bulldogs head coach superthread

Status
Not open for further replies.

_BT_

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even though you make a lot of sense, you need to take into account that this is the Kennel and people on here like everyone to know how well connected they are... they just can't divulge information but want you to know that they knew before you... its terrible!
It coincides with little p3nis syndrome.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
:roflol:

I love the direction this thread has gone in.

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
Like others have said, it will be Stuart.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
The Club needs to release its decision on this, i'm sure they have already decided

jammo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The Club needs to release its decision on this, i'm sure they have already decided
Just a thought:

Todd Greenberg said that he will announce the new coach either just before the Grand Final or right after the Grand Final...

Is it possible that they are waiting for the end of Des Hasler's reign as Manly's headcoach to announce him as our new coach???

Manly lose this Weekend = announcement just before the Grand Final

Manly win this weekend = annoncement just after the Grand Final

Also just heard Graeme Hughes say that there are strong rumours that Desy will be coming to the Dogs... He isn't happy with how much Manly have offered him to extend his stay...

Dogmad

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
what a load of ****, hasler isn't going anywhere, hughes is just stirring

jammo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
what a load of ****, hasler isn't going anywhere, hughes is just stirring
It was just a thought buddy... i dont claim to have inside news or links to the club, players or the president of the USA... it was just a thought...

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Or......Is our new first grade coach still busy coaching the NYC or NSW cup sides?

The Jerker

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Bulldogs keen on Hasler

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...coach-des-hasler/story-e6frexnr-1226144173848

THE secret is out on why the Bulldogs have delayed naming a coach for next season - they want to interview Manly's Des Hasler once he has completed his commitments with the Sea Eagles this year.
The Daily Telegraph can reveal Canterbury have made preliminary contact with a senior player agent who is advising the record-breaking 2008 premiership-winning coach on his future.

It's a good time for the Bulldogs to be putting out feelers because Hasler is unhappy working under several board members who recently dismissed his long-time friend and media advisor Peter Peters. The same board members earlier this year had the opportunity to extend Hasler's contract beyond next season but inexplicably refused to do a deal.

Canterbury are also keen on Manly's recruitment boss Noel Cleal to work alongside Hasler.

It is unlikely Hasler would leave Manly because of his incredibly strong bond with the players, particularly the Stewart brothers, Glenn and Brett.

But the fact the Bulldogs have waited weeks and put a number of other high-profile coaches on hold indicates how keen they are to sit down with Hasler next week or after the grand final - even knowing Manly have an option on his services.

When I asked a senior Canterbury official about their interest in Hasler, he replied: "No comment." But he added: "Who wouldn't want Des Hasler?"

Hasler is on about $400,000 but could earn more than $600,000 at Belmore. He is rated among the top three coaches in the game, alongside Wayne Bennett and Craig Bellamy.

marsvolta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
good on the dogs for trying to get the best possible coach. my feeling is they're kidding themselves about hasler though

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
good on the dogs for trying to get the best possible coach. my feeling is they're kidding themselves about hasler though
Mate, as they say..."Money talks, BS walks"!!

According to this article, he is on $400K a year and I reckon if the Dogs offered him $750K (which is nearly double), he would be at the Dogs, who wouldn't.
Think about it! You would need to work 2 yrs at Manly comparing to 1yr at the Dogs to get the same sort of money!!
As much as we all don't agree with it, its a fact that loyalty is a thing of the past. It's all business these days.
I reckon that there is more brewing behind the scenes at the Dogs that we don't know about with nearly $1million available under the cap. A high profile coach would not like to be "given" a team, he would want certain players himself.

cyborg66

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldogs to move on Hasler and Cleal

THE secret is out on why the Bulldogs have delayed naming a coach for next season - they want to interview Manly's Des Hasler once he has completed his commitments with the Sea Eagles this year.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal Canterbury have made preliminary contact with a senior player agent who is advising the record-breaking 2008 premiership-winning coach on his future.

It's a good time for the Bulldogs to be putting out feelers because Hasler is unhappy working under several board members who recently dismissed his long-time friend and media advisor Peter Peters. The same board members earlier this year had the opportunity to extend Hasler's contract beyond next season but inexplicably refused to do a deal.

Canterbury are also keen on Manly's recruitment boss Noel Cleal to work alongside Hasler.

It is unlikely Hasler would leave Manly because of his incredibly strong bond with the players, particularly the Stewart brothers, Glenn and Brett.

But the fact the Bulldogs have waited weeks and put a number of other high-profile coaches on hold indicates how keen they are to sit down with Hasler next week or after the grand final - even knowing Manly have an option on his services.

When I asked a senior Canterbury official about their interest in Hasler, he replied: "No comment." But he added: "Who wouldn't want Des Hasler?"

Hasler is on about $400,000 but could earn more than $600,000 at Belmore. He is rated among the top three coaches in the game, alongside Wayne Bennett and Craig Bellamy.

source http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...coach-des-hasler/story-e6frexnr-1226144173848

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There's a thread on this already.

Bulldog_NJ

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are a financial powerhouse, and we should blow Manly's offer out of the water.

We either get Des, or we put a financial burden on Manly. I dont care how close his bond is with the Stewart brothers. $200K per annum is enough of an incentive to make him think long and hard.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
600k? Fu*k that throw 1mil at him. This opportunity doesnt come around very often.

Status
Not open for further replies.