Bulldogs Grand Final Fine - Rumor - Can someone please confirm

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Straying off the original topic, but I have to pull you up there.

Not all charities and not for profits are like the one you mentioned. There are hundreds of organizations who strive to make sure as much money as possible goes to the cause. Problem is there are a few bad eggs and it leads to some becoming disillusioned with donating and unfortunately some others using it as an excuse.

People: it's not hard to do some basic research on how charities and volunteer/service organizations spend their funds.

Signed a Rotarian.
100% agree.

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
World vision, Cancer council (the grubbiest of the lot) Oxfam, St Vincent De Paul ( the most rinky dink operation i have ever been apart of) and Amnesty Australia.

Most money gets reinvested in more promotions for donations, staff, rent, overheads. Most of the money does not make it to where you think it does.
Cancer Council makes me so angry. I used to donate monthly after being guilt tripped by someone on the street. The amount of times they've paid someone in a call centre to harass and attempt to guilt me again has made me furious.

I saw a quite new Cancer Council company car in my supermarket car park the other day. 4 wheel drive, would've cost around 40k new. Ok if you need a company car (and I'm not sure they do) why not a cheaper model?

There's another Cancer charity I've also been well and truly put off by after professional dealings with them. Greedy scum.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If you wish to donate to a charity.

Please donate to Motor neurone disease (MND)

https://www.mndaust.asn.au/Get-informed/What-is-MND.aspx

My dad has it & has the slow version. (has had it for 4 years) he now in a wheelchair.

I know this sounds harsh, but I wish he didn't have the slow version. (It's the most CRUEL disease to have)

At least with cancer you have a chance of beating it.

Sorry for my SOB story.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thehighballl

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Cancer Council makes me so angry. I used to donate monthly after being guilt tripped by someone on the street. The amount of times they've paid someone in a call centre to harass and attempt to guilt me again has made me furious.

I saw a quite new Cancer Council company car in my supermarket car park the other day. 4 wheel drive, would've cost around 40k new. Ok if you need a company car (and I'm not sure they do) why not a cheaper model?

There's another Cancer charity I've also been well and truly put off by after professional dealings with them. Greedy scum.
Cancer Council is a million dollar business, they have a fleet of those SUV's. Do NOT trust a word they say, they are all about KPI's and Monthly targets.

Kaz,

Sorry about your dad mate, my prayers and well wishes go to him, as it does to anyone's loved ones that are suffering.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i donate now directly to the childrens hospital in brisbane and no other charity

my eyes were opened up to charities and how charitable they actually are during the severe inland floods we had go through our town and the lockyer valley in 2011.

tens of millions of dollars were donated by the good people of australia and millions from the government, i dont begrudge anyone effected by the flood or who have had losses during the flood from getting hand outs or what they are entitled to , but seeing the red cross take 10% straight off the top direct from donations and then sell off all the brand new white goods that were donated did it for me. same as the church groups who took donations as well, they took 10% management fee from donations, then anytime theres a memorial get together for the ones who died in the floods you go there and see brand new prados, new volvo wagons new land cruiser wagons all painted up with red cross logos, why are they not driving around in suzuki swifts and small cheap cars instead of 70 and $80 000 top of the range model 4 x 4

also i actually left where i worked in 2013 after going through 2 major floods up here because i couldnt stand how some people stole and robbed the system so bad close on $2 million in total and nothing was done about it, to me its straight out flood fraud, and i wont work for lying thieves

and karma may be just around the corner ive got a lot of pictures and evidence from where i used to work, as a fella up the road from where i worked has just been nailed for fraud and is looking at jail time

Thehighballl

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i donate now directly to the childrens hospital in brisbane and no other charity

my eyes were opened up to charities and how charitable they actually are during the severe inland floods we had go through our town and the lockyer valley in 2011.

tens of millions of dollars were donated by the good people of australia and millions from the government, i dont begrudge anyone effected by the flood or who have had losses during the flood from getting hand outs or what they are entitled to , but seeing the red cross take 10% straight off the top direct from donations and then sell off all the brand new white goods that were donated did it for me. same as the church groups who took donations as well, they took 10% management fee from donations, then anytime theres a memorial get together for the ones who died in the floods you go there and see brand new prados, new volvo wagons new land cruiser wagons all painted up with red cross logos, why are they not driving around in suzuki swifts and small cheap cars instead of 70 and $80 000 top of the range model 4 x 4

also i actually left where i worked in 2013 after going through 2 major floods up here because i couldnt stand how some people stole and robbed the system so bad close on $2 million in total and nothing was done about it, to me its straight out flood fraud, and i wont work for lying thieves

and karma may be just around the corner ive got a lot of pictures and evidence from where i used to work, as a fella up the road from where i worked has just been nailed for fraud and is looking at jail time
I worked for the Cancer Council mate, I know exactly what you are talking about.
The donations would not get to the kids/people affected, it will just be reinvested and dispersed amongst the CEO and community relations manager.

the 2013 Xmas party had soooo much alcohol and 5 star catering..would of made the wolf of wall street jealous.

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
Cancer Council is a million dollar business, they have a fleet of those SUV's. Do NOT trust a word they say, they are all about KPI's and Monthly targets.
I am so annoyed at myself for donating to them in the past. They called me again last year when I was doing it tough and couldn't afford to eat. How about they stop using my past donations to pay for call centres to ring up and harass me and actually research the cancer they're trying to cure? Bastards don't want a cure for cancer. Will put them out of business.

Status
Not open for further replies.