Bulldogs make surprise approach to Munster as clubs circle Storm star

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And listening to the commentary the other day, apparently they have a new superstar called Swahili
Yeah roosters. Third party deals unlimited, no way they have all these players under the cap without it, and still don’t win every year. Any other club would be paying overs for Walker , lkeary, suali, manu, Tedesco, toupu. It’s such a joke.

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And there it is, I was waiting when an article like this was going to pop up... Farkin lazy journos....

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
For a star studded team I have no problems with us being over the cap Roosters have been doing it for years so have Melbourne. Win, cheat or steal a premiership or two it's all good......WAY BETTER than claiming the spoon and throwing your cap away on plodders, fringe first graders and no bodies. I'm sick of losing to a corrupt and favored competition.....period!!!
Yep they can take away premierships but they can’t take away the feeling!

Regardless of the outcome, 2002 was still an amazing year we will never forget and it led to the 2004 premiership. 3 years of being the best team in the comp was well worth it!

Considering players only care about money these days I think they would be better at keeping their mouths shut. Just make sure they have a great run on crypto and pokies over the next few years!

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cant possibly afford Munster unless we shop TPJ....perhaps to Tigers?
No club, even the tigers would take TPJ without huge freight...dropping him would of increased the freight we would need to pay IMO

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The Munster thing is another smokescreen from Gus imo.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I admittedly haven't seen a lot of football beyond the start of this season. But he's stepped into a situation where he had to play a huge role. He's definitely dealt with it better than most of his predecessors. You might be nervous about whether he's worth $850k a season, but of all the "might be's" he's done well enough to crack into the origin squad so it's likely that someone will find 850k or thereabouts to get him to leave. It's more of a gamble to let him leave. If he winds up progressing to the point where he's a regular in rep teams, we'd bang our heads for the next ten years that we let him go.

If Ciraldo is the real deal, hopefully he already knows Burton's game well enough to factor for it in general play and game plans.

It'd be incredibly nice to welcome a top notch 7 as well as the hooker we've needed since Ennis left in Mahoney (not a frequent runner, but will get our pack rolling and makes good choices). Kikau will hopefully continue playing good footy too. Time will tell how we're travelling with halves. Ciraldo may see something been chasing to shape in Flanagan or BBO or we may be negotiating with a youngster from elsewhere to potentially partner Burton for a while on a healthier wage. At the end of the day I know that of the 10,000 players we've reportedly negotiated with in the last five years, most f those reported negotiations haven't progressed past being a disproved guess and the players we land are generally surprises.
$850k x 4 years is a lot of money for potential with a big boot.

For that type of money i would be expecting some sort of certainty.

I guess i have to trust Gus on this one.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yep they can take away premierships but they can’t take away the feeling!

Regardless of the outcome, 2002 was still an amazing year we will never forget and it led to the 2004 premiership. 3 years of being the best team in the comp was well worth it!

Considering players only care about money these days I think they would be better at keeping their mouths shut. Just make sure they have a great run on crypto and pokies over the next few years!
The best thing about that era is that the roosters call it their decade of excellence haha. 1 premiership by default despite cheating and not getting caught lol.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Melbourne star Cameron Munster has broken Dolphins’ hearts and turned his back on a mega payday from the NRL’s newest franchise after pledging his future to the Storm.

Munster ended months of speculation on Thursday afternoon, informing Storm chair and owner Matt Tripp of his decision only hours before he flew to England with the Kangaroos to defend the World Cup.

It is understood the new four-year deal with the Storm, which begins in 2024, is worth upwards of $1.2 million a season.

8FE0964C-F7AB-40DE-97D4-948D9CCEAA7D.jpeg

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Melbourne star Cameron Munster has broken Dolphins’ hearts and turned his back on a mega payday from the NRL’s newest franchise after pledging his future to the Storm.

Munster ended months of speculation on Thursday afternoon, informing Storm chair and owner Matt Tripp of his decision only hours before he flew to England with the Kangaroos to defend the World Cup.

It is understood the new four-year deal with the Storm, which begins in 2024, is worth upwards of $1.2 million a season.

View attachment 59727
What the hell hahaha

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
anyone who loses to the dolphins should be relegated

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

View attachment 59727
Was this ever in doubt?

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was this ever in doubt?
Considering the money Dolphins were throwing at him I thought Anasta would convince him to leave but I guess he realises he wants a chance at winning a premiership, dolphins have no chance whatsoever at giving him that :tearsofjoy: This is huge for the Storm and I’m always happy to see Bennett losing another contract lol

Last edited:

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not overly surprised .... didn't think he would choose The Dolphins. They are years away from competing.

Storm know what they are doing ..... keeping their spine intact, only loosing Cheese.

They will be a threat for years to come.