Bulldogs express interest in Panthers flyer Taylan May

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldogs tabled an offer for Taylan and judging by the tweet from Weidler there was an offer for Tyrone as well.

Gus should have said from the outset it's Terrell no one else we get Terrell on his own. He chased after Terrell following his comments for him to be away from two clubs it's an all or nothing deal the offers were since submitted, rejected and after rejection been withdrawn.

Scoobs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yep agree mate but seriously who do the roosters lose that they don’t want to keep ??

It’s very ,very , very rare.

Only one in recent memory was RTS about 8 years ago
yep, totally agree. as much as i we hate the tri-colour scum, they are in an enviable position that we should be aiming for.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The Salary Cap is a myth. The way it can “legally” be rorted with the NRL having no appetite to fix it.

Firstly I will say if any player doesn’t want to be a Bulldog. If they are stalling and playing games. I don’t care who they are. Or what we need. They should have their offer pulled and move on to find someone that wants to be here.

With Penrith being the other club he could land at aside from staying at the Rooster’s. The Salary Cap is a joke.

The sooner a draft is bought in the better. I know it failed the last time it was tried but make it a voluntary draft. Any player that goes through the draft gets the minimum wage component paid directly by the NRL. So a player has the potential to earn more money. With clubs using less money out of their cap.
Any player who enters negotiations with us and drags it out after being given a good offer presents a real risk of underperforming. Who knows exactly what game May is playing, if the reports that he has been given a good offer are true (and it makes sense that they are), it is to his own detriment to come off looking like he is playing games. Other clubs are going to be a bit cautious around negotiating with him. Also, given how many NRL ready (or thereabouts) players have signed with the Dogs over the last 12 months, you'd have to be an idiot to play games in negotiations. If agents/players aren't picking up on the obvious, that the club is looking for players who want to be here, not players after a quick buck, then they aren't worth wasting time on.

We want a long fix, not a quick one. If we have to go another season or two low on prop stocks, so be it.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He seems like a dick to be honest.

You can’t ask clubs to sign your brothers when you have only just started cracking first grade.

Might be different if he was elite but he is far from that
That was instantly a bad look. If the NRLol wants to retain any pretense of running a legit salary cap system, it should be cracking down on any such talk. Any player publicly putting conditions on SOME clubs being able to sign them but not OTHERS adds to the sense that the whole system is a complete joke.

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We can agree to disagree, I just don’t see the fuss over him. I haven’t been on here talking him up so it’s not like I’ve changed because we pulled our offer. He’s not someone that I believe would change our forward pack all that much. Especially considering he’s out to get jobs for his brothers as well.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We can agree to disagree, I just don’t see the fuss over him. I haven’t been on here talking him up so it’s not like I’ve changed because we pulled our offer. He’s not someone that I believe would change our forward pack all that much. Especially considering he’s out to get jobs for his brothers as well.
Hence why our pathways are being fixed. So we can breed our players and only use our cap in emergencies.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bulldogs tabled an offer for Taylan and judging by the tweet from Weidler there was an offer for Tyrone as well.

Gus should have said from the outset it's Terrell no one else we get Terrell on his own. He chased after Terrell following his comments for him to be away from two clubs it's an all or nothing deal the offers were since submitted, rejected and after rejection been withdrawn.
Can you stop with your lies.
You have no idea on what goes on behind closed doors.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thought i saw his manager was looking for 500k/season , we go 1.6m for 3 years i assume and nothing. I can only assume the Roosters have told him to sit tight and they will "sort something out "