Bulldogs looking to recruit Josh Dugan from the Raiders

Status
Not open for further replies.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think no doubt Dugan is the better Fullback (he is probably top 2 or 3 best fullbacks in the comp) and is also a handy goal kicker. But I would not replace barba for anyone (be that slater, boyd, dugan, stewart or hoppa). He is suspect under the high ball yes, he is a small man and has trouble stopping bigger men yes, but he has been here since he was a kid and come through the grades, earning his spot in first grade. He was developed he was not bought. He is as much a bulldog as any other person in the team (correct me if i am wrong but is he the longest serving player currently???)

And apart form all that he is the most exciting prospect in the NRL. And the other thing is also playing him at 5/8 will lose the most potent part of his game and that is returning the ball. How many 60m+ tries did he score in 2011? How many 100m tries has he scored in his first grade career? Not many other players in the history of the game have been like barba.

Dugan is all class. But spending 700k on him...... You could almost get 2 gun backs for that price (Brett Morris and Uate, or Manu or an up and comer like Gagai)

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
hopefully it is a ploy to drive up his market price as nassman suggested earlier.

after the roosters or dragons pay overs for him we can get michael gordon. dont really need to go on about how he is one the best kickers and a gun winger and is a fully hectik fullback and he put one on jarrod sammuts chin lol

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
hopefully it is a ploy to drive up his market price as nassman suggested earlier.

after the roosters or dragons pay overs for him we can get michael gordon. dont really need to go on about how he is one the best kickers and a gun winger and is a fully hectik fullback and he put one on jarrod sammuts chin lol
we chased gordon in the past he was VERY close to coming to us turner said yes first i understand in 2010

maybe he would come now?i rate him highly last two seasons he has been sensational

i think the whole Dugan thing is BS ive said it before Foran is coming i think this is a TG ploy to drive up dugans price and keep other clubs off the market of Foran and others

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
we chased gordon in the past he was VERY close to coming to us turner said yes first i understand in 2010

maybe he would come now?i rate him highly last two seasons he has been sensational

i think the whole Dugan thing is BS ive said it before Foran is coming i think this is a TG ploy to drive up dugans price and keep other clubs off the market of Foran and others

What makes u so sure foran is coming

bulldogluke

Waterboy
Reaction score
This article doesn't have any specific quotes from any Bulldogs officals or Dugan himself, the only source it has is from Raiders coach David Furner and its saying he's aware of Dugan being hard to keep. Dugan isn't coming to the dogs im just taking a massive punt because we signed Barba at fullback for the next 4 seasons and I can't see him playing five-eight and he's pointless on the bench only comes on for short period of time .

Naki

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don't think the dogs need Dugan, he's a great addition to any football side but barba is our long term fullback and it should stay that way. Besides barba is the longest serving bulldog in our team and he's come up thru the grades(NYC, NSW CUP and now first grade).

We should focus on fixing our 5/8 problem but I'm sure that Reynolds is good enough for that.

adamski007

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This is clearly a misdirection to cover the move we are really about to make, sounds like there is a player in sights but it isnt Dugan thats for sure.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
yeh funny guy. Coz i have been wrong once or twice in over 8000 posts everything i say is wrong. Thanks for your input.
Understatement of the century right thurr.

It's not so much being wrong, it's the way you go about it. See the Ryan Tandy thread for evidence. You basically call anyone who thinks something different to you an idiot, even though you have nothing concrete to back up your own viewpoint.

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I trust the judgement of Greenberg and Des wholeheartedly, if they think Dugan is who we need then so be it, but I doubt it I just don't see this as anything more than driving up the price of the other highly sort after player alongside Mr Foran.

LSD

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I have to agree with the smoke screen. Why would we when we have Barba and then Abou-Sleiman coming through the ranks.

Dugan is good but not the position we need to strengthen.

P

Paint.

Keep in mind this isnt just the Telegraph making up sht.

Centrebet (?) was paying $1.25 for Dugan to come to the Dogs in 2013 - closest to us was Raiders at over $4.
No betting agency would do that without a strong and reliable source, seeing as millions of dollars is banking on it.

Browny

Waterboy
Reaction score
The only JD we need is in a glass with ice and coke. Waste of cash. Barba to shine in 2012

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
As much as I rate Dugan (I think he is a great Fullback and will become one of the greats) I think that he belongs in Canberra and should stay there if possible. Also like others have said, although he is dodgey under the high ball I think that Barba deserves the number 1 jersey. His kick returns and support play are pretty much only second to Slater these days.

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Keep in mind this isnt just the Telegraph making up sht.

Centrebet (?) was paying $1.25 for Dugan to come to the Dogs in 2013 - closest to us was Raiders at over $4.
No betting agency would do that without a strong and reliable source, seeing as millions of dollars is banking on it.
Centrebet has a cap on specials like this, so that worst case scenario they lose thousands (not millions) if the bet is manipulated illegally. Gaining a few NRL customers along the way. Duges could just make it seem like he was gonna sign for us to bump up the Raiders odds then get the entire Canberra population to bank on it if there was no cap

Status
Not open for further replies.