbour.

Izzy Forreal

2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It has been mentioned before, it will be mentioned again. No one knows the full story except for those involved, so we can only guess and listen to rumours and innuendo, even if it purportedly comes from people who would know. Basically, two words...Coffs Harbour.
Thanks mygdok. At the timw a mate of mine, a Souths fan, kept on for weeks about "what Thurston did at Coffs Harbour". The problem was that's all he said; not even a rumour let alone a fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.