Bulldogs looking for another forward after Hickey injury?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
We have Hannant (SOO) and Hodgson (SOO fringe) we have John Kite who I think will be one of the very best maybe next year (remember he has had a full FG off season preparation). We have been paying Williams, Lleano and Conrad Ta......o for years on potential. If any of these 3 actually pan out, we could have too many good props. Right now its up to the players to deliver, not the recruitment manage.

As to players who intimidate: we just don't have them but neither did we in 1980.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
hodgson is a SOO fringe player?

lol i dont think he has ever been mentioned in the selectors meetings that theyve had. Solid player but has never and will never be a SOO player.

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
hodgson is a SOO fringe player?

lol i dont think he has ever been mentioned in the selectors meetings that theyve had. Solid player but has never and will never be a SOO player.

I could have been wrong as I was relying on memory.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
ur deff wrong there mate, he is a very handy useful player but hes a backrower not a prop to begin with and he is deff not in origin levels. he is gonna be great for us very solid player but yeh no price,civo,hannat etc.

aarooni

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
hodgson can play both but i would use him in the backrow so we can promote the other fwds.the more we push leaneo,kite,hickey etc the better for exp is short.with hickey injured could have
hannatt,ennis,armit,hodgson,ryan,stagg
bench kite,leaneo,gorden,koups/temaari/conrad ta.
2 props,2 backrowers.there are a few players we have not seen and theres some who have something to prove.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
in an dream that is a long shot to come true but is still a shot it will be

hannat
ennis
hickey/armit when hickeys out
crocker
ryan
stagg

armit (when hickeys in)
eastwood
kite
hodgson
koups/teemari/conradta/gordon/leneo/timani (whoever deserves it most) would allow some depth

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
COMPLETELY FORGOT MORRIN! thought he was very good for us last season!

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
morrin wont get much of a go barring injuries tbh

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
Morrin comes across as a player with a big heart but suspect hands. One of the things Ted Glossop brought to the Dogs was good hands and making the ball do the work. Ryan killed that and we really and truly lost it under Folkes. Maybe Moore can bring it back. Mobile and motivated players like Morrin are valuable when the ball sticks but look like useless fools when it doesn't.

Doggy Dog World

Waterboy
Reaction score
Mate Pricey can be coach, fullback, supporter.
The guy can do it all and last year showed that the older he gets the better he becomes.
Anyway he aint with us no more, but has anyone else heard that he may want to finish his career back at the Dogg Pound.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
lol no he doesnt. he signed a contract extension with the warriors and has already been fixed up after his career.

Doggy Dog World

Waterboy
Reaction score
Oh well gotta love him for all that he's done for us.

Lets hope Hannant and Co can match up to the other forward packs this year.
For years we have fielded the toughest pack ever, and we have lost that aura the last few years. Its time for the boys to shine yet again. We need to bring back the mongrel!!!

Cant wait to get stuck into the Eagles round 1. Hurry up with this offseason crap!!! Lets play ball.

Duffman25

Grimaldi's no.1 fan
Reaction score
players like Morrin are valuable when the ball sticks but look like useless fools when it doesn't.
Morrin may run hard but he's not big enough. Defenders know he's going to run straight and have no problem tackling him regardless of how fast he is charging. His defence is paper-thin, i remember when canberra smashed us the 1st time last year morrin made winitana look like a brick wall.

The only way morrin should get a go in FG is through injuries or if the team is based on heart not skill.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Morrin may run hard but he's not big enough. Defenders know he's going to run straight and have no problem tackling him regardless of how fast he is charging. His defence is paper-thin, i remember when canberra smashed us the 1st time last year morrin made winitana look like a brick wall.

The only way morrin should get a go in FG is through injuries or if the team is based on heart not skill.
The only way Morrin should be on the field, is if the the fat lady in the 26th row eating chips has forgotten her boots.

But apart from that, I love the Moz.

Status
Not open for further replies.