News Bulldogs left with Dufty dilemma as contract call approaches

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just play Allen at fullback. He’d probably go well with good players around him. At least he’s not heart attack material and can be a solid player.

1.Allen
6.Burton
7.Flanagan
9.Mahoney

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Media are as predictable as the winner of a 1 horse race. Player has a bad game he's on the way out and the club want him gone. Totally expected that.

They really should stop getting their stories from the kennel lol

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For sure,but that's the season,we're talking about next season. The Dolphins need a fullback and with more time for his manager to shop him around to the super league and drum up interest he will want more and because there aren't many available options,he will probably get it.
Mate the dolphins can sign him ANYTIME. So can any other club. He has literally been off contract since 1 November 2021. Any club in the world could have signed him for the last 6 months for next year.

If someone offers him $500k for next year then he should blow his manager and the club who signs him for that should sack their recruitment officer

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I think Dufty should try score a deal with Leeds Rhinos. He's no where near as good as Rob Burrow was, but Duftys build and style of play is something their fans with get behind. It'll be good for all involved imo.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
yeh he’s got loads of potential but I think dragons have him in long term plans surely
They were saying something about Sloan and amone are unsettled with the coach Anthony griffin.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Dufty did extras at training he could be a really good player but like one of the media reports stated he has shockers a bit too regularly. You can't count on players like him in big games. Players like him usually crack in big games under pressure. He could cost you a GF. Better off going with someone like Walsh or the Panthers reserve grade or Jets fullbacks.
Rocks or diamonds type of player.

Not what you want in a fullback.

Happy enough to have him this year, but pretty sure he wont be a part of our next good team.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's only one game, but it was what everyone was saying would happen. I didn't watch him closely when he was with the Dragons, but their fans were happy to see the back of him, and he showed why on the weekend. It was rather shocking tbph. He avoided contact several times in defence and attack, and looked tentative in general. Dunno what was up with that.

He'd want to perform well in the next few games if they're going to decide by rd 10. Toia could be just as good (it's not a high bar) so no need to worry. I disagree that Dufty has been our best, or even one of. He's shown glimpses of good footy, but his chiming in the attack in the red zone has usually ended up doing nothing. He needs to be far more involved and effective for me to want the club to re-sign him.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nobody wants him but there’s a round 10 deadline, doesn’t seem to make much sense to me. Far too much made up bs in the media these days.
It's all speculations, it follows the rumours about Canterbury's interest in Miller...
It's The Daily Tellacrap reporting...but Brent reed isn't too bad.
Then again you never say never !

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Would be nice wouldn’t it !!
If we are to bother to replace Dufty, which is ridiculous talk after 1 bad match, I'd hope we aim higher. Like put JAC there and I don't want Sloan as a winger.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
If Dufty doesn't work out and we can't get a "rockstar" fullback I would look at Scott Drinkwater from the Cowboys. Great attacking player and wouldn't be too expensive
Not sure why anybody at the Kennel would want anybody but JAC at FB if Dufty didnt work out or got injured/suspended. It boggles my mind.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure why anybody at the Kennel would want anybody but JAC at FB if Dufty didnt work out or got injured/suspended. It boggles my mind.
He hasn't got any experience in theposition has he? Afaik, he has been a winger since at least his Tigers days, which was about 6 or more years ago.

He has the speed and fitness probably, but the positional, passing and other aspects he may not. And they don't get learnt quickly. Just look at all our fullbacks in recent times. So many that did a job, were solid at best. Not true, effective fullbacks. Hoppa, Jmoz, Bmoz? Can't remember if he had a go there. Meaney and Allan. None of those you'd want as your no.1 if you're trying to win a comp.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck it, fox to fullback and get semi radradra( he is off come june) for foxs wing spot! Boing

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Looked like Dragons Dufty all over again tbh. Let’s see how he bounces back. We’re gonna need him to have a good game if we wanna upset the bunnies

Birddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Gives more credence to the runour of JAC being promised FB for 23