Status
Not open for further replies.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes mate. Ray dib annouced it.
They have written a response back to the nrl and they are waiting fir them to respond back again.

Nrl are a pack of wankers
With Todd Greenberg our former CEO who just knew that public opinion was far more important than contracting players to win games being the head wanker.

Greenberg --> :anvil:

A

Alexander the Great

I wasn't at the last AGM however I was at the members forum just before Christmas.
Raellene did mention that the club did agree to it, as long as it wasn't overdone (which it was). So we do something for the good of the game and get stung with a fine cause the NRL expects us to run out to a pumped up Bunnies crowd while glory glory was still being played at the team makes its way up to the tunnel.

SHAME ON YOU NRL
Its ok. 2015 is our year....wont matter when he win it this year.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Poor old Todd. He would have been better off staying at the dogs. Hes done nothing to improve anything there, unlike what he did here. He was also more loved when here.
I agree. But Raelene has done a great job since taking over imo.

CB1935

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Grand Final advertised 7.15pm.

Its now 7.19pm and counting

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i want the bell, they better ring that shit

Thehighballl

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Trust me, giving money to charity is the same as throwing it in fire. You do not want to know how they spend the donation money..christmas parties, CEO salary, luncheons, travel expenses, rent for commercial property, advertisement for more money the list is long.

Will not name where i worked but i will not ever donate a cent and ask the kennel to do the same.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Trust me, giving money to charity is the same as throwing it in fire. You do not want to know how they spend the donation money..christmas parties, CEO salary, luncheons, travel expenses, rent for commercial property, advertisement for more money the list is long.

Will not name where i worked but i will not ever donate a cent and ask the kennel to do the same.
Straying off the original topic, but I have to pull you up there.

Not all charities and not for profits are like the one you mentioned. There are hundreds of organizations who strive to make sure as much money as possible goes to the cause. Problem is there are a few bad eggs and it leads to some becoming disillusioned with donating and unfortunately some others using it as an excuse.

People: it's not hard to do some basic research on how charities and volunteer/service organizations spend their funds.

Signed a Rotarian.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Have to agree, as little as 20 percent or less goes to the actual cause for most of them. There are a few non profit ones that are supposed to be ok.

Thehighballl

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Have to agree, as little as 20 percent or less goes to the actual cause for most of them. There are a few non profit ones that are supposed to be ok.

Much less mate. My ex boss lives in a mansion in Dover heights and vacations 3 times a year. Over 1M in salary per Year.. Why do charities need commercial real estate in prime time areas such as the CBD? Seriously just grab some cash and go to a kids hospital and hand it to the parents.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

So, how do we know where not to donate if you won't tell us?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
yeah give us a clue at least

like "the australian rugby league team has a captain, what is his family called?"

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
you need all the bells and whistles these days as the people who choose to use a particular charity
Want state of the art, the best facilities etc for their kids and family members
This cost shit loads of dollars and you need yo pay good money to employ good people
Loads of places that ain't run like this will fold

Thehighballl

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
World vision, Cancer council (the grubbiest of the lot) Oxfam, St Vincent De Paul ( the most rinky dink operation i have ever been apart of) and Amnesty Australia.

Most money gets reinvested in more promotions for donations, staff, rent, overheads. Most of the money does not make it to where you think it does.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
World vision, Cancer council (the grubbiest of the lot) Oxfam, St Vincent De Paul ( the most rinky dink operation i have ever been apart of) and Amnesty Australia.

Most money gets reinvested in more promotions for donations, staff, rent, overheads. Most of the money does not make it to where you think it does.
My accountant has been telling me this for years
He always gives me a huge lecture if I present a charity receipt at tax time for all the reasons you said
My accountant tells me charity starts at home
Once you secure your own financial security only then should you donate to charity and by that he means do free community charity work rather than give money
That work actually helps people more than donating money will ever do

And I agree

Thehighballl

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
My accountant has been telling me this for years
He always gives me a huge lecture if I present a charity receipt at tax time for all the reasons you said
My accountant tells me charity starts at home
Once you secure your own financial security only then should you donate to charity and by that he means do free community charity work rather than give money
That work actually helps people more than donating money will ever do

And I agree
Your accountant told you what you needed to hear. Not what you wanted to hear. Most of the charity $$ get's eaten up in "Management fees".

I believe in Karma, help people out when you can.

Many big corporate only donate cause it is great PR and a 100% tax write off.. if they found a cure for cancer today i bet my left nut that the charities do what they can to avoid the public from finding out, too many millions at stake. The money is in the drugs to keep them alive, no money in cure.

Sorry.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They get that out of the leagues club pokies in 1minute

Status
Not open for further replies.