News Bulldogs head sponsor Arthur Laundy calls on Panthers to let Matt Burton leave club

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOLLLL not doing the right thing? He is under contract .. so by all means they are doing all the right and legal things. Matt Burton is the only one at this point who is yet to make a statement of any sorts.. if he wanted out so bad then perhaps he should say something instead of the Bulldogs making fools of them selves every second day.
I think Burton is OK with all this noise (mainly coming from us) otherwise he would have told us to STFU. Remember Baz said yesterday that he is in contact with Burton so it would be very easy for Burton to let us, and his manager, know that he doesn't want this dragged through the media.

My guess is while he'd prefer for this not to be playing out through the media every day, since he'd rather be playing FG every week he's willing for this saga to continue as long as he gets released.

I agree though he should make a comment himself but he seems like too much of a nice guy to cause any trouble. If he had just come out months ago and called Cleary a c*** he would have been released months ago.

Last edited:

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck I'm sick of hearing from this guy. Hope we can land a traditional silent sponsor whenever his contract is over
I don't care how often he speaks as long as he splashes the cash and we land the big name players. It's been a long time since the club has had someone this influential with the power to make this happen.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Laundy worth 800mil and his sponsorship to our great club is a drop in the ocean considering the invaluable exposure he is leveraging.

Azza needs to renegotiate the sponsorship and draw a line in the sand of when he feels the need to comment on Bulldogs business publicly

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Laundy worth 800mil and his sponsorship to our great club is a drop in the ocean considering the invaluable exposure he is leveraging.

Azza needs to renegotiate the sponsorship and draw a line in the sand of when he feels the need to comment on Bulldogs business publicly
I believe Arthur Laundy's sponsorship will amount to far more than just a name on the jersey. I can see him becoming an influential figure in the game much like Politis. He will never be a passive background sponsor.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I think ALaundy speaking out is farkin fantastic, much better than the silent sponsors/advertisers that never put forward the business angles to the NRL. It's about time we had a professional entrepreneurial voice getting on the front foot for us.

Go Dogs

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think Burton is OK with all this noise (mainly coming from us) otherwise he would have told us to STFU. Remember Baz said yesterday that he is in contact with Burton so it would be very easy for Burton to let us, and his manager, know that he doesn't want this dragged through the media.

My guess is while he'd prefer for this not to be playing out through the media every day, since he'd rather be playing FG every week, he's willing for this saga to continue as long as he gets released.

I agree though he should make a comment himself but he seems like too much of a nice guy to cause any trouble. If he had just come out months ago and called Cleary a c*** he would have been released months ago.
Alexander has completely exposed Penrith's unfair intentions...
Claiming that the game wasn't fair, it is an indirect declaration of Penrith being unfair towards Burton !!!
Selfish Penrith have pushed out 5 contracted players to suit themselves yet Cleary claims Burton is in need to develop his game further...
Who is he kidding ?
He is 21 and ready to develop his game playing first grade not reserves !!!
Don't forget, Ivan was willing to swap with Napa had Canterbury excepted paying most of Napa's contract.
All I am going to say to Ivan...What goes around comes around !
Say no more :tonguewink:

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How about a compromise? Loan Burton to the Dogs as long as he doesn't play against the Panthers & should they have an injury he goes right back. It's a win for everybody.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Love it. Hope he keeps harping on about this until it happens.

Also note it's not about the club, not once has Laundy mentioned we want him here because it will make us a better football team (even though its blatantly obvious) - it's all about Burton and allowing him to get his opportunity. Penrith have made it about them, Brandy's episode on 360 was disgraceful and a PR nightmare. Hope this keeps dragging out as the longer it does the more it will fuck Penrith.
I don't think it was disgraceful BUT it would make a few players think before signing with Penrith. But I guess they don't care when they have such a large & quality packed junior base.

Oldpanther

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don't think it was disgraceful BUT it would make a few players think before signing with Penrith. But I guess they don't care when they have such a large & quality packed junior base.
The more professional the game has become players would realise no matter where they go the clubs will all do what's best for them. The clubs that don't suffer. Dogs are a big example of that.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The more professional the game has become players would realise no matter where they go the clubs will all do what's best for them. The clubs that don't suffer. Dogs are a big example of that.
Our club has definitely been one of the more accommodating clubs in regards to players being granted releases over the past 10-15 years. I think that’s another reason we want it to work in our favour for once

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
After Brandy made it clear nothing's fair let's play dirty and get vocal. Might be controversial but is Burtons mental health being considered?
Mansour's wasn't tho.....Brandy used him as a pawn to justify Penrith's position on this.

Last edited:

Chriso86

Waterboy
Reaction score
I just see it as some of their juniors might think twice about signing longer contracts now, only gonna hurt them in the end

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

A bit premature. Team needs to win a few games before anything could be renegotiated. Arthur and Craig are a lot smarter than that.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Does anyone really believe Kent ambushed Brandy on air? That was clearly planned for drama views.
Oh yes for sure.

I Liked a post where someone proposed that early in this thread...still happened and was still said. Threw Mansour under the bus for drama views.