Bulldogs Losing this weekend=Bounce Back Against the rooootsters?? Opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jen

Pleasing YOU since 1990'
Reaction score
Not saying were going to loose-but ever noticed we dont usually win back to back? It takes a bit of a slap in the face for us to really burr up and give it 1000%? Hoping we win thsi weekend-aslong as we dont get too full of ourselves and talk ourselves up for the enxt match... Whos out for injury this w/e?

houndmeister

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not saying were going to loose-but ever noticed we dont usually win back to back? It takes a bit of a slap in the face for us to really burr up and give it 1000%? Hoping we win thsi weekend-aslong as we dont get too full of ourselves and talk ourselves up for the enxt match... Whos out for injury this w/e?
I think the people who used to talk us up will be playing aginst us rnd 4 not for us.
I would be much more confident going into the game with back to baxk wins under our belt

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
I just want the 2 points this week and next week (can't stand either team to be honest):p

I think confidence wise its best to win this week heading into the roosters match, rather than facing one of the better packs with a loss behind your back. Obviously a loss is a slap in the face (especially how you lose) but hopefully we are passed that moment of inconsistency were its just 1 week good, 1 week poor.

As far as the 5 day turn around is concerned its been happening since the start of league i assume, surely they should be use to it by this point in time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ron Burgendy

Waterboy
Reaction score
we have the short turn around so its going to be tough to beat the roosters!!

we play the tigers on SUnday and then have to play again the following friday.. that won't be easy!

rogueflare

popeye
Reaction score
Its not that bad tho. I mean the next day is a recovery session, and trainers and coaches know the short turn-around between games, so im sure they wont be pushing the boys too hard during training.

The time between games shouldnt really impact on us. I think we will be just fine.

wogdog

Boards Don't Hit Back!
Reaction score
we have the short turn around so its going to be tough to beat the roosters!!

we play the tigers on SUnday and then have to play again the following friday.. that won't be easy!
i think that might be a good nothing provided we dont have any injuries

byebyeUTAI

>>>>> Slowem El Tragic
Reaction score
I dont think you have to worry about back to back wins this season.... the first 2 rounds have shown at least this year there is some hunger and enthusiasm in the way we play.... the likes of cleal, sullivan, williams and temaari there is some resotroed pride in wearing the blue and white.... we will win more games than we lose..... go boys

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
I would prefer 17 straight again :-)

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Dumb thread.

Who starts threads about a loss before we play the game. That is so lame. If you arent saying we will lose....why is this thread?

Sorry....but this is stupid

top_dawg

Kennel Established
Reaction score
^ dognacious at his best again, ur a ****** mate......must u allways bring people down.

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dumb thread.

Who starts threads about a loss before we play the game. That is so lame. If you arent saying we will lose....why is this thread?

Sorry....but this is stupid

Are you retarted or something?

She said this you moron:

Hoping we win thsi weekend-aslong as we dont get too full of ourselves and talk ourselves up for the enxt match...

Go learn how to read you idiot

JackTheLad

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
^ dognacious at his best again, ur a ****** mate......must u allways bring people down.

He is right though. Even this year so far: loss against the Dragons, win against the Panthers, loss against the Eels, win against the Rabbits

Is this the week we break the patern?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score

Its a pointless thread and i dont believe in thinking about losses before they happen. Sorry if this offends you sweety.

have a nice day :grinning:

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
He is right though. Even this year so far: loss against the Dragons, win against the Panthers, loss against the Eels, win against the Rabbits

Is this the week we break the patern?
I wouldn't worry too much about the trials, if we didn't hand the Eels the game in the 2nd half we would of been a top 4 team at the moment, not that it matters at this stage but confidence wise it does.

If we play for both halves this week (consistent from start to finish), i don't see why we can't come away with the 2 points this week. Tigers were good last week and i think its good to give credit were its due, however if we played well against the Cowboys and given how poor the Cowboys played we may have been able to put 30 on them also.

JackTheLad

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry too much about the trials, if we didn't hand the Eels the game in the 2nd half we would of been a top 4 team at the moment, not that it matters at this stage but confidence wise it does.

If we play for both halves this week (consistent from start to finish), i don't see why we can't come away with the 2 points this week. Tigers were good last week and i think its good to give credit were its due, however if we played well against the Cowboys and given how poor the Cowboys played we may have been able to put 30 on them also.
We lost against the tigers last year because of our slack defence. We were lazy around the ruck and DJ missled some classic tackles.

We defended well against some zippy halves from the rabbits (Luke an Paea), we need to do a bit better against the tigers because they are superior.

If we defend well we win.

jen

Pleasing YOU since 1990'
Reaction score
Yeah im 1000% with the winning back to backs, and as ****ing if i would say before a game were going to loose you numnuts, just incase you didnt notice, im a bulldogs supporter, in my house the bulldogs are practically our religion (if that makes sense) and if its such a dumb thread then dont come into it? i just wanted peoples opinions as to if theyd noticed our win loss win loss pattern.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yeah im 1000% with the winning back to backs, and as ****ing if i would say before a game were going to loose you numnuts, just incase you didnt notice, im a bulldogs supporter, in my house the bulldogs are practically our religion (if that makes sense) and if its such a dumb thread then dont come into it? i just wanted peoples opinions as to if theyd noticed our win loss win loss pattern.
Sorry i just dont like even thinking about "What if we lose" scenarios. It is
pointless and negative. So what if we lost anyway, it really means nothing for the next week. We would have been fired up for the Rorters even if we went into the match 0-3 anyway.

jen

Pleasing YOU since 1990'
Reaction score
Sorry i just dont like even thinking about "What if we lose" scenarios. It is
pointless and negative. So what if we lost anyway, it really means nothing for the next week. We would have been fired up for the Rorters even if we went into the match 0-3 anyway.

I didnt mean it as a what if we lose scenario, i was trying to emphasise on our playing pattern- i cant help the way we play, but the stats show we do tend to do the win loss win loss kinda thing..surley youve noticed this..?And yes, we would be fired up against the roosters regardless, but even moreso off the loss-we tend to build alot more on our mistakes after a loss IMO.

Love you doggies!!

Status
Not open for further replies.