Bulldogs Jersey Flegg - We are the CHAMPIONS!!!

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Love to get excited about this but we win this all the time and the players go nowhere
Thanks for that … not.

Fu*king wonderful of you. It‘s been an absolute c**t of a year.

Couldn’t you just let people feel good for a moment or two about a Bulldogs team winning a premiership before posting this negative sh*t

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Thanks for that … not.

Couldn’t you just let people feel good for a moment or two about a Bulldogs team winning a premiership before posting this negative sh*t
Thats why I posted about this earlier.
The arguments usually start up with the claims and counter claims and before we know it the whole thread is polluted. We can't let that happen with this thread.

The youngsters deserve a celebratory thread free of vitriol.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Harry Hayes MOTM for me. He was fantastic.

O’Neill composed, great foil for Oloapu.

Jack Todd and Tim Johanssen are throwbacks to old school props and I’m here for it.

Papalii is the wild card.
Jack Todd is from Tamworth area here. Know a few boys that have played against him. Said he’s a scary ****

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are the stats on how many of these young men go on to have decent nrl careers wide arse guess would be around 10% competition wide make it based on names that I’ve seen thru over the last 40 odd years.
Anyone know who the big unit on crutches leading the team song at the team photo was ?

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are the stats on how many of these young men go on to have decent nrl careers wide arse guess would be around 10% competition wide make it based on names that I’ve seen thru over the last 40 odd years.
Anyone know who the big unit on crutches leading the team song at the team photo was ?
Every one of them have a better chance at an NRL career than you do as being a grammar and punctuation expert.

Let’s enjoy the win. The stats say we last won Flegg 20 years ago. That’s when we were a great club

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Todd is wayyyy more impressive than Hopoi

Hope to see a lot more of him in cup next year

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Todd is wayyyy more impressive than Hopoi

Hope to see a lot more of him in cup next year
Both Todd n hopoi have been good, Marshall I believe is eligible for two more years of flegg, Montgomery maybe another year. All workers.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every one of them have a better chance at an NRL career than you do as being a grammar and punctuation expert.

Let’s enjoy the win. The stats say we last won Flegg 20 years ago. That’s when we were a great club
Surely you have more if your life than critiquing other poster’s attempts at grammar and punctuation. This is a debate forum not an English exam.

J_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
How good was johansson , I thought he did great especially towards the end of the 2nd half

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think you have to watch the full season to be sure mate. I watched about 6-8 Flegg games this year. IMO there is the obvious KO, Papali’i , Marshall & O’Neil. I’d like to see more of Hipoi, Harry Hayes has potential still needs to fill out a bit.

And up front also Zac Montgomery, Tim Johanssen and Jack Todd were all Impressive at times and worth keeping an eye on. Some others who watched more games might add a bit more to that. A lot the above mentioned guys are only young too and qualify to play Flegg again if needed.
.A few of those boys are still SG eligible too like Marshall, Mazzone, Papali'i and Michael Gabriel who we missed out there today.

Eli Clarke is another one to look out for in the future too, Of the Morris mould and Hipoi's motor is absolutely insane!

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely you have more to your life than saying only 10% of these young guys will play NRL.

A bit glass half empty
Was merely posing the question and if you actually read the post the reference was to 10% competition wide so safe to assume the percentage would be skewed higher for the more successful teams.
Got nothing to do with glass half full or empty just curious as to how many actually make it.
As a point of reference SBW was the obvious standout from 2003 Flegg side, with Myles having a good career and payne, conn, hickey, Phelps, cutler having mixed stints in Nrl mostly at other clubs.
Mitsubishi Electric Bulldogs Jersey Flegg Team to play the Sharks on Saturday 17 May, 2003 at Western Weekender Stadium, St Marys (Kick-Off: 3.00pm)

1 Trent Cutler 2 Callan Wynn 3 Jamie Frizzo 4 Filinga Filiga 5 Travis Robinson 6 Cameron Phelps 7 Ben Shaw 8 Trevor Thurling 9 Matt Lamb 10 Anthony Hadley 11 Corey Payne 12 Daniel Conn 13 Sonny Bill Williams

Interchange

14 Chris McGuirk 15 Jason Wells 16 Nate Myles 17 Jarrad Hickey 18 Ryan Bartlett (team subject to change)

Junkey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Love to get excited about this but we win this all the time and the players go nowhere
All the time eh?… like 20 years ago. Just so happens last time we won was the year before we won the NRL.

Nasheed here,
When was the

Junkey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Thanks for that … not.

May want to check facts too Nosheath

Junkey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I blamed my internet connection and gave up lol.

Would have watched but didnt know about 9now televising it. Will watch later on as I was keen to see Taafe as well....ours now....don't tell me we gotta be praisin' Gus again today for his recruitment of MoM lol ;)
Get used to it mate, you will be thanking lots well into the future