Bulldogs Jersey Flegg - We are the CHAMPIONS!!!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Glad we got back to talking about the game. Thank you.

Can't we just enjoy the guys winning a title for the club without immediately devaluing their achievement by soiling the thread paying out on frigging other posters on here.

Even in celebrating a milestone under 21 premiership, we have to pettily mention negatives. Let's just enjoy the club winning.

Who cares what these others said. We have definative proof that Gus and the Club are on the right track with our junior pathways. For today that's enough. Let's celebrate.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
3 - Todd
2 - Johanssen
1 - KO

Didn’t play our best. O’Neill was solid but KO was more of a threat in the opp 20. Thought johanssen really turned the game for us second half.

Boys were so pumped to win lol was nice to see
The comraderie looked good with the boys didnt it.. Quite a few players, officials there shown on the coverage to support them so its great going forward.

It's a good place to be building a platform for our juniors now.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Eat a dick you latte sipping poofs.
Ref let them crowd and wrap under our guys arms in the ptb a fair bit and some of those roosters sure are fast....arrive on top of the player as he catches the ball lol...lightening quick lol

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Glad we got back to talking about the game. Thank you.

Can't we just enjoy the guys winning a title for the club without immediately devaluing their achievement by soiling the thread paying out on frigging other posters on here.

Even in celebrating a milestone under 21 premiership, we have to pettily mention negatives. Let's just enjoy the club winning.

Who cares what these others said. We have definative proof that Gus and the Club are on the right track with our junior pathways. For today that's enough. Let's celebrate.
WTF are you on about?? All I have read is people enjoying the win.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Personally I’d rather win a Flegg cup then reserve grade because reserve grade can be deceiving. It’s still an achievement but you can have a team with plenty of FG experience but players that aren’t quite up to FG week to week like we did in 2018.

Flegg is basically the best players of their age group against each other. Still some work to do to transition to FG but you are building the foundations.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Tigers won Matt’s against sharks in the GF 2022. But it was a cracker year for the Penrith club and a few of those kids tasted first grade this year.
My bad. Panthers won NRL, NSW Cup & Jersey Flegg.

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
At the game, surprising a good crowd. Harry Hayes easily MOM. Involved in two tries & scored one. Should great hands & timing. Tackled well & made meters. Equally impressive last match. Johansen has had another cracker of a game as a replacement. Good footwork & has a good offload. Jack Todd toiled hard all match. KO & Papalii has quiet games the 1st half & played better in the 2nd half. KO plays a much better traditional 5/8 role in Jersey Flegg. (Suspect different coaching instruction. O'Neil was busy without being too flash. Managed the game well in the final 5 minutes pinpoint kicks into the corner. Needs to get greater depth in his kicks, I am sure he will be working on that.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How good Matt’s & Flegg both getting the cup.
3 - Todd
2 - Johanssen
1 - KO

Didn’t play our best. O’Neill was solid but KO was more of a threat in the opp 20. Thought johanssen really turned the game for us second half.

Boys were so pumped to win lol was nice to see
Hayes will be our next freak.

Oneil directed us to the win.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Personally I’d rather win a Flegg cup then reserve grade because reserve grade can be deceiving. It’s still an achievement but you can have a team with plenty of FG experience but players that aren’t quite up to FG week to week like we did in 2018.

Flegg is basically the best players of their age group against each other. Still some work to do to transition to FG but you are building the foundations.
Great signs for the future, How many of these young blokes do you think are close to FG? I couldn’t watch the game .

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

These are primarily the guys Gus and his recruitment team have put together and brought along to be our future. Foundations for sure :grinning:

bulldogruss

est.1980
Reaction score

I was thinking about this earlier today and I do agree. NSW cup is nice to win of course, but our recent history of success there hasn’t meant much.

Bears playing the grand final today and have a number of players that have been around the traps and failed to step up when they’ve had the chance.