Bulldogs not keen to let Maitua off leash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfpac

4 Life
Reaction score
Source: SMH

BULLDOGS international Reni Maitua has been ruled out for the rest of the NRL season and the World Cup after undergoing a shoulder reconstruction but the club is confident he will be back in blue and white next season.

Maitua, who had been planning to play for Samoa in the World Cup, underwent surgery on Monday night and is expected to be out of action for four months. The operation coincided with fresh speculation linking the former Australian Test lock to a move to North Queensland next season but Bulldogs chief executive Todd Greenberg said he was confident Maitua would see out the remaining year of his contract with the club.

"He's contracted for next year," Greenberg said. "I've had some discussions with Reni and I know he was very disappointed by the Sonny Bill [Williams] thing but he said he was looking forward to next year."

Maitua, whose season has been limited to just 14 matches because of injury and disciplinary issues, had previously sought permission to explore other opportunities but Bulldogs officials believed his frustrations were largely due the fact he wasn't playing.

The Cowboys, who have already snared Bulldogs centre Willie Tonga on a three-year deal, are understood to be operating below the salary cap this season and have further money to spend following the departure of forwards Jacob Lillyman, Ray Cashmere, Sione Faumuina and David Faiumu.

Melbourne prop Antonio Kaufusi is believed to be another player targeted by North Queensland and it is understood the Storm would be prepared to release the former Kangaroos representative to help alleviate salary cap pressure. But Kaufusi has also been linked to South Sydney and Parramatta as a replacement for prop Fuifui Moimoi if he decides to take up an offer to go to England.

Tigers captain Brett Hodgson (calf) returns for Monday night's clash with the Eels after a month on the sidelines. And the Bulldogs will blood a sixth debutant this season against Penrith, with 23-year-old Reece Blayney named on the bench in place of Aaron Groom (hamstring).

Edited as most of it had nothing to do with the Bulldogs....

S

sandman77

HAHA, The dogs wern't keen to let SBW off his leash either funny how things work out though.

Nothing can suprise me anymore.

As a bulldog fan we have seen it all.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
what can we do tbh...let him finish out his contract and if he wants to p!ss off elsewhere thats his choice

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
"Fresh speculation"

From where exactly?

These people like to pull news out of their rectums

jessicaaah

there's always next year
Reaction score
you guys know the meaning of "speculation" right?

Hasoon

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
whos mates with reni now from the team??

most of em have left

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he will leave bulldogs. before the sonny drama he wasnt happy living in Sydney. he wants bulldogs to relocate out of sydney.

now that sonny has left theres a bigger chance of him leaving with all the dramas happening in the club (eg Sonny leaving), reni aint the only player thats not happy in the club. I spoke to a bulldog Junior last nite and he told me u wouldnt wanna be in the club at the moment. he told me its his final yr at the club his already looking for another club to play for next yr.

Hasoon

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rabiha will commit suicide is reni leaves. but then again who cares about rabiha.

rabiha shouldn't care about reni because reni doesn't care about rabiha

Renis' his own man

Nick ''Top Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
hopefully next year with a new coach, new assistant coach, and some new players there will be a more happy environment at the bulldogs.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
i heard dimitra will move up to North Queensland if Reni decides to leave

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any player who isn't happy is free to leave in my view. All it means is they play ordinary & cause bad harmony throughout the team.

With all the dramas of the last year management should sit down with every player in the off season & discuss the will & intentions of each & every player.

Anyone who isn't 100% committed to the Bulldogs. "Don't let the door hit you on the way out"

Hasoon

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hii all from france,

im currently in toulon looking forward to this weeks game! Sonny's looking in great shape.

Farewell from France,
Hasoon

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
whos mates with reni now from the team??

most of em have left
Reni hangs out with roberts and Te Maari so he still has mates at the club. I'd be surprised if he left but if Kaufusi becomes available then we should definitely go for him. We must have more money to spend than the cows

byebyeUTAI

>>>>> Slowem El Tragic
Reaction score
Any player who isn't happy is free to leave in my view. All it means is they play ordinary & cause bad harmony throughout the team.

With all the dramas of the last year management should sit down with every player in the off season & discuss the will & intentions of each & every player.

Anyone who isn't 100% committed to the Bulldogs. "Don't let the door hit you on the way out"

agree 100%.... with all the new talent coming to the club next year we need to finish the cleanout..... and anyone who doesnt 1000% want to shed blood sweat and tears for the dogs might as well piss off now

we dont want any negative distractions on day 1 of pre season training....

commit or get lost..... and as i think his head or heart is not with our team reni should be let go..... but only to England

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
He busted his shoulder for us, he will be back.

Status
Not open for further replies.