Bulldogs Jersey Flegg - We are the CHAMPIONS!!!

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I would have thought his main priority was putting the right people and systems in place to facilitate good junior pathways, which in time will have positive results for the NRL team. The fact it is already reaping rewards says plenty.

I remember very early on in his tenure I was amazed at his workload. He was always jetting off to northern NSW, Queensland or some other place. Him and others have cherry picked boys like Marshall, Kallum Weatherall-Stacey (don’t know if he’s still involved) Isaac Matalavea-Booth and probably many more I can’t name. He organised a partnership with Toowoomba Clydesdales and Farrar H.S and another, maybe Port Macquarie?

A lot of juveniles want to mock his lack of success in his job, well when I see 2 of our 3 junior teams being grand finalists, that’s all I need to confirm that Gus is certainly not the problem. Hopefully we keep a lot of the best young players and they’ll be killing it in first grade in a few years. I don’t know how much Gus had/has to do with the ladies, but we also made the GF in that comp.
Well said

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not sure if mentioned early and hopefully not a jinx. But if we do win we will become the most successful flegg club ever. Currently us and souths have 9 each as the most successful clubs in this comp. Funny we never won a NYC but doing well this year in Flegg.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Not sure if mentioned early and hopefully not a jinx. But if we do win we will become the most successful flegg club ever. Currently us and souths have 9 each as the most successful clubs in this comp. Funny we never won a NYC but doing well this year in Flegg.
Our 2010 Toyota Cup team was excellent. Sadly they lost the week before the GF to the Warriors who won the title.

This was our team in the last round:

1. Nathan Massey 2. Ratu Tagive 3. Timoteo Lafai 4. Nehe Milner-Skudder 5. Pao Pele 6. Aiden Sezer 7. Josh Kent 8. Steve Azzi 9. Lionel O'Mally 10. Martin Taupau (C) 11. Lopeti Timani 12. Josh Jackson 13. Dale Finucane

Interchange: 14. Josh Gill 15. Shane Pumipi 16. Sam Kasiano 17. Lachlan Burr

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Klemmer is still the best NYC player I have ever seen

Barba too but he progressed pretty quick

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Our 2010 Toyota Cup team was excellent. Sadly they lost the week before the GF to the Warriors who won the title.

1. Nathan Massey 2. Ratu Tagive 3. Timoteo Lafai 4. Nehe Milner-Skudder 5. Pao Pele 6. Aiden Sezer 7. Josh Kent 8. Steve Azzi 9. Lionel O'Mally 10. Martin Taupau (C) 11. Lopeti Timani 12. Josh Jackson 13. Dale Finucane

Crazy that Nehe probably had the most successful career out of everyone there

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

I remember that game clearly, i went and watched them live. So disappointing to lose but im pretty sure the Warriors under 20s side that year were freaks..

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I remember that game clearly, i went and watched them live. So disappointing to lose but im pretty sure the Warriors under 20s side that year were freaks..
Yeah the Warriors were always so good at Under 20's. Their 2010 Toyota Cup GF team:

1. Glen Fisiiahi 2. Omar Slaimankhel 3. Sosaia Feki 4. Siuatonga Likiliki 5. Elijah Niko 6. Carlos Tuimavave 7. Shaun Johnson 8. Neccrom Areaiiti 9. Elijah Taylor 10. Mark Ioane 11. Matt Robinson 12. Ben Henry (C) 13. Sebastine Ikahihifo

Interchange: 14. Nafe Seluini 15. Charlie Gubb 16. Sam Lousi 17. Daniel Palavi

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Watched Dogzilla play for Warrington in the game against Castleford last night. He's still got it IMO :grinning: 2-3 try assists with beautiful passes and looks even more agile than when he played for us. Billy T playing for Tigers....Billy's team went down 66-12.

There looks like a fair few forwards would make it over here too :grinning:

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm surprised the club didn't give Woods a crack In flegg this year to see where he was at playing up in age all the games I seen him always a class above everyone in his own age group and considering how our flegg has gone this year would have been ideal to blood him hopefully we can keep him away from the Swans there our biggest threat in keeping him . Hopefully he will get pushed through the junior ranks next season
He’s only 17 and small build . He’d get monstered against 21 year olds.