Bulldogs Jersey Flegg - We are the CHAMPIONS!!!

Malla

Reaction score
I’m probably just getting carried away with the win etc but I’m more keen on the forwards coming through.

Hayes, Smith and Vale. Get abit of a Liam Martin vibe from them. Not the usual 6’3 backrower but hard as fuck and work.

Todd has always impressed me but this Johannssen kid was great yesterday too.
The whole forward pack is impressive. They train hard, and it shows the way they play.

This whole group of pigs need a couple solid years in NSW Cup playing against grown men before they can transition into first grade.

Todd is my favourite of the lot. I think he has real potential to be great in the NRL.

PeteHazz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This whole group of pigs need a couple solid years in NSW Cup playing against grown men before they can transition into first grade.
100%

And playing together as a group. All this talk pre-season about connection? Nothing's more connecting than winning Flegg, then playing NSW, then winning NSW Cup, then coming to first grade, together. That'll be the makings of a champion side

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
The whole forward pack is impressive. They train hard, and it shows the way they play.

Todd is my favourite of the lot. I think he has real potential to be great in the NRL.
From my limited observation at training they push each other as well, there's a lot of talk while they work.

Always a Bulldog

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
From my limited observation at training they push each other as well, there's a lot of talk while they work.

Always a Bulldog
The last three games including the gf were a high standard for Flegg - impressed with how aggressive they were throughout the games with n without the ball = gave away plenty of size against Roosters. Harry Hayes has improved enormously.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

What impressed me the most was the effort/ urgency shown .... a few missed tackles were covered up with bodies coming from everywhere. Too often we have seen one missed tackle lead to a try by the NRL team.

Todd looks good ... can play a bit before the line with a good step. Seems able to get between defenders. Tough as well and should fill out.

Junkey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What impressed me the most was the effort/ urgency shown .... a few missed tackles were covered up with bodies coming from everywhere. Too often we have seen one missed tackle lead to a try by the NRL team.

Todd looks good ... can play a bit before the line with a good step. Seems able to get between defenders. Tough as well and should fill out.
They are a good young side with a great young coach.
With the players, many have potential and some will be first graders. I think apart from giving a few of them a few first grade games in 2024, none will be ready for week in week out first grade in 2024 (the grind). Let’s be patient, 2025 will be very good for the best guys from the jersey Flegg team including Karl. Karl is no doubt a cut above Flegg but it would be good if he played no more than 10 first grade games in 2024 and played the majority of the season in NSW Cup. Just my two cents. handle with care and patience

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are a good young side with a great young coach.
With the players, many have potential and some will be first graders. I think apart from giving a few of them a few first grade games in 2024, none will be ready for week in week out first grade in 2024 (the grind). Let’s be patient, 2025 will be very good for the best guys from the jersey Flegg team including Karl. Karl is no doubt a cut above Flegg but it would be good if he played no more than 10 first grade games in 2024 and played the majority of the season in NSW Cup. Just my two cents. handle with care and patience
Spot on ... you make plenty of sense.

That is pretty much how i would like to see KO's season pan out.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are 2 johannssen bros. Only tim got mentioned here recently. Whats happening with the other one? Anyone knows?

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
There are 2 johannssen bros. Only tim got mentioned here recently. Whats happening with the other one? Anyone knows?
Not sure but def still involved, was in the celebration pics with the trophy